Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (33109 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Gmajor(m): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?

Actions have consequences.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by cocolacec(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

is that u guys did not read the article?

"The boy got into trouble in school for not submitting homework, lying to other pupils, using the word ‘rape’ and for stamping in any injured girl during PE lesson."

The boy is acting out the way the father beats the mother at home in school or peer pressure.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by YouAreFinished: 8:39am On Jan 18, 2021
Baba40:

What does Christianity do to you? Better or worsen ? It betters Nigeria especially the southwest.

Islam is the reason the North is still under-developed
See a human being's grammar sad
Of course,you couldn't comprehend his post.
Anyways,there are Muslim countries far better than your South West,and Christian ones that are just as backwards as the North. I can equally say xtianity caused their backwardness.
Also,that you're better than someone else doesn't mean you're great,more like you're less terrible.
You'll have been better without religion.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Flamemignon1(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?
Their country, their laws...... If you don't like it, you move
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by SAMBARRY: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yeah, no wonder most of our youths here have good moral upbringing and don't do drugs or internet fraud. I swear, our system is the best. You're right. cheesy
parenting in nigeria is obviously not perfect.parents are failing in their duties and it's obvious but at least culture and some little level of sanity draws them back to their senses but there, once a child is Wild Na only God and nothing else
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by KillerBeauty(f): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
He could send the boy to Nigeria tho. At least to finish his secondary education. Here he can be disciplined by his guardian and experience a little hardship. That might change his perspective of life a little bit

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by samsard(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
xProfx:

Well, flogging ur child doesn't make u an animal. As long as you aren't being abusive, it's part of ur role as a parent to discipline a child.

The bible says "spare the rod and spoil the child". Unless we all know more than God's word.
The Bible also permits slavery. Would you like to be my slave? Flogging children is part of abuse; maybe you can try to excuse a little bit of it, but who'll define the limits when you start giving your children marks and making it a way of life?
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by aorseer: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Why reinstate him now? what have changed after 6 years suspension? Those are the questions on my mind, oh! I get it now COVID-19 is ravaging the UK now and they need more doctors and all of a sudden remember that they suspended a Nigerian doctor for disciplining his son.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Hayzed0601(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2021
Baba40:

What does Christianity do to you? Better or worsen ? It betters Nigeria especially the southwest.

Islam is the reason the North is still under-developed
How wrong you are,Islam is not the reason why North is still under-developed baba,even if u are still in this shit hole called Nigeria,at least u have access to Internet and I believe u are educted enough to see Islamic countries extremely developed,places like UAE,Yemen,Saudi Arabia etc.Baba,Islam is not the reason why the north is still under-developed,lie another lie
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Dchampion65: 8:53am On Jan 18, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Doctor which training did u give your son that made him behave like a maniac before the flogging?

If u give your son proper home training, he will not go about behaving like a demon.

Modified:

See them rushing to quote me without understanding, I am not against the correction (flogging).

My grouse is with the behavior of the boy before the flogging. The doctor was not doing his duty as a father by giving the boy proper home training hence the misbehavior.

It is these kind of children that will be molesting and bullying other kids in boarding school here in Nigeria.

Your children will not put you to shame.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by shadeyinka(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2021
Kuns84:

He is badly behaved no doubt.
But in every situation one must tackle the root cause.
I see a violent, ill-mannered kid who has learned such behaviour from somewhere - most likely home.
Does his father beat his mother?

If he doesn't, it may be difficult to conclude that he learnt such a behaviour from home.

Some children are naturally just wild!
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:56am On Jan 18, 2021
Dchampion65:

Your children will not put you to shame.
Amen!
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by shadeyinka(m): 8:58am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

I believed the UK system views the child as having Conduct Disorder (CD) and needs the professional help of a Child and Adolescent Psychologist, not beatings from the father.
I agree with you (from the context of UK system).

Wouldn't it be okay too if the father instead of doing the above reported his son to the law enforcement officers and make a case to charging him to court?

At least, he has taken no law into his hands.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2021
samsard:
The Bible also permits slavery. Would you like to be my slave? Flogging children is part of abuse; maybe you can try to excuse a little bit of it, but who'll define the limits when you start giving your children marks and making it a way of life?

You write according to the limits of your physical and spiritual cognitive elasticity. There's no use trying to convince you otherwise. When you grow deeper in physical and spiritual wisdom, you'll know that this modern world and the "wokeness" of our generation is the real evil in disguise.

Ire o!

