Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys (24798 Views)

Popular South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks / Popular South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Shows Off His 91-year-old Mother / Basketmouth Won The Award For The Pan African Comedian Of The Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by ogbiwa: 6:17am On Jan 17, 2021
The Recording Academy has announced "The Daily Show" host and GRAMMY-nominated comedian Trevor Noah as host of the 2021 GRAMMYs on Sunday, March 14. This will be the first time Noah will host Music's Biggest Night.

"Despite the fact that I am extremely disappointed that the GRAMMYs have refused to have me sing or be nominated for Best Pop Album, I am thrilled to be hosting this auspicious event," Noah said in a statement. "I think as a one-time GRAMMY nominee, I am the best person to provide a shoulder to all the amazing artists who do not win on the night because I too know the pain of not winning the award! (This is a metaphorical shoulder, I'm not trying to catch Corona). See you at the 63rd GRAMMYs!"

"With a knack for keeping viewers engaged and entertained, Trevor is the perfect choice to lead us through what's sure to be an incredible evening full of music, unforgettable moments, unity and inspiration," Harvey Mason jr., Chair & Interim President/CEO of the Recording Academy, said.

"He is a dynamic host, comedian and personality, and we're thrilled to welcome him to the GRAMMY stage as host of Music's Biggest Night for the first time."

"Trevor's comedy talents, engaging energy and unique perspective make him the perfect host for the GRAMMYs," said CBS Entertainment Group President and Chief Executive Officer George Cheeks.

"At the same time, it's very exciting to have one of our biggest ViacomCBS stars center stage for one of CBS' marquee events.

With Trevor hosting and 'The Late Late Show's' Ben Winston producing, it's yet another example of our combined company's power in music, entertainment and the biggest live events."

The 63rd GRAMMY Awards will be broadcast on Sunday, March 14, on the CBS Television Network and the GRAMMY Awards Premiere Ceremony will be streamed live on GRAMMY.com.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/trevor-noah-announced-host-2021-grammys?amp

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Millenniumlady(f): 6:30am On Jan 17, 2021
Awwww that's so big for his career......i still don't know why he's yet to get married Trevor just incase you come across my comment I'm still very much available smiley

Modify......To all the good for nothing urgent 2k guys quoting me i think y'all need a job cause trolling me ain't cutting it.....millennium is who you ain't fu*king with.....and when I drop comments sit up straight idgf if it suit's you or not....for those of you guys saying he won't see it sure he would cause I'm already in his dm kiss wink

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by zeusdgrt(m): 6:36am On Jan 17, 2021
K, atleast burnaboy and wizkid go win grammy for this one.Unlike one person wen dey shout tule!tule around social media wen he nor go even get invitation card for overflow section on the event grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Fheelzz(m): 6:36am On Jan 17, 2021
DAMN Africa to the world grin

4 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by RRodwave(m): 6:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Ok.....
Grammy or no grammy, e no concern me
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by buygala(m): 6:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Awwww that's so big for his career......i still don't know why he's yet to get married travor just incase you come across my comment I'm still very much available smiley

You are still very much available for him to use you for money ritual...Yeah?

Eleribu

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Canih28: 6:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Satafrika to the world bro

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Xucxex1997: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Very good
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
This is a huge feat for him.

Thumbs up and congratulations to him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Flexherbal(m): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
He has worked hard enough to earn it.

Congratulations to him!

Use our natural herbal flusher to completely clear your entire system off toxins and all the junk you too during the festive period.
For erectile/sperm issues use https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cure+weak-organ&quick+release
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Flexherbal:
Reading
U sef don dey type reading?
Nothing wey una no dey copy sha.
Na so u dey do for school?
Na wa o.
Dem are truly the yardstick for some followers here sha.
They follow dem footsteps bumper to fender cheesy
You are all welcome.....anyways!
Na Love.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Canih28: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Fheelzz:
DAMN Africa to the world grin
You mean South Africa?!

13 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Xucxex1997: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Awwww that's so big for his career......i still don't know why he's yet to get married travor just incase you come across my comment I'm still very much available smiley

U think say the guy no get sense?

13 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Seyi8750: 6:38am On Jan 17, 2021
H

2 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 17, 2021
life, and incase he charges too much. I will do that job for half of what he'll take. Contact megrin
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by lolaxavier(m): 6:38am On Jan 17, 2021
Nice guy.... always easy to relate with his comedy and always funny.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by MYGRATEskillz(m): 6:38am On Jan 17, 2021
Men... This guy is truely blessed. Big win for him

2 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Fheelzz(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
Canih28:
You mean South Africa?!

Yes i guess sad

3 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by tillaman(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
Great guy
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by dyera(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
The way this Grammy people take hate us Nigerians, no be here.

Even though we have the best comedians in Africa, the likes of Akpororo and I go die, they will never invite them.

7 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Franking: 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
My all time favorite comedian. Will definitely watch the grammies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
Hmmm
In life, if you don't make that move, explore that opportunity or deal with procrastination, you will remain at that position till eternity..

14 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by zeusdgrt(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Destiny leachers grin grin

9 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by ATEAMS: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
African to the world
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Queenlovely(f): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
h
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by joviegghead: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Fantastic.

An African to host Grammy

And 2 Africans to win it.
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Burna and Chimamanda were on his show

1 Like

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Nairalandwizerd(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Who is Trevor?
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by superior1: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2021
That guy and his boring jokes. Hollywood doesn’t want someone who is going to roast them like the last

4 Likes

Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Bovi and Basket over to you
Re: South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys by Tony142: 6:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Millenniumlady:

Gold digger

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Majid Michael Or 2Face: Who Is More Appealing To Females? / WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening / Burna Boy Tatoos Fela On His Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.