Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45357 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

You are not wrong... But, you are not being realistic.
We are talking Naija sir, not America or some other nations with actual rehab centers littered everywhere.
What has Naija to do with anything? undecided

Did Jesus Christ give His followers in Nigeria a different set of commands or rules? undecided

Jesus Christ did not command His followers to preach against behavioural problems in His name, and that extends to the jungles of Naija. undecided

You ought to run the other way if anyone comes to you, in His name, but preaching any Gospel that is not according to Him... He warned you of such people.i.e. They are not in any way sanctioned by God. undecided
Anyone with addiction issues should seek the help of a doctor who is trained in the handling of such. There are many groups out there trying to help people like the these days.. The last thing such a person needs is lies told in the name of God...lies to further screw em up for good. lipsrsealed
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by HelpYourself(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2021
Nuttella:
I am a good person and the color of my aura is very bright, your heart is dark and your deeds are dark.

Naughty girl go and be good

We both know the truth but let's leave it at that

Cheers

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2021
joinpreneur post=98167635:
The bible emphasises on wine. It says it's good.

Medically, alcohol does more harm to the body than good. You know what that means? It's simply not advisable. So if Bible says wine is good for the health, then definitely it's not the alcoholic.

Ultimately, My Brother Reno missed the target.
Bullsheet!
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2021
blackmantis:
Drinking alcohol is not a sin..... excessive drinking and drunkenness is a sin.

There are some medicine that are made with alcohol.

But as a Christian it's not mandatory to drink infact if your drinking alcohol can stumble others then it's better you abstain why should you use your freedom as a Christian to stumble another. But anyone saying taking a small amount of alcohol occasionally is a sin is not saying the truth.
Excessive drinking is not a sin. God warned you all against adding or removing from His commandments.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Sanchez01: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Neither is Drunkenness a sin...Not according to Jesus Christ, the Law and the Law Giver Himself! undecided

I don't know where you all get your claim that God declared drunkenness a sin because it is certainly not biblical or stipulated in any of God's Laws (I.e. neither in the Old or New Covenants). undecided
Isaiah 33:22

I take it this is coming from a drunk? One obvious and loud teaching of the Scripture is moderation. If it is in excess, then it is bad, no matter how good it might come off as.

Galatians 5:21: envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Isaiah 5:11: Woe to those who rise early in the morning that they may pursue strong drink, Who stay up late in the evening that wine may inflame them!

Proverbs 20:1: Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, And whoever is intoxicated by it is not wise

Habakkuk 2:15: “Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk So as to look on their unclothedness!

Titus 1:7: For the overseer must be above reproach as God’s steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain,

The Scripture has never hidden the fact that alcohol causes one to lose or lowers one's inhibitions as in the case of Lot (Gen 19:32) and several others. Drinking isn't the issue but getting drunk is. There is a reason some SPECIAL PEOPLE WERE MANDATED TO STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL. Nazarites were barred from drinking alcohol just as Levites. These set of people were special to God and they didn't choose to stay away from alcohol on their own. It was God's very own instruction to them. That should mean something to anyone who chooses to not just worship God from a distance. By default, most Churches today are referred to as 'Nazarite Churches' and its workforces as Levites. And guess what? Jesus Himself was a Nazarite, and so was Samson and John the Baptist and I choose to believe they weren't born as one by chance.

That said, the word "Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word 'nazir' meaning "consecrated" or "separated" and its origin is found in Numbers 6:1–21. You can't say you are God's chosen people, a royal priesthood and all of those without being separated or consecrated. This was why the Apostles advocated staying away from it, which many sects latch on to today. The why is because it is almost difficult to apply moderation to alcohol and the best way of staying out of trouble with it is to 'FLEE' its appearance. And by extension, to today's Christians - Nazarite Churches with Levites priests and worshippers.

And no, JESUS WAS NOT THE LAWGIVER, GOD IS. Jesus never came to abolish the law as He was never the one who handed it in the Torah, even though He was much around. He said it Himself He had only come to fulfill it. So where you got your own Lawgiver-Jesus from is beyond me.

