Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (33149 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by kingxsamz(m): 7:58am On Jan 18, 2021
Kuns84:

You think Nigerian youths are any better because they practice their own dysfunction (lesbianism and homosexuality) secretly in boarding schools.

If anything, homebased young people are worse than their diaspora counterparts.
At 14 the average nigerian girl has already been fuccked mercilessly, the average boy engages in violence, scheming and scamming. wickedness & corruption is inbred in their hardened hearts. Flogging only teaches kids how to better hide their bad behaviour so as to not get "punished" again - this is why we are such fantastic hypocrites and pretenders.

Be deceiving yourself.

Lol... I was wondering how he typed that with a straight face without remembering that his country's case is much worse. grin
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Komu1048(m): 7:58am On Jan 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:
One of the dangers of raising kids abroad and the yeye man is blaming his cultural upbringing here in Nigeria

Imagine blaming the best way of training a child that is fully backed by the Bible. Even the white says ”Spear the rod and spoil the child”

I'm not talking about those that will use blade, pepper and hot water to abuse. But giving punishment and cane is the best way not talking upandan and explaining. Those that didn't discipline their child, are giving the society a hell of problem
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by cocolacec(m): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:

Can that equate to his actual pay, half baked knowledge
Half bread is better than none.You are the one with half baked knowledge.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by skukimania(f): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2021
Untainted007:
What kind of silly child protection right is that? Are they not empowering their kids not to adhere to parents' strict instructions. Abeg Africans get culture. If cane kills ehn, me I for don die cos wetin flogging did to me back then was to reset my naughty ways of life.

For those quoting me, I never said children shud be kicked, but even Bible is in support of cane to be used on children but with love. Imagine an American kid telling her mum that "mum dont be silly" and they will laugh over it there. Come and say that to an African mother. It's then u will knw that slap pass slap.

That is still better now. You haven't heard, "you are crazy dad!" and the dad will be smiling.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by purpleicious(f): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2021
Hmmm.its like America and UK b like 5/6.Not a conducive environment to train a child.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nazacent: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?
It doesn't work that way bro. Education for his level is taken care off by the uk government.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 18, 2021
samsard:
You can discipline your kids, just not like an animal.

Well, flogging ur child doesn't make u an animal. As long as you aren't being abusive, it's part of ur role as a parent to discipline a child.

The bible says "spare the rod and spoil the child". Unless we all know more than God's word.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by cocolacec(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2021
Baba40:

What does Christianity do to you? Better or worsen ? It betters Nigeria especially the southwest.

Islam is the reason the North is still under-developed
As if Dubai,Saudi Arabia,Malaysia not muslim countries?I think the reason for underdevelopment in Nigeria is because we practise slavery version of religion both Islam and christianity called religious cultism.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by frog12: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2021
i was laughing when i read this

nairavsdollars:
One of the dangers of raising kids abroad and the yeye man is blaming his cultural upbringing here in Nigeria
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Fvckyouall: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2021
Really no one here is seeing that what this guy did is inhumane, Africans are really dull
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

The son was temporarily put in foster care. It is not Nigeria where that is always the argument in defense of an abusive parent/spouse even in the face of what the Nigerian law considers as an abuse.
the kick is the only thing that looks abusive there, the rest accusations are nothing but mare exaggeration to make the accusations weighty, just imagine if such child is not corrected the hard way probably he would end up a rapist or worse and the people would tongue lash the man, they would be the first to troll the boy who would have ended up a criminal.

Send him back to Nigeria to complete his highschool under the supervision of one of his aunties or uncles that loves you and won't take nonsense from him.

Everyone has their own ways of raising the a child.... Some flog while some don't.... Different approach for different folks.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by frog12: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2021
but they have acquitted him. they say he is free. this people anyway should work in Nigeria. we need these doctos that run away to UK

FalseProphet1:
I see white racial competitors behind this man's suspension, I see them conspiring to pull him down because he's a Nigerian and ahead of them, I see them fighting this case with every penny they have. I see the man not coming back to practice anytime soon. This I have seen.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2021
webincomeplus:

So, your parents never flogged you or gave you punishments in the past? Does that make them maniacs, too?
which training did doctor give the boy that made starting behaving like that that before the canning?

Why did the doctor flog the boy? because he behave like a maniac in school.

If the doctor trained the child well, he will not behave like that in school!

