Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45254 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2021
I wonder when. I mean, we're only to guess which of the disciples who cut off a servant's ear (not a soldier) when the mob came to arrest Jesus. Unless you're referring to another incidence. So, when did apostle Paul chop off a soldier's ear?
mediaX:

He did. What's your point...
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
Very funny. You seem to know everything about me or what I'm thinking. With your wide open eyes, compared to mine that is blind, you still couldn't see that I said, "if you are a drunk..." I never said that you actually are. My blind eyes sees enough to not just pass conclusions when I haven't even met you. On the whole, you still cannot prove from the scriptures that drunkenness is not a sin, but I can prove from the scriptures that it is.
Kobojunkie:
The sad is that people like you are too close-minded to even realize what is being said to you.

You think I am a drunk because I tell you here that the Truth of God is that drunkeness is NOT a sin, meaning it is not that you even care about the TRUTH of God in these matters but that the side you are on wins this.. Am I right? undecided

Jesus Christ spoke of persons who are too blind to see what is right in front of your eyes especially what God Himself, through Jesus Christ went to great lengths to explain to you about the God you claim to worship. undecided

Do as Jesus Christ commanded, open your eyes and mind so that He can rid you of the lies you carry around in His name, and replace them with His Truth. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Very funny. You seem to know everything about me or what I'm thinking. With your wide open eyes, compared to mine that is blind, you still couldn't see that I said, "if you are a drunk..." I never said that you actually are. My blind eyes sees enough to not just pass conclusions when I haven't even met you. On the whole, you still cannot prove from the scriptures that drunkenness is not a sin, but I can prove from the scriptures that it is.
I only need to know what you think to know who you are. undecided

You suggested in your previous post that drunkeness is a state that I am likely familiar with, did you not? undecided

You need to start using your head here. undecided

I stated that God NEVER declared, in any of His contracts, drunkenness is a sin. And I gave you the assignment of finding in God's law for us(i provided you a listing of the books in which God's Laws are stipulated) the very lines by Almighty God Himself that state that drunkeness is indeed a sin. undecided

Get to work finding the LAW in either the Old covenant or New Covenant that states that drunkeness is a sin... Make certain to honor context while you are at it so you don't, for instance, pull a verse from Leviticus where God commands the Levites against drinking wine during ritual, or even a verse from Numbers where God commands that those who make a nazarite vow should drink no wine and eat no meat, as God declaring drunkenness a sin.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
I'm a bit amused over here. You only need to know what I'm thinking to know who I am? Well, only if you know what I'm thinking. LOL. Whatever suggestion or meaning you read into my comment is your own imagination, which is probably based on your personal experience. Again, if I hit too close to home with the "drunk" remark, I didn't mean to hit a nerve. Whatever contracts you're talking about, I have no idea. The only "contract" I know to be from God is the Holy Bible, and in it drunkenness is not a virtue. It is a sin. I'm truly amazed you'd challenge me to prove it with scriptures. Like really? Okay, Galatians 5:19-21 lists drunkenness alongside orgies as sinful acts. Again, 1 Corinthians 6:10 clearly says drunkards won't inherit the kingdom of God. There are other verses but why go further? I can't wait to read how you dissect the two scripture verses above. smiley
Kobojunkie:
I only need to know what you think to know who you are. undecided

You suggested in your previous post that drunkeness is a state that I am likely familiar with, did you not? undecided

You need to start using your head here. undecided

I stated that God NEVER declared, in any of His contracts, drunkenness is a sin. And I gave you the assignment of finding in God's law for us(i provided you a listing of the books in which God's Laws are stipulated) the very lines by Almighty God Himself that state that drunkeness is indeed a sin. undecided

Get to work finding the LAW in either the Old covenant or New Covenant that states that drunkeness is a sin... Make certain to honor context while you are at it so you don't, for instance, pull a verse from Leviticus where God commands the Levites against drinking wine during ritual, or even a verse from Numbers where God commands that those who make a nazarite vow should drink no wine and eat no meat, as God declaring drunkenness a sin.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So instead of investigating what I have thoroughly made clear to anyone really interested in knowing the truth of God, you instead choose to ignorantly continue rambling, pretending that by doing so, you validate what is clearly only of God? undecided

You want me to provide scriptural reference for what I have said several times now DOES NOT EXIST IN THE LAW OF GOD, and so is not of God? undecided

What you could do instead is find for us where it is written in either the Old Covenant(Book of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) or the New Covenant( the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) where it is written that drunkenness is a sin. Those books are the books that contain the Laws that Define Sin as given by God Himself in the Old and in the New Covenant. Let us know when. You find it listed. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
Friend,...if my response with vivid scriptures wasn't enough for you to clarify your stance on the subject 'intake of alchohol is not a sin', then I don't know what is.

I'm not sure of that *Law of God* you speak of, if it is not the same Bible I read. The Bible is God's word and he has made it available for His children so they can get guidance on virtually all issues they come across in life.

The scriptures that reveal God's wrath against damnable sins have been clearly shown in those scriptures I listed out and many more. But the bottom line is that, *if you do not wish to see the truth for what it is, nothing will convince you to do otherwise.

Afterall, not everyone can make heaven. Actually, 'Heaven is not for everyone', many must still go to Hell for the scriptures to be fulfilled. He has already said in Matt 22:14; that.. many are called but few are chosen.

I only pray that you and many others don't have to be among the ones that serve this gruesome destiny. Making it to Heaven on the last day is a personal choice, and likewise Hell. God has given man *will, so everyone has a choice to make in where he will spend his eternity.
Nothing concerning a man's end is predetermined or set because God has given man the power to make a choice and change his destiny from evil to good by sending His son Jesus Christ.

