Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him (46294 Views)

How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated / 8-Year-Old Rape Victim Dies Of Infection In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by rovher: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Too bad ... My sister's colleague's brother at work ... So sad mehn ... Rip G ... Naija is a bleeped up place o
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by edoairways: 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:
I hate the way hospitals here operate. Why not treat him then hand him over to the police. No value for human life at all.
They might loose their license or even jail the doctors and health workers on duty. I thought by now this law has been ammended.

2 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by edoairways: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
MisterKennedy:
Good afternoon nairalanders...

I just got posted to serve in Delta State and my friend told me that I have a very high likelihood of finding a great paying job in the course of my service in Delta... How true is this? Is Delta really great for finding a well paying job? Please help me friends.
No better change your posting to another state

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by prigoz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Rip young man, I pity those who have faith in Lord lugard marriage. Nothing is working and still people forcing it to gel knowing fully well that it can. And is case is one in a million because it was reported to social media
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by eldoradoxx: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
The insecurity in the North East and North West seems to have relocated to South West Nigeriam.Kidnapper, armed robbers, herdsmen attack here and there, what's going on? embarassed undecided cry

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
They came for the journalists, i didn't speak up, they came for Endsars protesters, I didn't speak up, they came for Sowore, I didn't speak up, they came for Nnamdi Kalu i didn't speak up, they came for Soro soke, I didn't speak and when they came for me there was no one else left to speak up. The youths have become an endangered species in Nigeria. No Nigerian youth is safe in Nigeria. the Nigerian system hate youths. If you are young talented, sensible, educated and fit, that shithole is not for you. Believe it or not.

The only youths who can survive/wanted in Nigeria are hoodlums, bandits (as they are decribed) kidnappers, Armed robbers and other useless youths.

2 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dpsychologist:
Even if he is a criminal he Deserves to be treated. The function of a hospital is to save lives not take it.

boss, no criminal deserve to be treated, statement like yours is the reason why crime keep increasing day by day
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Angelfrost(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nukilia:
Can we just go our separate ways in this country undecided

What has that got to do with the failure of your fellow Southerners to show an ounce of humanity??!... Nigeria didn't fail/kill the man, his fellow Nigerians (Southerners) did!!!

There is something deeply and fundamentally wrong with the average Nigerian, whether Southern or Northern... I fear and despise most of you!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by MisterKennedy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
edoairways:

No better change your posting to another state
Good afternoon Sir... How's your day going? ... Hmmm, I was hoping on getting a high paying job of like N100k and above in the course of my service ... But Sir on a scale of 1-10 what's my chance of getting a high paying job or a job of like N100k and above in Delta State?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by int0x80(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria, a failed Experiment Nation!
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Angelfrost(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

boss, no criminal deserve to be treated, statement like yours is the reason why crime keep increasing day by day

Every one is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court...

You don't deny a gunshot victim treatment on the "assumption" that he is guilty! It is not done anywhere in a civilized world... This is pure backwardness!!!

Do you even know how many innocent lives we have lost from such idiotic and primitive behavior??! Think about it, and be ashamed!!!

Even if he was truly a criminal, why not treat him while placing him in restraints like handcuffs??! Why not keep him alive till investigation of guilt is completed and established??!... Smh!!! African Negroes!!!

2 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

You don't get it!! Criminals deserves to be treated, you treat the criminal, charge him/her to court and put them in Jail, if found guilty, a reformed criminal can become a good citizen tomorrow. You obviously have never heard of fundamental human rights. I don't blame you, there are no human rights in Nigeria.

All the criminals that have being lynched through jungle justice and mob killings, if that is a deterent to crimes there would be no single crime in Nigeria today. Rather there are more criminals and crimes in Nigeria.

Look at the case of this innocent youth, he wasn't even a criminal. But they refused still to treat him that is because the hospital's mindsets are just like yours, how would you or the hospital know who is a criminal and who isn't?

Becareful what you wish for, you might be next.

4 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Angelfrost(m): 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ihatemumu:
The most religious country in the world cannot practice what they preach.

Most religious my foot!!!... A nation of slow and dull brained hypocrites!!! No professionalism even among the educated!!!

2 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by OdenKelechi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
I'm tired of this country, i fucking hate this country and especially those fools in black called police.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Angelfrost(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
Viknat:
Nigeria again. This is y I will, and I repeat, I will never pity any armed robber wey dey face jungle justice . Just see this young promising man wan start life with very bright prospect these illiterates just condemn his life .

Let's even leave robbers for a second... What about the infidels called Police and the hospitals that allowed him to die??! Don't you see that it's not just the robbers that are guilty.

4 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
So owning a laptop is now a crime to the police? Those police have one brain cell. Too bad David died that way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Ugandatales: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
So owning a laptop is now a crime to the police? Those police have one brain cell. Too bad David died that way.

Nigerian police dey mess up big time. That's how they stopped my friend in Ilesha for walking to the bus stop with her laptop in her backpack. A 30 something year old, formerly fressed woman o. They were calling her a Yahoo girl with no evidence...if not that she works with a well known organization and she showed them her ID, they would have arrested her. Can you imagine. It's crazy.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Angelfrost:

Let's even leave robbers for a second... What about the infidels called Police and the hospitals that allowed him die??! Don't you see that it's not just the robbers that are guilty.
well.. that is the Nigerian mentality, No criminal deserves to be treated by a hospital, some people are said it on here. Now how can a hospital doctor tell who is a criminal and who isn't? It is the job of the police, So don't blame the hospital. Blame the system, the police, the people ( Nigerians) who accepted that a criminal doesn't deserve to be treated. Nigerians have being abused so much they are not aware of their fundermental human rights.

