Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him (46618 Views)

How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated / 8-Year-Old Rape Victim Dies Of Infection In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
You don't get it!! Criminals deserves to be treated, you treat the criminal, charge him/her to court and put them in Jail, if found guilty, a reformed criminal can become a good citizen tomorrow. You obviously have never heard of fundamental human rights. I don't blame you, there are no human rights in Nigeria.

All the criminals that have being lynched through jungle justice and mob killings, if that is a deterent to crimes there would be no single crime in Nigeria today. Rather there are more criminals and crimes in Nigeria.

Look at the case of this innocent youth, he wasn't even a criminal. But they refused still to treat him that is because the hospital's mindsets are just like yours, how would you or the hospital know who is a criminal and who isn't?

Becareful what you wish for, you might be next.

putting someone in jail will not make them to repent, do not tell me about human right, my father is a senior police officer, and my uncle is an EFCC official, I know what I see or hear from them from time to time

for example, my father told me about one of our close neighbor who went and steal and he was caught, they almost burn him to death, but he was lucky, someone called the police and my father went there with his boys and took the idiot to station, he was put in the cell for 3days, because my father know him as a neighbor he released him and he was ask to leave for free even without bail or payment, guess what? 1 month later, he still went and steal again and he was caught, as I am talking to you right now he is currently in the cell again, and he case will soon be move to state CID, department of crime

what I am trying to say is that caging someone in jail do not mean they will repent, it will only make them worse when they finally come out, devil have being in hell fire for thousand of years now and yet he have not still repented

if I am buhari enh, I will out a law that any cultist, arm robber, kidnapper, ritualist that is caught with gun or human parts should be killed by hanging, no more jail, it is better to kill them and have peace of mind than to jail them and they get worse when they come out

for u to handle a stubborn country like Nigeria, u have to be stubborn and emotionless too,

the only people that should be sent to jail should be those that was caught without gun, but for those that was caught with a gun, they should bee killed

is like arm robber or kidnappers never rob you with gun before na make u they pity for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by AerialMapper: 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is what happens when you employ illiterates as police officers
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Boyooosa(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nukilia:
Can we just go our separate ways in this country undecided

And your people you are going with are so kind that this wouldn't have happened in your own part of Nigeria ba?

May be U r even one of the police officers set... Or a nurse in those useless hispitals
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Orc13: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
if it was Bashir ElRufai that was shot, NPF go dey hold gun on top Doctor to make sure Bashir no die. Nigeria still in the Stone age
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lexy2014: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

boss, no criminal deserve to be treated, statement like yours is the reason why crime keep increasing day by day

Really? How does his statement affect d crime rate in Nigeria?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
Angelfrost:

Every one is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court...

You don't deny a gunshot victim treatment on the "assumption" that he is guilty! It is not done anywhere in a civilized world... This is pure backwardness!!!

Do you even know how many innocent lives we have lost from such idiotic and primitive behavior??! Think about it, and be ashamed!!!

Even if he was truly a criminal, why not treat him while placing him in restraints like handcuffs??! Why not keep him alive till investigation of guilt is completed and established??!... Smh!!! African Negroes!!!

if an innocent person with gun wound was not treated by doctor and nurse, what make you think they will treat a criminal?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Really? How does his statement affect d crime rate in Nigeria?

statement = words = action = behavior

if people decide to put his statement into action it will now turn to a lifestyle or behavior where criminals who have killed a lot of people in the past will still be treated by doctors

if an innocent person with gun wound was not treated by doctors, what make u think they will treat a hardden criminal or kidnappers that is wanted my the police?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

putting someone in jail will not make them to repent, do not tell me about human right, my father is a senior police officer, and my uncle is an EFCC official, I know what I see or hear from them from time to time

for example, my father told me about one of our close neighbor who went and steal and he was caught, they almost burn him to death, but he was lucky, someone called the police and my father went there with his boys and took the idiot to station, he was put in the cell for 3days, because my father know him as a neighbor he released him and he was ask to leave for free even without bail or payment, guess what? 1 month later, he still went and steal again and he was caught, as I am talking to you right now he is currently in the cell again, and he case will soon be move to state CID, department of crime

what I am trying to say is that caging someone in jail do not mean they will repent, it will only make them worse when they finally come out, devil have being in hell fire for thousand of years now and yet he have not still repented

if I am buhari enh, I will out a law that any cultist, arm robber, kidnapper, ritualist that is caught with gun or human parts should be killed by hanging, no more jail, it is better to kill them and have peace of mind than to jail them and they get worse when they come out

