Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities (13673 Views)

FG To Build 6 Solid Mineral Process Plants across 6 zones of the country / Correctional Facilities: Lagos State Police Command Puts Formations On Red Alert / FG To Establish 6 Correctional Facilities (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Queenlovely(f): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Idaytesj29:

The fact still remains that not all crimes are committed for economic reasons. Also, the developed economies also have criminals. Correctional centers are integral parts of social structure of every society.

Not every government institutions needs to generate income to be relevant.

The service these correctional facilities render keep you safe in your home and removes dangerous people from your streets. You can ask Edo people for more details after they forced a jail break last year.

your English sweet for ear but face the reality.

dysfunctional society breeds dysfunctional people

breakdown in community structure and over dependence on the federal government increases crime, organized religion cannot command obedience anymore.

there are more opportunistic criminal outside of prison than are inside, because a society that worship money without accountability is the breeding ground for thieves
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Godbless3(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2021
Nothing positive about this nation at all.
Senate probe n98 million for advertising bill because e no enter their pucket.
How did the senate not known about it when the have senate committee on it.
A country like nigeria need industries not prison.
Changing name to correctional facilities has no impact as if they are out of prison and 1 year after they have no place to use the skill learn in the facility will surely let them to hustle they know.
Senate should probe this. Govt can't just built something the people are not fully aware or carried along.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by sexyking1: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:

Can we go together ?
Dear I visit them with gifts (food items, and other items). It's a work of grace dear, and no one is exempted. So if you wan me to join you, I'm fully ready. Just tell me ur location and hopefully around Lagos. Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Kaiser20: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:
Black man mentality never cease to amaze me. If the money used in building this correctional facility prison is used in building factories and industries that will create job for the people, the rate of crime and consequently the number of potential inmates will drastically reduce.
America a great country with job opportunities nevertheless, the crime rates is very high. The US government still build new correctional centres. What then is your argument??
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2021
How would these correctional facilities add to our dwindling economy?

Misplacement o priority

I laugh in the Ekiti language
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Idaytesj29(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:

Can we go together ?

I volunteered to work with a social organisation, and we worked on Prison, we were allowed to see cells where inmates sleep.

It was highly congested, a space of about a small pry school classroom have 120 inmates sleeping in it. They explained to us that they practically sleep on their sides one by one like frozen fish. These rooms are not ventilated at all cos the structure was meant prevent escape.

The heat plus the lack of space cause rashes and all sort if skin infections.

I also wanted to say we don't need to invest tax payers money on building these facilities, but I rem what I saw when I was privilege to go their and we should also remember that these inmates also paid taxes before they were jailed.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by mrkings84(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2021
...."they will build no schools anymore, they will build no hospitals 2x,
All they'll build will prison prison
All they'll build will be prison prison"

Qbeg whose lyrics is that?
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2021
I stead of saying they want to build Prison to incarcerate people, they are using grammar to pain it white.
If u want ur Citizens to do well, use that money to create a good and safe evironment for them all, devoid of favouritism, Nepotism and all those negative barriers...ur here creating Prisons. U don't know when the above mentioned are not done, there will be catastrophy...
Make I no even tire my cloth concerning anything Nigeria, after all, common sense is not common. No wonder they keep going round the same circle.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Blackdisciple(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2021
Hahahahahaha.....

they told us it's prisons he will build for us and we say it's a lie and now here it come

And a dead man will say Buhari had done more good than GEJ...

GEJ was building schools, institutions and the dead men say GEJ was the worst president Nigeria ever had....

