Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? (36645 Views)

Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 4:42am On Jan 22, 2021
erenax:
Pharmacy
what's your reason?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by munachiso58(m): 6:29am On Jan 22, 2021
sageb:
Nursing degree from a University is better but if you don't get it then try Nursing school. microbiology is good but Nursinf have more job prospect.
thanks
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by nervegasfarts: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Igwe29:
How I wish you would give your children this kind of advice. If you like call this sarcasm.

Well, maybe I can. You sound like the only advice you can give your kids will be to dash pastors or imams money, and things will be fine. Difference is you will be enabling this same failed state, not your child! I come in peace...
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:48am On Jan 22, 2021
Omofloflo:
My brother nothing like lucrative profession again everywhere is saturated. We have jobless or underpaid doctors, lawyers, engineers etc
But sir are you serious even doctors? I thought they said they pay them alot of money
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2021
GboyegaD:
Study a course you are passionate about. No course guarantees you wealth.
You have said it all God bless you, we are struggling lawyers, engineers, doctors, architectures, pharmacist, or you forgot a pilot that went back to tailoring in Kano??
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Genea:
Pharmacy is good , with architecture, you need mad connections. My advice, with the way Naija is going, check job websites and see which jobs are lucrative and the pay range too. Secondly, no matter the course you are studying, don’t be like me, get a side hustle and also make sure you come out with nothing less than a 2:1, I came out with a 2:1 but no hustling skills and you know the rest.

Well with salaries being stagnant and inflation rising, I have had to open my own business.

In summary, chose a course that would make sense if you decide to japa. Most importantly, have a side hustle in school. If it’s to print logos on shirts, please do, grow your customer base and even after you finish school, you’d be your own boss while looking for a job. You can learn barbing or hairdressing skills for survival too
God in heaven, are you serious architecture is difficult to get a job cry
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2021
Genea:
i quoted the microbiology advice... Many mcb are in finance now cause no future in it
God in heaven microbiology!! Are you serious
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:04am On Jan 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Lucrawetin?
Lol you mean medicine is not that Lucrative
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Genea(f): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:

God in heaven microbiology!! Are you serious
Yes I am

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2021
gaddafe:

My brother lucrative is individual dependent. What Mr A sees as lucrative might be nonsense to Mr B. For example, Medical related courses might look lucrative but we have lots of medical graduates looking for jobs in the streets. Some even now work in Banks.

Considering the Nigeria reality, I will tell you my 3 courses I feel it's best currently for Nigeria as a career.

1. Agriculture. Any agricultural field course is a bomb. Maybe it's because I'm a poultry farmer I don't know, but if I'm to delve into the reasons why this course is so good, we might not stop reading. One of the reasons this course stand out is that you can easily become your own boss.

2. Any computer related course. To be honest if you don't know this then I don't know what to say to you. The areas where you will be able to fit in when you graduate is quite broad. Now please consider that I'm not looking at how to get a job after graduation but if you can make a career out of what you've studied. There are a lot of courses in this area. I hope you know that.

3. Lastly. Any medical course. If your parents are well loaded you can choose these courses but personally considering the Nigerian reality I see this as a waste. The reason I included this is that after graduation you can easily relocate to another country. Countries like UK, Australia, Canada will like to have you when you graduate.
Chai do we really have medical doctors roaming the streets??!!
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
livinbygrace:

If you are not from a rich or well connected family,it’s better you learn a skill,business,trade or handwork and when you are well established you go back to school or travel out of this country.Dont waste your time,as going to higher institutions in Nigeria have wasted so many brilliant destinies.
Or you will be frustrated, you will work hard read all night and score B, while Randy lecturer give his side chicks A, Nigerian universities is something else I swear, I hate the system, come to masters they feel like GODS they will do to you as they wish,
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2021
yusman14:
That's great.. I'm a newbie web developer..still learning..
My goal is to use python to solve economical engineering problems related to materials...
alright!
Man keep your goal to your safe, when you have idea go straight and do it, or do you hear lawyers giving free legal advice??
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Burgerlomo:

Wickedness Abi

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2021
bizme:
You see, I have chosen not to argue with your claim of making 10 million annually as a biochemist working in a beverage industry. Why? Because that would be pointless. The question however is, are you practicing in that company as a biochemist? In the case of pharmacist we are talking about people who practice as a pharmacist. Otherwise, I could have added pharmacists working outside of pharmacist practice who make your annual salary every single month. I omitted those because it is not peculiar to pharmacy. There are probably historians who make your annual salary in one month.

