Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career (59234 Views)

Osimhen Sent Off As Napoli Lose To Roma / Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:
Lol...yes ogrin although PSG as well lacks creative midfields and defence, only dangerous attacks....we can beat then only if our defence can neutralize their attacking force....Mbappe's speed tho grin
we can't beat psg oo..maybe if we've got coutinho, ansu fati and some other players to play with messi.

If not nothing for us oo
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
we can't beat psg oo..maybe if we've got coutinho, ansu fati and some other players to play with messi.

If not nothing for us oo
let's just hope a little....PSG ain't performing better as well grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by OJEEMAH(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

2 with man u( back to back) and 4 with madrid ( back to back to back) messi has never even played a back to bk CL final in his career...ronaldo has don it with 2 different teams
He has never played back to back finals but he has won 4 consecutive balon dor and 4 consecutive UCL top scorer.

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:
let's just hope a little....PSG ain't performing better as well grin
hopefully o..but even if we escape psg who we fit beat?. You can imagine that yeye Juventus winning us 3-0...

JUVENTUS wey inter Milan wan kill yesterday. Imagine a tie between barca and Liverpool again..what can save us?
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by charlesm91(m): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.
annual subscription why them don deduct already. grin take heart bro
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
ok youre correct. But he didn't score in the second finals with Man u against barca.

In summary ronaldo has just one CL cup ahead of messi..wether it is back to back or front to front.

Why didn't ronaldo score against in the finals against barca in 2009?? Answer.

Y dint messi score in the final against juve in 2015??

Ronaldo has scored in 3 finals
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
hopefully o..but even if we escape psg who we fit beat?. You can imagine that yeye Juventus winning us 3-0...

JUVENTUS wey inter Milan wan kill yesterday. Imagine a tie between barca and Liverpool again..what can save us?
one obstacle at a time, make we cross PSG first grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:
who do you this thing grin hope you're getting paid for hating on world best player grin so since Olympics was postponed last year, all the formal record holders and winners has been void abi....A useless and myopic CR7 fan for a reason grin

Oh my goodness .is this the way u reason?? Is an award an election... so in ur head 2020 balon dor winner is messi?? When it reality its written as empty as it wasn't awarded last year...the best player presently is Lewandowski...stop being deluded
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Y dint messi score in the final against juve in 2015??

Ronaldo has scored in 3 finals
Messi gave super assists and outscored his team mates if I remember in the 2015 champions league season..ronaldo lost woefully against barca in 2009. Why? Messi has never lost a CL final..
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
Messi gave super assists and outscored his team mates if I remember in the 2015 champions league season..ronaldo lost woefully against barca in 2009. Why? Messi has never lost a CL final..

The more u play games the more tge chances of winning or loosing...ronaldo has doubled messis number of CL finals ...of cos its a fantastic record to win 5 out of 6... now u guys have come with super assists grin grin... and in 2015 Messi dint outscore his teammates cos neymar was joint goal scorer with him alongside ronaldo the King
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

The more u play games the more tge chances of winning or loosing...ronaldo has doubled messis number of CL finals ...of cos its a fantastic record to win 5 out of 6... now u guys have come with super assists grin grin... and in 2015 Messi dint outscore his teammates cos neymar was joint goal scorer with him alongside ronaldo the King
ronaldo has played more games than messi and he has just 1 CL trophy ahead of messi.

So whats the big deal..??

And yes the CL finals ronaldo lost out he did nada..

The CL final bale rescued madrid he did nada..so tell me why shouldn't messi's assists be remarkable to mention ??
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by seangy4konji: 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
So all my friends ticket cut with this barca game?

That's why I have not heard from them all day.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
ronaldo has played more games than messi and he has just 1 CL trophy ahead of messi.

So whats the big deal..??

And yes the CL finals ronaldo lost out he did nada..

The CL final bale rescued madrid he did nada..so tell me why shouldn't messi's assists be remarkable to mention ??

At messis age, Ronaldo had played in more CL finals and won more CL trophies... messi in truth only has 3 CL titles ...he dint contribute to barcas victory, neither did he appear in the latter stages...injuries aint an excuse... not like he was leading scorer or best performer for barca when he got injured... he was mostly used as a sub in the group stage and was even benched ...his first real start in the CL was that game against chelsea
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by bayelsaowei(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

At messis age, Ronaldo had played in more CL finals and won more CL trophies... messi in truth only has 3 CL titles ...he dint contribute to barcas victory, neither did he appear in the latter stages...injuries aint an excuse... not like he was leading scorer or best performer for barca when he got injured... he was mostly used as a sub in the group stage and was even benched ...his first real start in the CL was that game against chelsea
ronaldo has just 1 Cup ahead of messi.. thats a close gap and for more games played.