Judas let himself be used of the devil to reveal Jesus' identity for His crucifixion. It was a necessary evil, someone had to do it so Jesus could die for humanity and scriptures will be fulfilled.

But Judas didn't need to hang himself from guilt. If he repented like the thief on the right hand side of Jesus, heaven would have still accepted him because; 1 John 1:9; If we confess our sins, He is faithful and Just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Peter denied Christ according to the prophecy of Jesus Christ Himself, but he did not kill himself from the guilt, instead, he asked for mercy and repented. Today, he is one of the great apostles recorded in the Bible.

Many scholars before you, even those more knowledgeable of the scriptures and other vast subjects of world study have gone to Hell fire with all the knowledge they acquired. If what you believe is not in line with the gospel of Repentance, Holiness and Righteousness, then you might need to rethink your position in God's kingdom.
Matt 7:22; Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

God is more important than your carefully groomed denominational doctrines. Your eternity matters to Him. Ask him for the truth and knowledge of His word *THE BIBLE*
Choose whom you'll serve today.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
ibinaboonline:
I'm a bit amused over here. You only need to know what I'm thinking to know who I am? Well, only if you know what I'm thinking. LOL. Whatever suggestion or meaning you read into my comment is your own imagination, which is probably based on your personal experience. Again, if I hit too close to home with the "drunk" remark, I didn't mean to hit a nerve. Whatever contracts you're talking about, I have no idea. The only "contract" I know to be from God is the Holy Bible, and in it drunkenness is not a virtue. It is a sin. I'm truly amazed you'd challenge me to prove it with scriptures. Like really? Okay, Galatians 5:19-21 lists drunkenness alongside orgies as sinful acts. Again, 1 Corinthians 6:10 clearly says drunkards won't inherit the kingdom of God. There are other verses but why go further? I can't wait to read how you dissect the two scripture verses above. smiley
As a man thinketh..so is he... undecided

Anyways, I already done my due diligence here as far as expounding on the difference between God's Law on sin and man's opinions which do not and can't be use to change that which God Himself has declared. When you decide to update your knowledge of God in that area, let me know. lipsrsealed
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
Paramountgift:
Friend,...if my response with vivid scriptures wasn't enough for you to clarify your stance on the subject 'intake of alchohol is not a sin', then I don't know what is.

I'm not sure of that *Law of God* you speak of, if it is not the same Bible I read. The Bible is God's word and he has made it available for His children so they can get guidance on virtually all issues they come across in life.

The scriptures that reveal God's wrath against damnable sins have been clearly shown in those scriptures I listed out and many more. But the bottom line is that, *if you do not wish to see the truth for what it is, nothing will convince you to do otherwise.

Afterall, not everyone can make heaven. Actually, 'Heaven is not for everyone', many must still go to Hell for the scriptures to be fulfilled. He has already said in Matt 22:14; that.. many are called but few are chosen.

I only pray that you and many others don't have to be among the ones that serve this gruesome destiny. Making it to Heaven on the last day is a personal choice, and likewise Hell. God has given man *will, so everyone has a choice to make in where he will spend his eternity.
Nothing concerning a man's end is predetermined or set because God has given man the power to make a choice and change his destiny from evil to good by sending His son Jesus Christ.

Judas let himself be used of the devil to reveal Jesus' identity for His crucifixion. It was a necessary evil, someone had to do it so Jesus could die for humanity and scriptures will be fulfilled.

But Judas didn't need to hang himself from guilt. If he repented like the thief on the right hand side of Jesus, heaven would have still accepted him because; 1 John 1:9; If we confess our sins, He is faithful and Just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Peter denied Christ according to the prophecy of Jesus Christ Himself, but he did not kill himself from the guilt, instead, he asked for mercy and repented. Today, he is one of the great apostles recorded in the Bible.

Many scholars before you, even those more knowledgeable of the scriptures and other vast subjects of world study have gone to Hell fire with all the knowledge they acquired. If what you believe is not in line with the gospel of Repentance, Holiness and Righteousness, then you might need to rethink your position in God's kingdom.
Matt 7:22; Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

God is more important than your carefully groomed denominational doctrines. Your eternity matters to Him. Ask him for the truth and knowledge of His word *THE BIBLE*
Choose whom you'll serve today.
Your responses are merely disjointed' attempts by your person at walking around the facts of God. Your many Pastors and Preachers, all of them liars, do a lot of that too....offer up meaningless doctrines and traditions as a way of justifyingg their many lies

God's word is not as ambiguous in construct as you think it is. His contracts (Old and New alike) are clearly defined, so also His definition of what constitutes sin and what does not. If you can't find it on the list, He says do not attempt to add it. Trying to weasel around what God Himself said is sin.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Abeg keep your knowledge. I don't want them. Keep it all for yourself. You're so smart you even know better than the Bible. So the scriptures I quoted are man's opinion? Why dont you show me just one passage of the Bible where God declared, as you put it, that drunkeness is right? You're so smart. Kudos.
Kobojunkie:
As a man thinketh..so is he... undecided

Anyways, I already done my due diligence here as far as expounding on the difference between God's Law on sin and man's opinions which do not and can't be use to change that which God Himself has declared. When you decide to update your knowledge of God in that area, let me know. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals Crippled Man At Mexican Crusade (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Philip Mensah: I Have Been Sleeping In Graves For 30 Years To Get Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.