It is parents like this doctor that their children will be molesting and bullying other kids in boarding school.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by cocolacec(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2021
purpleicious:
Hmmm.its like America and UK b like 5/6.Not a conducive environment to train a child.
Not a conducive environment for maniacs or narcissists to train their children.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Chromedome(m): 8:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Bullshit! The only reason he was reinstated is because of the dire need of medical practitioners to combat Covid-19 that has overwhelmed the UK.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 8:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Fvckyouall:
Really no one here is seeing that what this guy did is inhumane, Africans are really dull
Pele o, Gini the genius.... He disciplined his child and you are calling everyone dull... If that child turned a gangstarr, murder, bungler, rapist tomorrow you would be among those hoping he rots in jail... That is the real definition of dull, not doing what you are suppose to do at the right time is something way worse than dull.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
the kick is the only thing that looks abusive there, the rest accusations are nothing but mare exaggeration to make the accusations weighty, just imagine if such child is not corrected the hard way probably he would end up a rapist or worse and the people would tongue lash the man, they would be the first to troll the boy who would have ended up a criminal.

Send him back to Nigeria to complete his highschool under the supervision of one of his aunties or uncles that loves you and won't take nonsense from him.

Everyone has their own ways of raising the a child.... Some flog while some don't.... Different approach for different folks.

While raising your child outside Africa, one has be conscious of laws of the host country on punishing children.

Sending the child to Nigeria for his secondary school education will not be a bad idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by habsydiamond(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2021
At this junction we need to forget about culture... There is a saying that, when u are in Rome, you behalf like a Roman. Since he isn't in Nigeria as a doctor, he must learn to uphold the culture of the country he is working for.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by toprealman: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:
You only attract what you respect.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by od501: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Doctor which training did u give your son that made him behave like a maniac before the flogging?

If u give your son proper home training, he will not go about behaving like a demon.

Modified:

See them rushing to quote me without understanding, I am not against the correction (flogging).

My grouse is with the behavior of the boy before the flogging. The doctor was not doing his duty as a father by giving the boy proper home training hence the misbehavior.

It is these kind of children that will be molesting and bullying other kids in boarding school here in Nigeria.

I don't understand, how did he behave like a maniac?
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Fvckyouall: 8:20am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
Pele o, Gini the genius.... He disciplined his child and you are calling everyone dull... If that child turned a gangstarr, murder, bungler, rapist tomorrow you would be among those hoping he rots in jail... That is the real definition of dull, not doing what you are suppose to do at the right time is something way worse than dull.

Shut up, there are ways to discipline a child without treating them like animals. you are not ok the thiefs and cultists we have in Nigeria did their parents not beat them up? talking to a child would do better than ever hitting a child, my parents never hit me yet, they only talked to me if I did wrong and I never did wrong cause I never wanted to disappoint them. You and your useless African mentality of child abuse deserve to be thrown in the sewers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2021
He should not have been reinstated. What he did was child abuse. This cultural thing is bringing racism back. If our culture was so good, why are we where we are today? Am not saying our culture is bad. am just saying that when asked about our culture, let us make efforts to explain very well. Wrong is wrong. Let us be careful how we apply this rubbish cultural stuff. Else the outcome will be catastrophic worldwide. I used to work at a place before, and the white guy will always say "how are you" and i would say how are you back. Then he kept trying to establish superiority. And asked me back how i was. I said good, how are you.
In his head, his higher than me because of skin colour. Sure. I almost slapped the idiot.. I tried to figure out why. I figured that an african told him that the answer to how are you was "fine" in african culture. First, thats wrong. It is not true.infact, it is classic racism. I do not know where that nonsense came from. Of course i quit the job. Nobody here should accept nonsense, Claiming its culture. No culture accepts that somebody is higher or better than another because of their skin colour or culture. It was Hitler who started that nonsense. Am saying it here so that people know and know what to do when this kind of thing happens to them. All human beings are created equal... if anybody asks "how are you?, say good, how are you too.. Else, that person will have this superiority mentality. Without understanding what you really meant.. nobody is better than anybody.. all humans are created equal..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?
You prefer nigerian laws right? The UK is a civil society ours is a jungle.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2021
od501:

I don't understand, how did he behave like a maniac?

is that u guys did not read the article?