for u to handle a stubborn country like Nigeria, u have to be stubborn and emotionless too,

the only people that should be sent to jail should be those that was caught without gun, but for those that was caught with a gun, they should bee killed

is like arm robber or kidnappers never rob you with gun before na make u they pity for them.
grin grin I have been in prison numerous times, it is not just locking people up, they have to be REFORMED, you obviously do not understand reformations of criminals while they are in prison, in Nigeria they just dump them in prison, even when they are freed they go back to the same street, the same area, the same poverty, the same joblessness, the same frustrations, stress and depressions that led them to become criminals in the first place, Ofcourse! They will re offend.

Now, picture this. In nigeria a man steals a mobile phone, he is caught and people gather and burn him alive, but while the bike thief is burning alive another man is busy picking the pockets of the people who gathered to watch the burning thief. Even though he can see that a thief is being burnt alive, he is still pickpocketting. So tell me how killing the phone thief stopped another thief from stealing? cheesy

the Nigerian Judicial and law enforcement system, they are the problem.

I don't need to be robbed, to know, I was a robber myself. I am a reformed robber. wink I don't live in Nigeria, I wasn't even born in Nigeria, that is why i know more about human rights than you.

If you handle the people with brutality, stubborn and emotionless, the people will become even more deadly and lethal.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lexy2014: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

statement = words = action = behavior

if people decide to put his statement into action it will now turn to a lifestyle or behavior where criminals who have killed a lot of people in the past will still be treated by doctors

if an innocent person with gun wound was not treated by doctors, what make u think they will treat a hardden criminal or kidnappers that is wanted my the police?

Earlier u categorically said d guys statement is responsible for d increase in crime rate in Nigeria. Now u saying "if...". Is "if" certainty?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by TEMPESTETIM(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
Must doctor report display before you attend to someone with gun shot?..ha what a country... now d young man has gone....
izuch:
sad
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by one4GOD(f): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nukilia:
Can we just go our separate ways in this country undecided
high time we did. smh..
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Mcslize: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
gopel8052:

Is Nigeria the one kidnapping and shooting Nigerians or Nigerians themselves shooting and kidnapping one another.

How many Nigerians will it take to turn a sane country into a hell hole.

Think about it. The problem is not the country, it's the people, when the people move to a different location the problems will go with them

You are comparing miscreants with no skills with professionals? Don't you know those making the country a hell for sane others going about their usual duties are the miscreants with no job nor skills?

If they are gainfully employed, will there be kidnapping and robbery being recorded on a daily basis?

What type of comparison are you trying to make here? You meant a professional with skills and educational qualifications will go to another man's country to form banditry and abandoned his professional skills?

You forget that saner climes have no room for miscreants with no skills that have nothing to contribute to their countries. So that mindset of people will come and mess the place up, holds no water. If not, you yourself should have messed the country you are right now up by now for being a Nigerian if we go by your claim. Don't you think so?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Lordbinsmar: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
My only regret in life is nigeria.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Earlier u categorically said d guys statement is responsible for d increase in crime rate in Nigeria. Now u saying "if...". Is "if" certainty?

how are you sure u will be alive tomorrow? even life itself is not certain, so "if" too is not certain nothing is certain

but the bible say the words from our tongue is powerful, and such tongue should not be use to make such crime encouraging statement

the reason why the rate of yahoo boys is increasing day by day is because people are even supporting them

I know someone that is into yahoo, his mother is even supporting him, his mother take him to a native doctor for charm so make client fit pay better money
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lexy2014: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
edoairways:

They might loose their license or even jail the doctors and health workers on duty. I thought by now this law has been ammended.

⁦section 33. (1) of d nigerian constitution:

"Everyon has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save in execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty in Nigeria."
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lexy2014: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

how are you sure u will be alive tomorrow? even life itself is not certain, so "if" too is not certain nothing is certain

but the bible say the words from our tongue is powerful, and such tongue should not be use to make such crime encouraging statement

the reason why the rate of yahoo boys is increasing day by day is because people are even supporting them

I know someone that is into yahoo, his mother is even supporting him, his mother take him to a native doctor for charm so make client fit pay better money

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
grin grin I have been in prison numerous times, it is not just locking people up, they have to be REFORMED, you obviously do not understand reformations of criminals while they are in prison, in Nigeria they just dump them in prison, even when they are freed they go back to the same street, the same area, the same poverty, the same joblessness, the same frustrations, stress and depressions that led them to become criminals in the first place, Ofcourse! They will re offend.