Anyways, This is the Nazarite vow where THE LAWGIVER HANDED THE NAZARITE LAW TO MOSES in Numbers 6:1–21: https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0406.htm#1

Happy reading.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

Isaiah 33:22

I take it this is coming from a drunk? One obvious and loud teaching of the Scripture is moderation. If it is in excess, then it is bad, no matter how good it might come off as.

The Scripture has never hidden the fact that alcohol causes one to lose or lowers one's inhibitions as in the case of Lot (Gen 19:32) and several others. Drinking isn't the issue but getting drunk is. There is a reason some SPECIAL PEOPLE WERE MANDATED TO STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL. Nazarites were barred from drinking alcohol just as Levites. These set of people were special to God and they didn't choose to stay away from alcohol on their own. It was God's very own instruction to them. That should mean something to anyone who chooses to not just worship God from a distance. By default, most Churches today are referred to as 'Nazarite Churches' and its workforces as Levites. And guess what? Jesus Himself was a Nazarite, and so was Samson and John the Baptist and I choose to believe they weren't born as one by chance.

That said, the word "Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word 'nazir' meaning "consecrated" or "separated" and its origin is found in Numbers 6:1–21. You can't say you are God's chosen people, a royal priesthood and all of those without being separated or consecrated. This was why the Apostles advocated staying away from it, which many sects latch on to today. The why is because it is almost difficult to apply moderation to alcohol and the best way of staying out of trouble with it is to 'FLEE' its appearance. And by extension, to today's Christians - Nazarite Churches with Levites priests and worshippers.

And no, JESUS WAS NOT THE LAWGIVER, GOD IS. Jesus never came to abolish the law as He was never the one who handed it in the Torah, even though He was much around. He said it Himself He had only come to fulfill it. So where you got your own Lawgiver-Jesus from is beyond me.

Anyways, This is the Nazarite vow where THE LAWGIVER HANDED THE NAZARITE LAW TO MOSES in Numbers 6:1–21: https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0406.htm#1

Happy reading.
I am afraid you are all tangled up in nuts and don't even realise it. undecided

Since you are not yourself a Israelite, I don't know why you would concern yourself with the Old Covenant which is instead an agreement between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. undecided

Anyways, as a Christian, or one who professes to be one at least, the law that applies to you is Jesus Christ..the New Covenant/agreement between God and man. Yes, Jesus Christ is the Law and the Law giver Himself since even He said "I and my Father are one" or did He not ? undecided

So as one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ, you are commanderd by Jesus Christ to Obey His Commandments and His commandments are about 46 in count. Now, none of those 46 commands you against drinking of alcohol or any such, in fact one particular one tells you that you are free to eat and drink what you want because it is not what you eat that makes you unclean...Jesus Christ explained to His disciples how what you put in your mouth, goes in and comes out the other end. That it is instead what you store up in your heart that makes you unclean. undecided
Isnt it fascinating what you learn then you abandon the doctrines of rules of men -lies Jesus Christ calls them all. undecided

You will find the details of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, recorded in the 4Gospels. I hope you dump all those lies you have previously fed on so you can finally learn the Truth of God from Jesus Christ Himself... The embodiment of the New Covenant that God sent to the world to save those who will believe and obey. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Sanchez01: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are all tangled up in nuts and don't even realise it. undecided

Since you are not yourself a Israelite, I don't know why you would concern yourself with the Old Covenant which is instead an agreement between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. undecided

Anyways, as a Christian, or one who professes to be one at least, the law that applies to you is Jesus Christ..the New Covenant/agreement between God and man. Yes, Jesus Christ is the Law and the Law giver Himself since even He said "I and my Father are one" or did He not ? undecided

So as one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ, you are commanderd by Jesus Christ to Obey His Commandments and His commandments are about 46 in count. Now, none of those 46 commands you against drinking of alcohol or any such, in fact one particular one tells you that you are free to eat and drink what you want because it is not what you eat that makes you unclean...Jesus Christ explained to His disciples how what you put in your mouth, goes in and comes out the other end. That it is instead what you store up in your heart that makes you unclean. undecided
Isnt it fascinating what you learn then you abandon the doctrines of rules of men -lies Jesus Christ calls them all. undecided