A treated and reformed criminal can become a good and law abidding citizens in the future.

That is why you have prisons and reformations.

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by airminem(f): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
embarassed Crying seriously
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Ugandatales: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
OdenKelechi:
I'm tired of this country, i fucking hate this country and especially those fools in black called police.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine in the US was on the phone with me yesterday saying the same thing you are saying...how he is tired of Yankee and their police.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by oshonwambada: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:
I hate the way hospitals here operate. Why not treat him then hand him over to the police. No value for human life at all.
that is why I dont have any single respect and regard for some of these institutions starting from police down to the least
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ugandatales:

Nigerian police dey mess up big time. That's how they stopped my friend in Ilesha for walking to the bus stop with her laptop in her backpack. A 30 something year old, formerly fressed woman o. They were calling her a Yahoo girl with no evidence...if not that she works with a well known organization and she showed them her ID, they would have arrested her. Can you imagine. It's crazy.
That is shocking to know. The most annoying thing is that most of these police officers don't even have common waec result. They need to have their head checked.

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by nathanomochi(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Truly it is sad cos like i always say no govt hospital should or has the right not to see a gunshot patient cos it is always gazetted on the walls in the accident and emergency that one should not wait for any police report before doing the basics !! Same way u see many patients queuing just to see few Drs without knowing that a tired Dr is a dangerous Dr cos there is a limit to which the human brain can process but the patients will also "make them just see me make i de go house",instead of them to insist that the govt should employ more hands!!. I always say it that your health is your discretion or should be your top priority, the health professionals are there to detect issues and curb it as appropriate. A patient has the right to be seen by a Dr same way a Dr has the right not to see a patient but should document the reasons why
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Akanoaaa(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
There is no a single hope for this country. Father Lord, please open my way and make things easy for me so that I can leave this failed country before what happened to David happen to me also. RIP David
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Kzcee: 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:

This is what is obtainable, anyone with bullet wound are treated first then hand over to police for two reasons; to give information about what happened so as to apprehend the culprits or to exonerate himself that he's not a robber.

#the fault might be from inexperience nurse or nobody to pay for treatment.

RIP David
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Mcslize: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
I don't use to see you guys comments on thread like these so I will be mentioning you guys.

Can you guys see what's happening? Can you raise kids in a country like this where one can't travel without the fear of being killed?

Imagine police asking why is a tech guy having a laptop? Can you see the backwardness?

That's why I told you blackpanda in my previous post that people get shot here in Nigeria than the U.S.

In this case, is money everything that really matters in life or peace of mind? What do you guys have to say about these terrible events?

TWO EXTRA OTHER THREADS BELOW:

https://www.nairaland.com/6369737/futa-deputy-registrar-amos-arijesuyo

https://www.nairaland.com/6366903/john-gbakaan-yaji-bandits-kill

gopel8052

blackpanda

humilitypays
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by eastOFwest(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Yet, na this same Hospital workers go still blame government and Politicians while they don't play their own part in curbing the nation's madness.

You wonder why Nigerians keep voting for the same ccorrupt pple for the past 60yrs? It's not far-fetched. The government is only a reflection of the citizens.

In Nigeria, ~90% of the citizens are MADD!

Completely, irrefutably and conclusively mad angry angry angry
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by edoairways: 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
MisterKennedy:
Good afternoon Sir... How's your day going? ... Hmmm, I was hoping on getting a high paying job of like N100k and above in the course of my service ... But Sir on a scale of 1-10 what's my chance of getting a high paying job or a job of like N100k and above in Delta State?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lebienconnu: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
RIP to a great guy. May God grant the bereaved the fortitude to bear the loss.

The guy may have died before he got to LUTH. I have worked in accident and emergency unit of two different federal government owned teaching hospitals and I know how we go extra miles to save patients even when the relatives are not around to drop a penny. It is always good to hear from the doctors before concluding. Many of the stories you read on social medial about doctors being wicked are false. I have been a victim before and it can be very painful.

3 Likes

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Bluffly: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:
No regulation, no value for human life,
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mcslize:
I don't use to see you guys comments on thread like these so I will be mentioning you guys.

Can you guys see what's happening? Can you raise kids in a country like this where one can't travel without the fear of being killed?

Imagine police asking why is a tech guy having a laptop? Can you see the backwardness?

That's why I told you blackpanda in my previous post that people get shot here in Nigeria than the U.S.

In this case, is money everything that really matters in life or peace of mind? What do you guys have to say about these terrible events?

TWO EXTRA OTHER THREADS BELOW:

https://www.nairaland.com/6369737/futa-deputy-registrar-amos-arijesuyo

https://www.nairaland.com/6366903/john-gbakaan-yaji-bandits-kill

gopel8052

blackpanda

humilitypays

Is Nigeria the one kidnapping and shooting Nigerians or Nigerians themselves shooting and kidnapping one another.

How many Nigerians will it take to turn a sane country into a hell hole.

Think about it. The problem is not the country, it's the people, when the people move to a different location the problems will go with them

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Cuts Off Girlfriend’s Breast, Dumps Her Body In Pit Toilet / Clem Ohameze: Robbers Took N650,000 From Me, All My Phones, Destroyed My Car / Kano Police Burst Notorious Criminal Syndicate Led By A Female Ex-Convict (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.