Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,578 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools (155 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools by Blogger2021: 9:00am On Jan 19, 2021
The Nigeria Medical Association has expressed concerns over the reopening of schools across the country.

Schools in many states across the Federation reopened for academic activities on Monday, January 18. This comes even as Nigeria battles the second wave of the COVID19 pandemic.

The President of the medical association, Prof. Innocent Ujah, in a Television interview, expressed concerns over the reopening of schools. According to Ujah, decisions made in Nigeria are most times sentimal and not based on the advice of experts. He averred that Nigeria doesn’t have the statistics to know the schools that have put in place adequate measures to observe the COVID19 protocols.

“What we have been saying is that this Coronavirus pandemic is totally unprepared for and that has been since it started. But one year after, what lessons have we learnt? We know that students should go to school, and we know that they should maintain the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) protocol, but what have we done in schools?

Whether it is a public or private school, injury to one is an injury to all. The truth is that we have no statistics as far as I know of the number of schools that are ready, whether public or private and what they should put in place. I think that we are very sentimental as a nation. Let us follow the advice of experts.

USE THE LINK BELOW TO READ FULL ARTICLE
https://www.onebaniblog.com/nigeria-medical-association-expresses-concerns-over-the-reopening-of-schools/

Re: Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools by projectreserve2: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2021
Re: Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools by YADNUS11: 9:25am On Jan 19, 2021
Seriously!
Re: Nigeria Medical Association Expresses Concerns Over The Reopening Of Schools by aybabz101: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2021
I can't really comprehend a reasonable point from what this man said.

The general population disregards the covid 19 protocols and the government is doing nothing to enforce these protocols. So, schools should bare all the lockdown consequences?

I was disappointed when I saw pics to NIN reg. centers across the country. People were like sugar ants vying for a cube of sugar. churches, mosques, hotels, markets, political gatherings, events, international flights, inter state travels etc are not locked down but its schools they believe will spread the virus. useless govt.

(1) (Reply)

AAU Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Session [UPDATED] / Girls In Engineering Seminar / Discover Interesting Ways To Read More Books Even As A Very Busy Person!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.