You will find the details of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, recorded in the 4Gospels. I hope you dump all those lies you have previously fed on so you can finally learn the Truth of God from Jesus Christ Himself... The embodiment of the New Covenant that God sent to the world to save those who will believe and obey. undecided
[/s]
And I thought I was engaging someone who will respond with Scripture back ups? Humour me a minute? Is there a God Head? If yes, does the statement of Christ invalidate the authority or role of the God Head when he is only the Son? The Old Testament was not exclusively for the Children of Israel but I doubt I would want waste my time. JESUS SAID HE WAS SENT ONLY SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL IN Matthew 15:24. Question is, if this is the case, why then do you worship Him when He isn't sent to you since you are not an Israelite? undecided cheesy

Truth is, I meet the "New Covenant-only" people like you periodically and I see the same glaring pattern of selective amnesia and what-suits-me mindset.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2021
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
And I thought I was engaging someone who will respond with Scripture back ups? Humour me a minute? Is there a God Head? If yes, does the statement of Christ invalidate the authority or role of the God Head when he is only the Son? The Old Testament was not exclusively for the Children of Israel but I doubt I would want waste my time. JESUS SAID HE WAS SENT ONLY SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL IN Matthew 15:24. Question is, if this is the case, why then do you worship Him when He isn't sent to you since you are not an Israelite? undecided cheesy

Truth is, I meet the "New Covenant-only" people like you periodically and I see the same glaring pattern of selective amnesia and what-suits-me mindset.
Unfortunately for you, I am afraid you were not included as part of the Old Covenant for you see it was an agreement strictly for those who were descendants of Jacob. You can read more of that in Deuteronomy 30 where it is ratified. Foreigners who lived among the Israelites were only bound by 4 out of 613 statutes of the Old Covenant and they had no share in the promise of it. undecided

Now, back to Jesus Christ who indeed said He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel, the same then sent His own disciples into the world to teach bring His New Covenant( the same covenant with the light yoke and easy burden) to the rest of the world. undecided

You ask about a God head and I wonder what in the world that has to do with any of what I have said so far. Jesus Christ said " I and my Father are one" ...making Him not only the Law but also the Law giver... And since He is the one who sent His disciples out into the world...He is our Law giver. undecided

Now the very same Jesus Christ also warned His followers against mixing New wine and Old wine. He instructucted us all against trying to store New wine in Old wine skin, and vice verse...as all that does is cause havoc, so why anyone would want to follow after both the Old and New Covenant, against the very commandment of Jesus Christ Himself, is beyond me. undecided

In the Old Covenant, God commanded His people not to add or remove from His commandments. In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ also gave similar instructions to His followers. Attempts at mixing both Covenants automatically result in the breaking of the law of God which is a sin. lipsrsealed

After all, the same declared, " if you love me, you will obey my commandments". undecided

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you assume to be selective amnesia but instead obedience...the kind that God commands of those who are of His Covenant(either Old or New) and will follow after Him. grin
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Isaiah 5;11 Woe to those who rise
early in the morning, that
they may run after strong
drink, who tarry late into
the evening as wine
inflames them!
Never pick a verse out of context expecting the message to remain the same no matter what. Go back and re-read that verse in it's original context to get the message and the audience correctly sorted. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2021
Taiwojon:

no!!!!!

it will. remember suicide is sins and in smoking and drinking alcohol is Sins because in smoking a warning is given

smoker are liable to die young so also is alcohol it kill and shorten the life span of a person

so why kill yourself or take your life when you cannot give life

smoking and alcohol are factor that Led one to his early grave.
so life you can't give don't take it
avoid alcohol is kill. what the Bible is talking about in the verse quote was talking about all this harmless wine like 5 alive or juice.
so stop misquoting the Bible and flee alcohol
All Lies! undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2021
AZeD1:

Gluttony is a sin and it's from eating you become a glutton so why bother eating at all?
Good question! undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2021
kushe:
The bible teaches against excess.
Excessive words,excessive idleness, excessive drinking and revelry in general.
The bible doesn't condemn the intake of alcohol as even Jesus was accused of being a drunkard.
We are saved by grace through faith and not this false religious piety that is totally unscriptural.
However because it demands a lot of self denial people actually feel righteous doing those things.
Yes, even Jesus Christ was accused of being a drunk and a glutton... grin
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Primase: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I like the taste of cake too but you won't see me stuffing my face with zero-calorie option cause the real stuff makes e fat. lipsrsealed
What next? Zero-calorie beef? lipsrsealed

The 5% alcohol Heineken beer is still available in the market. This one is just an alternative.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by joinpreneur(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Bullsheet!

