Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (33163 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 8:48am On Jan 19, 2021
King44:
our kids bawo.... The uneducated pipu in the north and Niger are joining boko don't lump us together besides they are one of the reasons why we are backward, check every federal job positions they are there dominating and their goal steal the country blind and flex the power.

Whether you flog or not a child who would bring shame and dishonor to his or her family will surely do so it's a matter of time...
I would go with you last sentence... you say whether you flog your kid or not, he would be what he would be right? So why flog? Why the domestic violence? Flogging is a sign of a weak parent who has no control over his kids without the show of brutal force. When would africa grow pass that?

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2021
Tcwork:

I would go with you last sentence... you say whether you flog your kid or not, he would be what he would be right? So why flog? Why the domestic violence? Flogging is a sign of a weak parent who has no control over his kids without the show of brutal force. When would africa grow pass that?
flogging is not domestic violence, there is difference between discipline and domestic violence... Nowadays, we seems to have different English words to condemn things we feel are wrong.... Am I an African man I can use both the two ways of disciplinary when needed.... Do much talking and little bit of flogging when needed or astray... As long as it instill some sense I am cool.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
King44:
flogging is not domestic violence, there is difference between discipline and domestic violence... Nowadays, we seems to have different English words to condemn things we feel are wrong.... Am I an African man I can use both the two ways of disciplinary when needed.... Do much talking and little bit of flogging when needed or astray... As long as it instill some sense I am cool.
First domestic violence has a simple meaning, 'Violence committed at home' This isn't controversial. Now I wouldn't teach you how to raise your children but then you shouldn't condemn how the British raise their kids like you did in your first post. Again you have refused to show me how Africans end up better from the beatings they get or how beating helps a child to get better.
The whites are so advanced, they don't even beat their cattle the way our fulanis do.
So are we saying a cattle in the UK is better than a kid in Nigeria? Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Tcwork:

First domestic violence has a simple meaning, 'Violence committed at home' This isn't controversial. Now I wouldn't teach you how to raise your children but then you shouldn't condemn how the British raise their kids like you did in your first post. Again you have refused to show me how Africans end up better from the beatings they get or how beating helps a child to get better.
The whites are so advanced, they don't even beat their cattle the way our fulanis do.
So are we saying a cattle in the UK is better than a kid in Nigeria? Think about it.
you with this your white superiority mentality sha...

Have you tried to ask your dad or mom how they were raised and they ended up a better person?
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
King44:
you with this your white superiority mentality sha...

Have you tried to ask your dad or mom how they were raised and they ended up a better person?
This isn't about mentality. I am a practical person. I go for results.
How do you expect me to raise my kids the same way my grandparents raised my parents. If after 2 generations, I still depend on my grandparents methods it means I have not learnt anything. We should be better than our grandparents and our parents, that is called growth.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by King44(m): 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
Tcwork:

This isn't about mentality. I am a practical person. I go for results.
How do you expect me to raise my kids the same way my grandparents raised my parents. If after 2 generations, I still depend on my grandparents methods it means I have not learnt anything. We should be better than our grandparents and our parents, that is called growth.
a simple question you left unanswered.... How were they raised? How did their life turned out at the end? Do you think the method used while raising them has a negative effect on them your life? Until you answer these questions truthfully, I am done arguing.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
King44:
a simple question you left unanswered.... How were they raised? How did their life turned out at the end? Do you think the method used while raising them has a negative effect on them your life? Until you answer these questions truthfully, I am done arguing.
In social sciences we begin by looking at a group not individual. I have made it a point not to answer personal questions on public forums. I believe it is basically unwise to do so. I won't be able to tell you how I was raised. But yes the negative effects of domestic violence can be seen all through africa.
We have a greater tolerance for violence. That is why we can burn suspected thieves in a market and everyone things it's fun.
We also have greater fear of the law and people in power. After a child has been tortured by his parents, he doesn't see why police should not harass him. We have been taught to accept pain.
We have also become a lot more wicked. And domestic violence has continued to grow.
You expect you child not to beat his wife but you beat him everyday, it does not work that way.
Like I said I can't teach you how to run your family but comparing the evil africa to the UK system is like comparing darkness to light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter / Who Owns The Breasts? Is It The Father, The Mother Or The Baby? / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.