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by kingxsamz(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2021
SAMBARRY:
parenting in nigeria is obviously not perfect.parents are failing in their duties and it's obvious but at least culture and some little level of sanity draws them back to their senses but there, once a child is Wild Na only God and nothing else

Lol, what are you saying?
You clearly stated that youths in the Uk are wayward and lack morals due to the fact that their parents don't beat them. But you clearly forgot that beating and flogging a child to stupor to correct him/her is a norm in your country Nigeria. And its youths are no where close to being morally upright, compared to youths in the UK.
So why isn't beating and flogging changing anything in your country?

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by samsard(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2021
xProfx:

You write according to the limits of your physical and spiritual cognitive elasticity. There's no use trying to convince you otherwise. When you grow deeper in physical and spiritual wisdom, you'll know that this modern world and the "wokeness" of our generation is the real evil in disguise.

Ire o!
Which evil has not been done in the Bible? The Israelites we're even ordered to slaughter babies and wipe out entire people, does it get any worse than that?
What you call 'woke' is largely more human than a lot of the things in your Bible. We know we don't have to rely on ancient people for morality.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tango123: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

The son was temporarily put in foster care. It is not Nigeria where that is always the argument in defense of an abusive parent/spouse even in the face of what the Nigerian law considers as an abuse.

U need to do a research on the impact of foster care on kids

Foster care is not as good as u think. A lot of evil happens in foster care.

Many foster parents are in it for the money govt pays them to look after the kids. Many dont care shit about morals and behaviour of the child. So far as the foster child dont trash their homes, and dont disturb them, they are happy. What d foster child becomes in the future is non of their business

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2021
samsard:
Which evil has not been done in the Bible? The Israelites we're even ordered to slaughter babies and wipe out entire people, does it get any worse than that?
What you call 'woke' is largely more human than a lot of the things in your Bible. We know we don't have to rely on ancient people for morality.

Ire o...
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Tcwork:

So you believe that all our corrupt leaders in nigeria were not disciplined by their parents?
Or all the gangster, murderers and rapist we have were never flogged by their daddy's? Is that your point?
Now let's see the difference
The UK is one of the least corrupt nations on earth, it has great educational system, it's crime level is way below ours and it continues to product global innovators and leaders. We have flogged or kids for 100 of years how did it help us get better?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
Maybe if we change the way we train our kids, we could affect the next generation.
we have a faulty foundation and not a faulty model of raising children in Nigeria (Africa in general), the foundation on which the country (Nigeria) was built is faulty, the constitution which uphold the country is faulty now imagine pouring pure water in a dirty container what would you get?

There is no reasonable numbers of upright people you could possibly ship from other so called less corrupt nation into this our nation and everything would change and become sane, two things would happen is either they join them or go back.

Those people who are corrupt and tuning this country upside down could have been upright from the start but because they find themselves in a situation whereby they are surrounded by crooks who were not booted into shape when they were young they had to fall in and do all they do just to conform.

Some of those our so called leaders in Nigeria were raised without conscience... Whether you flog or not a child who would steal and loot the treasury one day would surely do it... Parenting style can't change that... It only depends on how strong will such person/child after absorbing any training that is available to him.

Do you think if those leaders you said they are less corrupt in other countries find themselves in Nigeria they won't steal?... Their constitution or law is the thing holding them back but still they steal but they don't do it blindly like it's being done here.

Example Trump... I can bet that he was raised without being flogged and he was raised with abundance of money does that stop him from being a dick head?

Child character modification is different from discipline. Best case scenario you discipline and instill uprightness in them... Two different things but they go hands in hands

Either you use the rod and modify their character at the same time or you don't beat and also modify it when needed.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by olisaEze(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see white racial competitors behind this man's suspension, I see them conspiring to pull him down because he's a Nigerian and ahead of them, I see them fighting this case with every penny they have. I see the man not coming back to practice anytime soon. This I have seen.

Bia dis low budget Odumeje, he’s been reinstated abi u nor read d story before u begin dey prophesy? grin grin grin
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Fvckyouall:

Shut up, there are ways to discipline a child without treating them like animals. you are not ok the thiefs and cultists we have in Nigeria did their parents not beat them up? talking to a child would do better than ever hitting a child, my parents never hit me yet, they only talked to me if I did wrong and I never did wrong cause I never wanted to disappoint them. You and your useless African mentality of child abuse deserve to be thrown in the sewers
I resisted speaking to you in a rude way but you went ahead to try and shut me up.

Is like asking if the gangsters, criminals, rapists, trumps, racists, murderers we have in USA and UK were beaten or not when they started misbehaving? Considering their tough laws.