Arguing with you is a waste of time.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Primase:

The 5% alcohol Heineken beer is still available in the market. This one is just an alternative.
No mind me o'jare!
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by gobuchinny: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law Himself, tell you that drunkeness is a sin? undecided

Drunkness being a sin is stated all over the NT. REMEBER Yeshua was Himself born under d law and until d death of the testator, a testament is not in force so after His death the apostles ushered d NT LAW for which drunkness is a sin stated clearly its excess like gluttony or greed which is excess of material things.

Drinking alcohol is no sin but drunkness is as Paul and other apostles stated severally in his letters

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Janosky: 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:
Reno Omokri has said that the act of consuming alcohol is not a sin, IgbereTV reports.

The former presidential aide said that people who preach against the drinking of alcohol are going against what the scriptures said in relation to the matter.

According to him, the act of drinking it is not a sin, rather, it is getting drunk as a result of the intake that’s a sin.

He wrote via his Twitter handle:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1350493665240748033?s=19

Yes nah grin cheesy
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Excessive drinking is not a sin. God warned you all against adding or removing from His commandments.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
gobuchinny:

Drunkness being a sin is stated all over the NT. REMEBER Yeshua was Himself born under d law and until d death of the testator, a testament is not in force so after His death the apostles ushered d NT LAW for which drunkness is a sin stated clearly its excess like gluttony or greed which is excess of material things.

Drinking alcohol is no sin but drunkness is as Paul and other apostles stated severally in his letters
I am afraid you may have been reading your Bible upside down and sideways backwards. undecided

See, in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ Himself is the law and no where did the Law state that Drunkeness is a sin. undecided
Under the Old Covenant laws, Drunkenness is also not listed as a sin. Of the 613 commandments that make up the Old Covenant, not one of them lists drunkenness as a sin. Gluttony is not even listed as a sin either. undecided

Many of you have instead sought to confuse your traditions and personal bias for God's truth, something God warned you all against doing. undecided

God and God alone is the LAW...Paul and the others like him out there are merely servants of God, like every other follower of God. Servants don't make laws...they instead follow the LAW set in place by the one who is the MASTER. So citing what Paul and other apostles say as counter to God's own declaration is tantamount to slapping God in the face with a lie...a sin. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Paramountgift(f): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
I've been following your replies from a while now and I don't see you laying reference to any scriptures of the Bible to support your claims.
I'll advise that you desist from using head knowledge to judge spiritual matters.

Rom 8:6-7; For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Do you know the Holy spirit?

John 14:26; But the helper the Holy spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you.

Have you been baptized in water and spirit?

Mark 1:8 ; I indeed baptize you with water but He will baptize you with the Holy spirit

Do you read the same Holy Bible kjv that we know?

2 Tim 2:15; Study to shew thyself approved into God, a watchman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.

Some points you make are pure scientific and theoretical.
Spiritual things are different from carnal things!
Not even the simplest of verses in the Bible should be approached carnally!
For instance, even the seeming phrase..'Jesus wept' in...John 11:35, should be read with a broken heart and leading of the holy spirit so as to unravel the hidden mysteries behind the message.

In the Bible, apart from just riches and prosperity, we have the gospel of Repentance, Holiness and Righteousness. We also have verses that clearly revealed damnable sins awaiting mankind if they don't repent of them.
God's anger against the intake of alcohol you so defend is also revealed in several places of the Bible.

However, if your heart is set on not believing, you will never see the truth even if they are revealed to you point blank.

With that being said, I advise that you open up your heart for new realisations in line with the scriptures, study your Bible with a lowly and contrite heart, because, even the Jesus you claim to know is meek and lowly in heart.

