Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career (59244 Views)

Osimhen Sent Off As Napoli Lose To Roma / Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:58am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

At least make dem lose with dignity, not to be reaching new milestones on top defeats.

Messi was not fully fit for this match as he just came back from an injury. He still tried nonetheless. It was his rebounded shot after a good one-two with Alba that Greizmann scored for the first goal.
Barca would have performed better without Messi, giving him full 90mins+ was a bad idea considering the fact he just recovered....Koeman has too many flaws!!

Chai, I remembered flagging off "ValverdeOut" on twitter, Instagram and NL, atleast the man is winning us La Liga and Copa del Rey ooO grin Now we have entered the real One chance.....

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by walkingshadow911: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2021
messi was sent off in his first match for Barcelona 2005. this is not the first time

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 18, 2021
Short people have anger issues.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by zuby94: 1:23am On Jan 18, 2021
Hmm
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by gstelly: 1:30am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:
Lionel Messi woke up feeling dangerous against Athletic Bilbao

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Better than Ronaldo’s son??
Foooool, he was hardly fit for the match meanwhile fully fit Ronaldo was no where to be seen vs inter... Go get sense abeg idiot

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by mountmoriah(m): 1:34am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Messi should retire mehn.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ofiko123(m): 1:53am On Jan 18, 2021
Congratulations to Athletic bilboa on their victory..
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Cousin9999: 2:07am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Zino1011(m): 2:22am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

barca had good run of form, won this same bibao 3-2 just 10 days ago and i was jus expecting d idiots to defend for jus few mins make I collect small 19k tomorrow bt dm choose to fall my hand..
, wetin pain me pass na dt inter to win and Liverpool to draw wey don already deliver.....barca are useless abegi, this is not d barca i knew
you for cash out Na
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by mrkings84(m): 2:33am On Jan 18, 2021
THE END HAS COME!!
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by mrkings84(m): 2:37am On Jan 18, 2021
gstelly:

Foooool, he was hardly fit for the match meanwhile fully fit Ronaldo was no where to be seen vs inter... Go get sense abeg idiot

Make una no fight. This has been the norm. Why day Ronaldo plays first and does well, Messi must try to do well too.
And when Ronaldo plays and does badly, Messi will do worse.....

No need to say, We all know who is the real GOAT between the two.....

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by IYANGBALI: 3:04am On Jan 18, 2021
Bad omen for his career
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 18, 2021
Messi has really put his best in his career. His best is awesome... I love his sytle of football cool
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by DrayZee: 3:55am On Jan 18, 2021
Everybody lapse today.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Teaser4(m): 4:51am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

lemaoo. Ronaldo played 90 mins yesterday... Inter flogged em 2 unreplied goals.... Maybe na his son played...

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by badfuckerz(m): 4:55am On Jan 18, 2021
theoneJabulani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNbU8yQJX0

Barcelona suffered a shock 3-2 Supercopa de Espana final defeat to Athletic Bilbao in a match that saw Lionel Messi sent off late on.
Lionel Messi was sent off for the first time in his Barcelona career after Inaki Williams scored a sublime goal that gave Athletic Bilbao a shock 3-2 win in the Supercopa de Espana final.
The Catalan giants were on the brink of a record-extending 13th triumph in the competition after Antoine Griezmann scored twice, either side of Oscar De Marcos' equaliser, to put Barcelona 2-1 up late on in normal time.
But Athletic, who knocked out holders Real Madrid in the semi-finals, equalised through substitute Asier Villalibre in the 90th minute and Williams scored early on in the additional period to turn the tie on its head.
Messi was then sent off in the dying moments of extra time when VAR spotted an off-the-ball incident involving Villalibre, as the Argentinian violently knocked the Athletic player to the ground.
This is not the first time messi will sent off sir
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:34am On Jan 18, 2021
You loose some and win some.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Humanoid01(m): 5:38am On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Greatest ever grin grin grin grin....someone that hasnt seen a CL final in over half a decade , he has never won an international cup... he has never scored a former world cup winning nation in a world Cup.... unfortunately...eibar don't play world cups grin grin grin
So only Messi will attack, play in midfield, defend and even keep for the team? This guy/girl, how do you think sef?
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Humanoid01(m): 5:44am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

What exactly are you yapping about? Don't you have a totally anonymous and ineffectual Ronaldo today to worry about? but no, you still dey chook mouth into Messi matter cho cho cho when you get CR7 bamboo for your eye. Oh I forgot, na all eyes on Messi on top say na im be the GOAT.