There is such a thing as average. Not individual experiences, but average.

From a random selection of 10,000 biochemists practicing biochemistry in Nigeria (not medical biochemistry), how many make at least N100k monthly at entry level? I am sincerely not sure the number will reach 30 % This link puts the entry level salary for biochemistry graduate at N42,000.

https://facts36.com/biochemist-salary-in-nigeria/
https://www.mysalaryscale.com/salary/biochemist--t

Now how many entry level pharmacists of randomly selected 10,000 earn a minimum of N100k monthly? I am sure that figure is not less than 95 %.

Does pharmacy have a grading system?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Primase:

Sure! But it cuts across every discipline. I have heared of a doctor who earns 33k in a private hospital while some doctors start with over 200k in a good hospital.
33k ? Do you mean during NYSC? Or I should scream
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2021
My brother take pharmacy I repeat take pharmacy.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by gaddafe(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Chai do we really have medical doctors roaming the streets??!!

Every course is saturated in Nigeria. There is no course you want to read now that we don't have graduates in that field roaming the streets. Every year students graduate from school, but how many hospitals or jobs are being created for these graduates? Most doctors want to be employed by the government but how many can the government really employ? Just read your book and forget about job for now. When you graduate things will take care of itself. You might even read a course people feel it's stupid yet you'll come out being gainfully employed before your peers.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2021
Yes, I saw and already sent you a response.
SultanM:
I sent you a pm sir, atleast I can ask you more questions, I don't know any pharmacist.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2021
It eventually depends on the institution, but generally the Pharmacy degree is unclassified even though a grade point index is used. Based on the grade point index for an institution like OAU grades with 4.1 and above (total of 5.0) are recognized as Distinction.

Hassanmaye:

Does pharmacy have a grading system?

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Any course which include the word "politics " is very lucrative grin
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Igwe29(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
nervegasfarts:

Well, maybe I can. You sound like the only advice you can give your kids will be to dash pastors or imams money, and things will be fine. Difference is you will be enabling this same failed state, not your child! I come in peace...

I don't sound like one and you don't know what I can do because you don't know me, you just typed rubbish. Change your thinking!
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Ludlum(m): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
harbeebski:

wow...are you a public health scientist I'm currently a public health finalist in Kwasu
that very nice
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Lol you mean medicine is not that Lucrative

It isn't. That's why most of them especially d senior ones in govt hospitals have private hospitals where they refer their patients in govt hospitals to. D best u get from medicine these days is assurance u will get a job or job security. Being lucrative is a fantasy

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Man keep your goal to your safe, when you have idea go straight and do it, or do you hear lawyers giving free legal advice??
No... alright thanks

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:23am On Jan 23, 2021
Agriculture: If you want money from plants choose cucumber and melon not water melon. I know how much milk cup of egusi cost.
Veterinary: Treating Animals if you like or better still sell Veterinary products which is the money in it. You can even go into Animal rearing like poultry,porcine farming or skin and hide production
Lastly Dog breeding. I know how much A Belgian mallinois pup cost or an Alaskan malamute cost.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 5:42am On Jan 24, 2021
bizme:
Yes, I saw and already sent you a response.
please check your mail.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
I sent it to you already.
SultanM:
please check your mail.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Chrisenglish: 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Watch the video

‘HOW TO SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH’
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjtBQBL-_qitUi1Sfynrf8Q
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by 2SWT(f): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2021
yusman14:
Hello sir..I just bought some udemy courses..do you have a trick on how to download the videos for offline view?
please how did you pay for the course? They are rejecting my cards
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
2SWT:
please how did you pay for the course? They are rejecting my cards
Really??
click the green icon left to payment gateway..then enter your naira amount..it will be converted to dollar instantly..then pay for cart order..
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by 2SWT(f): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
yusman14:
Really??
click the green icon left to payment gateway..then enter your naira amount..it will be converted to dollar instantly..then pay for cart order..
it worked thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director / What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.