You mean messi didn't contribute to barca victory ? Are you smoking something. ?? Why am I arguing with you? Mtsheew

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Eohara(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
That means undo thing can be a do one day
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by pquaver(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Yes...it definitely matters....its in every players cv...now it doesn't matter cos its messi..u guys are clowns

OK please will you now apply that law to the world cup finals.. Hypocrites.. Because its Messi u discredit his efforts to get to World Cup finals and end up telling me for other players its important. The joke is on you Messi haters
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by pquaver(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

We agree that Messi has 3 champions league since injury is no excuse so for all of us Ronaldo has no euro because injury is no excuse and he did not contribute in the latter game.. Do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
pquaver:

We agree that Messi has 3 champions league since injury is no excuse so for all of us Ronaldo has no euro because injury is no excuse and he did not contribute in the latter game.. Do you get it now?

U cant say that cos Ronaldo was instrumental in their games...he was their captain , just like salah in the final when he got injured...how can u compare that to messis situation... its a totally different case...salah and Ronaldo took their teams to the final of the tournament and were the best players for their respective teams... its like fatigue thats injured.....imagine if he is out for the rest of the season and barca end up winning the league or CL , people like u many years later will start to say stuff like he was instrumental to barca winning ....just because u wanna force it on us...
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by pquaver(m): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U cant say that cos Ronaldo was instrumental in their games...he was their captain , just like salah in the final when he got injured...how can u compare that to messis situation... its a totally different case...salah and Ronaldo took their teams to the final of the tournament and were the best players for their respective teams... its like fatigue thats injured.....imagine if he is out for the rest of the season and barca end up winning the league or CL , people like u many years later will start to say stuff like he was instrumental to barca winning ....just because u wanna force it on us...

I didn't know an 18year old scoring 15 goals that whole season was not instrumental. Playing 6 games in total scoring 1 and 2 assist before the group stage was not important. Well by your logic Ronaldo was not Portugal best player because in the lead up to the final Nani and quaresma decided those games not Ronaldo and Ronaldo did not outscore Nani so therefore Ronaldo was not instrumental to Euro win and we all know it. Infact Eder was the deciding factor because Ronaldo has been to many euros before that with nothing to show for so deceive yourself. It took Eder to bring a trophy home. So you are trying to force Ronaldo into a star he is not.. Infact Ronaldo has not won any important trophy at any club he was until the arrival of certain star players. He was in man utd since 2003, they could not win champions league until Tevez came.. To still prove it Tevez won the same Olympics games for Argentina while Ronaldo and Portugal crash out in 2004. Ronaldo went to Madrid in 2009 infact Madrid did not smell final until Gareth bale came to do it. Now even Juventus who used to be in finals and win seria a are no longer doing that since he came... But people like you are trying to force it down our throat how he is such a great match winner. Dude na scam. Deal with it

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by OJEEMAH(m): 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
pquaver:

I didn't know an 18year old scoring 15 goals that whole season was not instrumental. Playing 6 games in total scoring 1 and 2 assist before the group stage was not important. Well by your logic Ronaldo was not Portugal best player because in the lead up to the final Nani and quaresma decided those games not Ronaldo and Ronaldo did not outscore Nani so therefore Ronaldo was not instrumental to Euro win and we all know it. Infact Eder was the deciding factor because Ronaldo has been to many euros before that with nothing to show for so deceive yourself. It took Eder to bring a trophy home. So you are trying to force Ronaldo into a star he is not.. Infact Ronaldo has not won any important trophy at any club he was until the arrival of certain star players. He was in man utd since 2003, they could not win champions league until Tevez came.. To still prove it Tevez won the same Olympics games for Argentina while Ronaldo and Portugal crash out in 2004. Ronaldo went to Madrid in 2009 infact Madrid did not smell final until Gareth bale came to do it. Now even Juventus who used to be in finals and win seria a are no longer doing that since he came... But people like you are trying to force it down our throat how he is such a great match winner. Dude na scam. Deal with it
dude, you get time ooh

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by pquaver(m): 7:47am On Jan 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
dude, you get time ooh

I Wan let am See him own reasoning and logic by applying to the player e like..
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by OJEEMAH(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2021
pquaver:

I Wan let am See him own reasoning and logic by applying to the player e like..
I read your response and I get your point.....first, he said Messi didn't play any quarter, semi or even the final game after I counter am with proof of the Chelsea game when Del horno injure Messi, he jump to how many finals Messi don play. You can't ever win against him. I don dey watch club football for 17years now so I no dey argue based wetin I hear or feel.... If I no know or too sure, I google to confirm. i fit bet my balls say him never dey watch ball 2006 when Barcelona win UCL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Buys Mercedes Benz V Class 2019 Zero KM Worth N31m / Carl Ikeme's Cancer In Remission (Photo) / Nigeria Super Eagles Travel To Benin By Boat For AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.