Begone madame. I dont have your time tonight.
That user's obsession with Messi is very toxic.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Noah2gud(m): 5:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Click knock down baba don try

Meanwhile,
Earn over $1500 for doing simple task.
Watching videos
Roll number
Creating new video
Signing contract
And by referring new members

It 100% legit.
You can Google *Gram free* and see life testimony

Do check my signature below to start earning
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Gaggii: 6:04am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

DTS normal, not just d coach is at fault but all players from defense to attack...dey all flopped BT na coach go still chop sack

Y be say na messi una dey praise if you win and not the same coach you blame for loss

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 6:13am On Jan 18, 2021
[sup][/sup]
Slynation:

Messi performed below average in this game, this was one of his worst game so far, and please oO, if you are expecting this Barcelona team to defeat PSG, I will advise you to wake up from your slumber, Our defence can't hold common Inaki Williams, Now!! close your eyes and imagine Neymer, Mbappe, Di Maria and M.Icardi against this shitty defence....
Messi who was injured should have just refused to play that game yesterday. He wasn't in his best form and as usual the barca defense is full of shit. As weak as anything. Cutting through barca defense is as easy as using a hot knife to cut through butter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Olakunleyakub(m): 6:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Koeman needs to go now
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 6:16am On Jan 18, 2021
Teaser4:
lemaoo. Ronaldo played 90 mins yesterday... Inter flogged em 2 unreplied goals.... Maybe na his son played...
ronaldo tried to do some play making yesterday and it was a disaster.

The truth is Messi and ronaldo are playing with mediocres and they just have to manage their frustrations.. the days of playing around and with innovative players might just be over for them..

Just take a look at the inexperienced chaps Messi is playing with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akpantheology: 6:23am On Jan 18, 2021
Lionel Messi woke up feeling dangerous against Athletic Bilbao -0 goals -0 assists -17 times dispossessed -0 shots on target -1/5 dribbles completed -1 Red card Better than Ronaldo’s son??
sometimes u reason like a baby
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Goalnaldo(m): 6:33am On Jan 18, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, Lionel Messi has been in Barcelona for over 16 years and he just got his first matching order last night. He's not only a great footballer but a highly disciplined one. I hail him.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Galaticos444: 7:02am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
this barca self eeh, all they needed was to defend for just few mins against dt 90mins goal but they choosed to bottle it as usual..
the barca i watched can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness, no matter how pained am just happy that the next barca election is near, maybe a new president coming in would dump this boring koeman after this painful defeat and get a new coach and plan some key signings because this isnt the barca i knew as a fan..
the idiots jus spoil my weekend, some days are like dt sha...champions would always bounce back stronger
am pretty sure u ar pained not cos u lost but cos ur ticket cut grin#saynotogambling
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by shugabasbn: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Sign of depression.
The guy is really depressed in current Barca team. He sud have left but was afraid

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by gaftsoil(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2021
blinking001:
Messi is a fraud
What are you?
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by gaftsoil(m): 7:15am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Ronaldo played a league game yesterday
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Numerouno94(m): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Ur Penaldo was also whipped by Inter. No hard feelings. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Super Eagles Travel To Benin By Boat For AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video) / Lady Slams Mbappe For Not Replying Her DM, Says “I Am Not Your Mate” / Senegal Vs Egypt : AFCON 2021 Finals: 4 - 2 pens On 6th February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.