"The boy got into trouble in school for not submitting homework, lying to other pupils, using the word ‘rape’ and for stamping in any injured girl during PE lesson."
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Jdbrasco2: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2021
See humiliation abeg! Well the man was wrong for kicking the child while he was standing on one leg cos that's pretty dangerous.
I don't believe he was treated that way by his own Dad. Nigerian Dad will flog or slap u but kicking u while u were standing on one leg, that's a lie.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by edoairways: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Untainted007:
What kind of silly child protection right is that? Are they not empowering their kids not to adhere to parents' strict instructions. Abeg Africans get culture. If cane kills ehn, me I for don die cos wetin flogging did to me back then was to reset my naughty ways of life.

For those quoting me, I never said children shud be kicked, but even Bible is in support of cane to be used on children but with love. Imagine an American kid telling her mum that "mum dont be silly" and they will laugh over it there. Come and say that to an African mother. It's then u will knw that slap pass slap.
The Bible does not support cane
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by phyl123: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:

Yes he is right like I’ve said on a different thread most Nigerian parents physically abuse their kids and call it discipline. The kids end up damaged. Most adults in Nigeria can’t own up to the truth because of the trauma they received from their parents as kids. Lying is second nature to them. Most Nigerians are damaged and the sad truth is that they don’t know it and think that they are ok. Look are the state of the country that will tell you what Nigerian parents have bred, Timid kids who are scared to tell the truth and afraid to talk to their parents. Violence is the norm in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by payloader(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2021
There are better ways to bring up your children than beating them every time they err. I personally don't like corporal punishment for kids, especially the type our moms, and sometimes our dads, meted out to us when we were kids. There are cases where kids have lost their lives, or seriously maimed for the rest of their lives, by punishments meted out by crazy parents. And these parents hardly bond with their kids. The only discussion you see them engaging their kids with is "go and buy this, or that, for me," or "come and eat", or "why did you do this, or that?" which invariably invites a trashing session. A kid usually grows into a good adult based on the ethics drilled into his psyche from childhood, by especially, the father. Many parents have failed in this regard. They hardly sit and discuss life matters with their children, most especially, the corporate ones, who are hardly at home, and hand over the care of their kids to house helps and school minders. I strongly recomend the scrapping of corporal punishments as means of correction in our country. There are much better methods of punishing a child for wrongdoings, and have you bothered having a talk with him/her, over their short-comings? When the Bible says, "Spare the rod, and spoil the child", it doesn't necessarily mean the cane. The rod, in scriptures, is always alluded to words. Most parents simply don't talk to their kids, except on basic issues.

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2021
Unto wetin nah? The father was updating have brought the child to Naija and let him be in public school where he will trek to school and back, let better sun beat his head allow hunger to wire him small to reset his brain. Normal treatment that most Naija kids get from their parents is what the father gave him in the UK. Bring the boys home and Cain him seriously.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
So you believe that all our corrupt leaders in nigeria were not disciplined by their parents?
Or all the gangster, murderers and rapist we have were never flogged by their daddy's? Is that your point?
Now let's see the difference
The UK is one of the least corrupt nations on earth, it has great educational system, it's crime level is way below ours and it continues to product global innovators and leaders. We have flogged or kids for 100 of years how did it help us get better?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
Maybe if we change the way we train our kids, we could affect the next generation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by phyl123: 8:34am On Jan 18, 2021
payloader:
There are better ways to bring up your children than beating them every time they err. I personally don't like corporal punishment for kids, especially the type our moms, and sometimes our dads, meted out to us when we were kids. There are cases where kids have lost their lives, or seriously maimed for the rest of their lives, by punishments meted out by crazy parents. And these parents hardly bond with their kids. The only discussion you see them engaging their kids with is "go and buy this, or that, for me," or "come and eat", or "why did you do this, or that?" which invariably invites a trashing session. A kid usually grows into a good adult based on the ethics drilled into his psyche from childhood, by especially, the father. Many parents have failed in this regard. They hardly sit and discuss life matters with their children, most especially, the corporate ones, who are hardly at home, and hand over the care of their kids to house helps and school minders. I strongly recomend the scrapping of corporal punishments as means of correction in our country. There are much better methods of punishing a child for wrongdoings, and have you bothered having a talk with him/her, over their short-comings? When the Bible says, "Spare the rod, and spoil the child", it doesn't necessarily mean the cane. The rod, in scriptures, is always alluded to words. Most parents simply don't talk to their kids, except on basic issues.

You have said it all. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Raychee(f): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2021
Some kids just have to be talked to while some wouldn't budge unless you discipline them with cane or any other means. Just don't go overboard else it becomes abuse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.