Different parents have their parenting styles that work for them.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by maybel(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2021
webincomeplus:

So, your parents never flogged you or gave you punishments in the past? Does that make them maniacs, too?
The guy just saw maniac somewhere and quickly used it before it vanished. He has forgotten that training a child requires the efforts of so many stakeholders. Family, friends, etc. May God give us good children.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by maybel(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
I resisted speaking to you in a rude way but you went ahead to try and shut me up.

Is like asking if the gangsters, criminals, rapists, trumps, racists, murderers we have in USA and UK were beaten or not when they start misbehaving? Considering their tough laws.

Different parents have their parenting styles that works for them.
I beg, don't mind the guy. He doesn't know what parenting is all about
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Tango123:

U need to do a research on the impact of foster care on kids

Foster care is not as good as u think. A lot of evil happens in foster care.

Many foster parents are in it for the money govt pays them to look after the kids. Many dont care shit about morals and behaviour of the child. So far as the foster child dont trash their homes, and dont disturb them, they are happy. What d foster child becomes in the future is non of their business

I never posted that foster care is the best option for a child because I recognise the abuse children go through in the system, I merely referred to what was written in the original post.

I know am going to work with kids like the Doctor's son as I am heading there in a couple of months to pursue my specialty in Clinical Child Psychology and in the future may be involved in assessments and providing psychosupport for kids in the foster care system.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by zakkyzakes: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Kuns84:

You think Nigerian youths are any better because they practice their own dysfunction (lesbianism and homosexuality) secretly in boarding schools.

If anything, homebased young people are worse than their diaspora counterparts.
At 14 the average nigerian girl has already been fuccked mercilessly, the average boy engages in violence, scheming and scamming. wickedness & corruption is inbred in their hardened hearts. Flogging only teaches kids how to better hide their bad behaviour so as to not get "punished" again - this is why we are such fantastic hypocrites and pretenders.

Be deceiving yourself.

oo yeah finally got to know the reason why we nigerians are toxic hypocrites esp amongst housewives
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Fvckyouall: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:

Is like asking if the gangsters, criminals, rapists, trumps, racists, murderers we have in USA and UK were beaten or not when they started misbehaving? Considering their tough laws.

Different parents have their parenting styles that work for them.

you keep mistaking loving your kid with child abuse, it's poverty stricken scum like you average Africans who beat their children as a means to vent out their anger against society, that's you guys form of therapy, I can't wait until when we get proper child protection laws so scum like you can be locked up
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

I agree with you (from the context of UK system).

Wouldn't it be okay too if the father instead of doing the above reported his son to the law enforcement officers and make a case to charging him to court?

At least, he has taken no law into his hands.

Charging the kid to court? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2021
DONT TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO ANY WESTERN COUNTRY PEOPLE.

You want to look for better opportunities, leave your families at home. What is the whole point of looking for money to hand over to a spoilt child when you're dead? The only time I can condone taking children abroad to stay, is when they are about to enter the university; by which time, they've already developed their manners and morals.

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2021
Fvckyouall:

you keep mistaking loving your kid with child abuse, it's poverty stricken scum like you average Africans who beat their children as a means to vent out their anger against society, that's you guys form of therapy, I can't wait until when we get proper child protection laws so scum like you can be locked up
you are very very very stupid and a idiot for continuously insulting me, you are a product of poor home training.

Who says you can't discipline a child the African way with love but going to the extent of kicking, mutilating etc are not discipline those are pure wickedness and lack of control over ones anger.

So stop being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 18, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
[s]Doctor which training did u give your son that made him behave like a maniac before the flogging?

If u give your son proper home training, he will not go about behaving like a demon.

Modified:

See them rushing to quote me without understanding, I am not against the correction (flogging).

My grouse is with the behavior of the boy before the flogging. The doctor was not doing his duty as a father by giving the boy proper home training hence the misbehavior.

It is these kind of children that will be molesting and bullying other kids in boarding school here in Nigeri[/s]a.

Will sharap there! These are the type of the children causing trouble for parents
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by shadeyinka(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

Charging the kid to court? cheesy cheesy
Isnt that an acceptable means of correction of an offending person?
Then the boy should be sent to a juvenile jail correctional center for rehabilitation.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Yimmicks: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see white racial competitors behind this man's suspension, I see them conspiring to pull him down because he's a Nigerian and ahead of them, I see them fighting this case with every penny they have. I see the man not coming back to practice anytime soon. This I have seen.
BS!!.. you haven’t seen correctly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.