Ezek 36:26; ..I will put a new Spirit within you, I will take away the stone heart from you and give you a heart of flesh..

Ask God to reveal his truths and hidden mysteries to you. This message is not only directed to this person, but all that come across it.

If you have your Bible with you, check the following verses:

Alcohol ××× - proverbs 23:20..woe to them
Isaiah 5:11..- Old testament
Eph 5:18..- New testament
Gal 5:21- New testament
1 Cor 6:20..- New testament
These and so many other scriptures condemn the intake of alcohol. The punishment for those that indulge in such are not pleasant at all.

Here are some other notables:

Adultery, fornication, wordiness, unforgiving spirit, anger, malice, strife, bitterness, fear, envy, list, pornography, lying tongue, deceit, fraud, extortion, covetousness, wordiness, pride, wickedness, ungodly dressing (body exposing wears), dyeing of hair, unnatural elements
...all mentioned in..Romans1:28-32, Galatians 5:19-21, Zephaniah 1:8...

Check for yourself and argue with your Maker if you like.
I pray for a change of heart.
God bless! kiss
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by gobuchinny: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you may have been reading your Bible upside down and sideways backwards. undecided

See, in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ Himself is the law and no where did the Law state that Drunkeness is a sin. undecided
Under the Old Covenant laws, Drunkenness is also not listed as a sin. Of the 613 commandments that make up the Old Covenant, not one of them lists drunkenness as a sin. Gluttony is not even listed as a sin either. undecided

Many of you have instead sought to confuse your traditions and personal bias for God's truth, something God warned you all against doing. undecided

God and God alone is the LAW...Paul and the others like him out there are merely servants of God, like every other follower of God. Servants don't make laws...they instead follow the LAW set in place by the one who is the MASTER. So citing what Paul and other apostles say as counter to God's own declaration is tantamount to slapping God in the face with a lie...a sin. undecided

grin grin. I guess you must be drunk typing this trash.
I wont even bother to enlighten you. You r lost.

So Yeshua is the law but you forgot even d old law wasn't in force without d shedding of blood. Or you think d animal blood was for fancy. Yeshua being d law it was necessary He died to enforce d law. Did you not read that the foundations of Heaven has d 12 apostles names and d gates are d names of d 12 tribes you think God doesn't know what His doing? Thats y all them died horrible deaths because gold is gotten under pressure hence the gospels and doctrine

Be dia in your ac room and claiming to know more than bible.

See i didnt wanna enlighten you for i know your brain cant comprehend spiritual things like this. I won't respond to you again

Continue to get drunk
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
gobuchinny:

grin grin. I guess you must be drunk typing this trash.
I wont even bother to enlighten you. You r lost.

So Yeshua is the law but you forgot even d old law wasn't in force without d shedding of blood. Or you think d animal blood was for fancy. Yeshua being d law it was necessary He died to enforce d law. Did you not read that the foundations of Heaven has d 12 apostles names and d gates are d names of d 12 tribes you think God doesn't know what His doing? Thats y all them died horrible deaths because gold is gotten under pressure hence the gospels and doctrine

Be dia in your ac room and claiming to know more than bible.

See i didnt wanna enlighten you for i know your brain cant comprehend spiritual things like this. I won't respond to you again

Continue to get drunk
You think you enlightened me with this gobbledygook you cobbled up here? undecided

You need to go back and reread this writeup of yours to see why I am not even able to address any of the statements included since they provide no meaning to this conversation in anyway or form . undecided

P.s. Calling me a drunk only serves to validate my suspicion which is that many of you have indeed been trained to believe, by others who lied to you, that God is against drunkenness. You didn't learn the Truth of God Himself.. Instead it was taught to you by theose equally as ignorant as yourselves. And you remember what Jesus Christ said about the Blind leading the Blind? ..yes...they all fall smack into the same DITCH at the end. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Paramountgift:
I've been following your replies from a while now and I don't see you laying reference to any scriptures of the Bible to support your claims.
I'll advise that you desist from using head knowledge to judge spiritual matters.

Rom 8:6-7; For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Do you know the Holy spirit?

John 14:26; But the helper the Holy spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you.