God bless GEJ
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:
Black man mentality never cease to amaze me. If the money used in building this correctional facility prison is used in building factories and industries that will create job for the people, the rate of crime and consequently the number of potential inmates will drastically reduce.
Your own mentality won't sieze to amaze me! In countries where there is enough jobs, people still commit crime. So you're happy with the state of our prisons where inmates sleep on bare floor and there is no plan for their lives all through the time they spend in prison and get out?
You seems to forget the main purpose of a prison or correctional facility as it's called. To help you change and become a better person. This is a very welcome development, the only prayer we should say is that God should give them the power to maintain this job well done.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
I stead of saying they want to build Prison to incarcerate people, they are using grammar to pain it white.
If u want ur Citizens to do well, use that money to create a good and safe evironment for them all, devoid of favouritism, Nepotism and all those negative barriers...ur here creating Prisons. U don't know when the above mentioned are not done, there will be catastrophy...
Make I no even tire my cloth concerning anything Nigeria, after all, common sense is not common. No wonder they keep going round the same circle.
In countries where there is enough jobs, good environment and all. People still commit crimes. So you're happy with the state of our prisons where inmates sleep on bare floor and there is no plan for their lives all through the time they spend in prison and get out?
You seems to forget the main purpose of a prison or correctional facility as it's called. To help you change and become a better person. I have met someone who went to prison in Germany, got out and become one of the best fachion designer in Berlin. He was trained in the prison. This is a very welcome development, the only prayer we should say is that God should give them the power to maintain this job well done.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by nograv: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2021
tyup:
Sleepless night for Yahoo boys and Ipob miscreants

Tho in a civilized and modern society (which unfortunately Nigeria isn't) A better Economy and a quick/Readily available Jobs for all and sundry drastically reduces Crime in a society but they won't know this cuz their brain walls are made of Bricks

Ke? what about Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen?
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by tunapawizzy: 10:03am On Jan 18, 2021
Either you build the economy OR you build prisons....u must sha build one....In Nigeria we have chosen to be building the latter.....APC and PDP forever.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Grandmeister(m): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2021
They won’t build no schools anymore, all they’ll build is prison prison—lucky dube.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Whois(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Buhari is a wicked leader. He will personally make sure the correctional facilities are ready before they deliver important projects like the Lagos mono rail cry 2023 loading
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by otuas: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2021
Lucky Dube talk about this na say na prison they will be building, God bless dem
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2021
These crappy buildings are what these people term a “correctional facility”?! Why can’t Nigerians do something properly for once?
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by fabolouz1(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2021
It will become home to crooked public and civil servants when we have a leader who is serious of taming looting.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Robinrul(m): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2021
We all thought it was weed when Lucky dube predicted the future " They will build no schools anymore, all they build will be prison prison"
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by emerged01(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2021
DirtyGold:
With the battered state of the economy and the increasing crime rate, this move is a no-brainer.

However, instead of prioritizing prisons, focus more on fixing the reasons why people end up there.

What's tha business?
People always end in prison,even in developed countries there are prisons.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Shugar1: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2021
DrPureheart:
Person wey go spend in time for there never know like this o

Werey.... Lmao
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Pat081: 10:49am On Jan 18, 2021
Lovelife2much:
They need to build it for some of their people, when they retire
lol, he should be in one by now the way he use osun money
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Jessepaid(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Shit.. well....

It's long over due...

To the architect that designed the structure.

I wonder whether na school hostel you wan build or prison...
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by AFONJACOW(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2021
They are building one for tinubu and his minions in case he want to go the way of abiola and declare parallel government after losing the primary woefully, they will cage him like a monkey and throw him in there like abiola
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:

At the same time, you need to acknowledge the fact that our current prisons are vastly over-crowded. Nothing stops us from both having factories, and adequate prisons.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by MummyD2020(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2021
Story
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Farki: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2021
Nice, the old ones are just horrible. I hope they out put sensible people in charge and not saboteurs like in Edo and Lagos.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by rafcrown(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Prison 1 for corrupt politicians
Prison 2 for.kidnappers
Prison 3 for Ritualists
Prison 4 for Armed robbers/Cultists
Prison 5 for.women in crime
Prison 6 for new comers in criminal activities.
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by peculiar2233: 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
tyup:
Sleepless night for Yahoo boys and Ipob miscreants

Tho in a civilized and modern society (which unfortunately Nigeria isn't) A better Economy and a quick/Readily available Jobs for all and sundry drastically reduces Crime in a society but they won't know this cuz their brain walls are made of Bricks
And what gives u assurance u won't end up ur life there?
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by Markswag101: 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hope they are building it for themselves
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by omoakin22: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
lucky dube
Re: FG To Build 6 Correctional Facilities by omoakin22: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
aregbe final destination after looting osun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Maina: Nigerian Criminal Suspects With History Of Illness / Arewa Youths Assembly Calls For Postponement Of The 2023 Election / NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.