Now, picture this. In nigeria a man steals a mobile phone, he is caught and people gather and burn him alive, but while the bike thief is burning alive another man is busy picking the pockets of the people who gathered to watch the burning thief. Even though he can see that a thief is being burnt alive, he is still pickpocketting. So tell me how killing the phone thief stopped another thief from stealing? cheesy

the Nigerian Judicial and law enforcement system, they are the problem.

I don't need to be robbed, to know, I was a robber myself. I am a reformed robber. wink I don't live in Nigeria, I wasn't even born in Nigeria, that is why i know more about human rights than you.

If you handle the people with brutality, stubborn and emotionless, the people will become even more deadly and lethal.

alright, thank God u have repented from arm robbery, Go and sin no more
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

is your life certain?
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by justtryme: 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigerians are so religious yet so wicked and devilish.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by JWTheocracy1: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ugandatales:

Funny thing is, a friend of mine in the US was on the phone with me yesterday saying the same thing you are saying...how he is tired of Yankee and their police.

That your friend isn't a law abiding citizen... you can quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

is your life certain?

If ur life isn't certain how come u are now certain that a persons statement is responsible for d increase in crime rate in Nigeria?

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by AFONJACOW(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
People do you know that one ediot was bragging to me on nairaland telling me even if they give him Australia visa he still prefer his Nigeria than that place... Please how do people feel comfortable in such a place... My Generation will never forgive me if I didn't pay the clause and buy our freedom to a saner country
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by buchai: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
The country I found myself today was described in aljazeera as one of the poorest country in world, I didn't quite agree with them on that report because things are working for them, health care sector is free no much private hospital here I can count only two private hospital and the doctors whose work in general (hospital central) hospital are the ones that work there, health services here is free be it emergency is free you pay nothing while the so called richest and gient of Africa people are dying helplessly. I want to say more atleast ways of solving these problems and insecurities in our country but right now am kind of busy may God help us.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Tony142: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

If ur life isn't certain how come u are now certain that a persons statement is responsible for d increase in crime rate in Nigeria?

person when won dance, no be once he dey stand up dey dance, he can either start by clapping his hands or tapping his legs on the ground

his statement is like clapping hands or tapping legs on the ground, so we have to stop it b4 it will turn to a full blow dance
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:
I hate the way hospitals here operate. Why not treat him then hand him over to the police. No value for human life at all.
did you even read the write up? The doctor most likely declared him dead on arrival but the family refused to accept. They were requesting for a test to be done to confirm he's alive. That's how ignorant Nigerians are. The doctor will be blamed in every situation even when no proof of negligence.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dpsychologist:
Even if he is a criminal he Deserves to be treated. The function of a hospital is to save lives not take it.
the poster writes in grief. What happened was most likely exaggerated.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by E2000: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
So sad.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by E2000: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
How about we recede our independent apologize to the white men and call them back to take charge of Nigeria. Because obviously we can't rule ourselves properly. Nigeria was a true giant of Africa during the Colonia era unlike now we deceive ourselves with the name we are "dwarf" in all aspects.
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lozanni(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
smoke9910:
I hate the way hospitals here operate. Why not treat him then hand him over to the police. No value for human life at all.

I wonder if these hospitals can not be sued for damages and criminal negligence?
Also recruitment into the Police force should be properly reorganised with proper psychological evaluation of all those involved.
I know the above will not bring David back, but it could help save many more lives
Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by lozanni(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
The area where David was shot is a well known black spot especially around the railway crossing leading up to Moshalasi bus stop.
Those carrying laptops, especially in the dark, should avoid that place and other similar dark spots.

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by wink2015(m): 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
The security situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day with constant news of robbery, kidnapping, assassination's, cultism, etc.

Yet President Buhari does not seems to care.

He feel so comfortable at the presidency while criminals commit crime under the full watch of the security agencies.

Buhari would have at best remain in his Daura cattle ranch where he look after his cattle instead of the presidency.

1 Like

Re: David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him by davillian(m): 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
Even to carry such victim to the hospital yourself
Police would still rope you.....
Was going home around 9pm I saw somone crawling and saying bros take me to the hospital, dem just shoot me now" abeg no let me die...
Guess what I did ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest ATM Cards Fraudster In Katsina (Photo) / My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus / Missing Person - Chika Nzenwa - From Port Harcourt To Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.