Have you been baptized in water and spirit?

Mark 1:8 ; I indeed baptize you with water but He will baptize you with the Holy spirit

Do you read the same Holy Bible kjv that we know?

2 Tim 2:15; Study to shew thyself approved into God, a watchman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.

Some points you make are pure scientific and theoretical.
Spiritual things are different from carnal things!
Not even the simplest of verses in the Bible should be approached carnally!
For instance, even the seeming phrase..'Jesus wept' in...John 11:35, should be read with a broken heart and leading of the holy spirit so as to unravel the hidden mysteries behind the message.

In the Bible, apart from just riches and prosperity, we have the gospel of Repentance, Holiness and Righteousness. We also have verses that clearly revealed damnable sins awaiting mankind if they don't repent of them.
God's anger against the intake of alcohol you so defend is also revealed in several places of the Bible.

However, if your heart is set on not believing, you will never see the truth even if they are revealed to you point blank.

With that being said, I advise that you open up your heart for new realisations in line with the scriptures, study your Bible with a lowly and contrite heart, because, even the Jesus you claim to know is meek and lowly in heart.

Ezek 36:26; ..I will put a new Spirit within you, I will take away the stone heart from you and give you a heart of flesh..

Ask God to reveal his truths and hidden mysteries to you. This message is not only directed to this person, but all that come across it.

If you have your Bible with you, check the following verses:

Alcohol ××× - proverbs 23:20..woe to them
Isaiah 5:11..- Old testament
Eph 5:18..- New testament
Gal 5:21- New testament
1 Cor 6:20..- New testament
These and so many other scriptures condemn the intake of alcohol. The punishment for those that indulge in such are not pleasant at all.

Here are some other notables:

Adultery, fornication, wordiness, unforgiving spirit, anger, malice, strife, bitterness, fear, envy, list, pornography, lying tongue, deceit, fraud, extortion, covetousness, wordiness, pride, wickedness, ungodly dressing (body exposing wears), dyeing of hair, unnatural elements
...all mentioned in..Romans1:28-32, Galatians 5:19-21, Zephaniah 1:8...

Check for yourself and argue with your Maker if you like.
I pray for a change of heart.
God bless! kiss
So instead of investigating what I have thoroughly made clear to anyone really interested in knowing the truth of God, you instead choose to ignorantly continue rambling, pretending that by doing so, you validate what is clearly only of God? undecided

You want me to provide scriptural reference for what I have said several times now DOES NOT EXIST IN THE LAW OF GOD, and so is not of God? undecided

What you could do instead is find for us where it is written in either the Old Covenant(Book of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) or the New Covenant( the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) where it is written that drunkenness is a sin. Those books are the books that contain the Laws that Define Sin as given by God Himself in the Old and in the New Covenant. Let us know when. You find it listed. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
David50:
Flee all appearance of evil.

Even the government recognizes alcohol as an appearance of evil (that is why there is always that asterisk in its advertisement).. what more the bible.

Let's tell ourselves the truth
Only minutes ago, the government also recognised marijuana as evil but now it no longer does. Make up mind! Do you serve government or God? undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by DiegoMaria(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
��������
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by mediaX(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
mediaX:
At the last supper, wine was used, the apostles drank. At the wedding feast at Canaan wine also was used, the guests drank. As a matter of fact, born from proven historical Jewish study, wine formed an integral part of merriment in ancient Jewish culture, a culture the messiah was king of. And those who argue that wine doesn't in all cases mean 'alcoholic wine' are ignorant. Cause wine in itself, and the reason it is called wine in the first instance is because of fermentation. If fermentation didn't take place it is not wine. And it is fallacy 'petitio principii' to say wine is destructive simply because it is alcoholic. Jesus and his Jewish heritage drank wine for cultural reasons, as it formed a huge part of their culture at the time.

Let me digress a bit, so many things can impair judgment, not only alcohol. Prolonged hunger and self denial of food by itself could impair consciouness and any sane human's judgement yet fasting is never termed sin in christian scripture. Gluttony also is sin when you look at it, as detailed by christian scripture, but not the food in itself, rather the inordinate attachment to food and the greed that fuels such attachment.
Man can get attached to anything, when the usage is abused. And any inordinate attachment is a violation of the freedom of the will, that is what makes it sin. You no longer hold direct control over your decisions. The same way most people are addicted to hustling for money that they neglect time for their children and family: that is sin.

Again, have you wondered why there are different doses for children, adults and pregnant women on medical prescriptions? That goes to tell you that equal measurements do not impact equally in people's bodies. There are no one-size-fit-all definition of tolerance, as tolerance levels differ from individual to individual. 5 pints might make Enoch drunk, but it would require 8 to make Chris and David drunk. So technically Enoch gets the refreshment and no loss of consciouness so long he doesn't go beyond his body limit. And if Enoch does that twice in a month that's beautiful. Self mastery is a skill to be learned, and can be learned, but the underlying virtue is self discipline.

The medication you get at hospitals, contain signicant bits of alcohol, and in some painkillers and relaxants you'll find 'clinical marijuana'. Tramadol is a pain killer, many pastors take them after their vigorous all night deliverance service, but in prescribed medical dosage I suppose. Codeine which is a potent syrup for cough can utterly cause one to discombobulate when overdosed on it. So you can see two sides of a coin.

The biblical scripture says ' if your hand (wine) shall cause you to sin, cut it off'. Now "if" is a conditional statement, meaning it may cause some to sin (drunkenness) and may not cause some to sin. I am not you, you are not me. The fact that apostle Paul cut off the soldiers ear doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that peter denied Jesus 3 times doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that David slept with another man's wife doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact say smell of drink dey high you, nor mean say e dey high me, as a matter of fact I reflect better and have more constructive thoughts after a bottle or two. I am not you, you are not me. Your weaknesses are not my weaknesses. As a matter of reality, your weaknesses may be my strength.

For those living in Lagos, you insult people almost everyday in buses, traffic, when driving and when outsmarted. So technically, the intense Lagos life causes you to sin, so kindly leave Lagos please!

For those living in Nigeria, the fraud government causes you to call your leaders bastards. This is sin, and a continual sin because Nigeria's situation would continue to make you call them bastards, so kindly leave Nigeria please!

This thread is funny, just like saying don't burn bushes because fire kills people. Well I have been burning bushes for more than 40 years. No one has died. So would you say I committed murder?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
I wonder what you will write if I showed you scriptures that condemned drunkenness. I don't even know where you're getting your ideas from. If you're a drunk, remember that I didn't condemn you, so don't get pissed off. I only said I won't fault anyone who chooses abstinence. For your information, drunkenness is a sin, according to that book that I actually read for myself.
Kobojunkie:
Stop letting then lie to you. God never said drunkeness is a sin - men like you made that up to deceive and control you. undecided
Wake up and learn to read that book for your own self so you can decipherr their lies by your own self. God did not give you a brain for a pin cushion. He designed yours exactly the way He designed the brains of those you have allowed to deceive you with their lies. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Apostle Paul cut off a soldier's ear?[quote author=mediaX post=98336674][/quote]
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Jan 23, 2021
ibinaboonline:
I wonder what you will write if I showed you scriptures that condemned drunkenness. I don't even know where you're getting your ideas from. If you're a drunk, remember that I didn't condemn you, so don't get pissed off. I only said I won't fault anyone who chooses abstinence. For your information, drunkenness is a sin, according to that book that I actually read for myself.
The sad is that people like you are too close-minded to even realize what is being said to you.

You think I am a drunk because I tell you here that the Truth of God is that drunkeness is NOT a sin, meaning it is not that you even care about the TRUTH of God in these matters but that the side you are on wins this.. Am I right? undecided

Jesus Christ spoke of persons who are too blind to see what is right in front of your eyes especially what God Himself, through Jesus Christ went to great lengths to explain to you about the God you claim to worship. undecided

Do as Jesus Christ commanded, open your eyes and mind so that He can rid you of the lies you carry around in His name, and replace them with His Truth. undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by mediaX(m): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Apostle Paul cut off a soldier's ear?

He did. What's your point...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Biodun Fatoyinbo: A Pastor With So Much Swags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.