Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 (25384 Views)

COVID-19: Persons Vaccinated In Africa, Others Considered Unvaccinated By The UK / Ait Tv Ceo Pretended To Be Covid-19 Patient(video) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by specialmati(m): 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin i told you guys lagos will do anything to win the league every illness now na covid
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by manbrain: 11:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
This is amazing
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by calcal: 12:47am On Jan 20, 2021
The money he supposes to use to provide tap water is using it to treat malaria - Sanwo-olu - olodo
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by iparipa: 12:50am On Jan 20, 2021
Stupid man of a governor.
I can see why the figures are outrageous.
Mosquitoes everywhere, biting and infecting most people with malaria and you take advantage of that to pronounce them Covid patients.
Idiot
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Mulisana: 2:13am On Jan 20, 2021
The United States restricted travel from China on February 2 and restricted travel from Europe on March 13. However, by March 8, Covid-19 had been circulated in the communities of New York City, and by March 15, the community spread of the virus had been Widely spread, analysis found. The most closely spreading virus best matches the virus strain spreading in Europe rather than in China. President Donald Trump has repeatedly accused the virus of not preventing its spread to the United States.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 20, 2021
So malaria is now covid, our medical doctors are no longer competent to know what malaria is, very soon even head ache will be covid.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:18am On Jan 20, 2021
calcal:
The money he supposes to use to provide tap water is using it to treat malaria - Sanwo-olu - olodo

he don't collect covid money, 20 years ago would a governor mention something like this and not attract criticism from the medical profession?

Miss people like the late Dr. Ransome Kuti.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Ruby97: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2021
Sounds like Marketer for idumota,If is job's will you force people to come and get or Money you are Sharing will it get to everyone,thankio
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by ogubolokento(m): 7:34am On Jan 20, 2021
The scam turned truth today thank you
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by budusky05(m): 9:19am On Jan 20, 2021
Such a lame reasoning, its very obvious this covid thing is now business for this guys.

Over 50 million Nigerians have malaria to, so what will he do if everyone turns up at the testing centre with malaria?

They sat and watch malaria drugs increase drastically without any intervention from the government, know too well its one of the major illnesses that kills Nigerians faster.

Am sure he will soon cash out from federal government soon
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by dfrost: 10:40am On Jan 20, 2021
Ishilove:
Is it me or are Nigerian youths averse to reading? undecided

Most Nigerians, not only youths are averse to reading. The average black man hates reading. Point of note, Ish, is the average black man.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Ishilove: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2021
dfrost:

Most Nigerians, not only youths are averse to reading. The average black man hates reading. Point of note, Ish, is the average black man.
So that makes you and I above average, not so?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by alezzy13: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Olodos all over. Just look at comments.

The governor was simply saying those with malaria like symptoms should proceed for testing (ie confirmation).

The idea of considering it covid until proven otherwise is to ensure all necessary precautions are taken to prevent spread.

For instance, if I suddenly develop high fever, I should immediately isolate and get tested.

And the truth is, with the level of community transmission, it is not too far fetched.

Kai! Naija youth, who did this to you?? cry

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by alezzy13: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
rinrin23:
It's shameful. Can't even pick a handful of intelligent comments on this topic. It truly reflects the state of the nation with the dull, willfully ignorant and uneducated (and I don't mean unschooled) being in the overwhelming majority.

Assume it's covid, adopt the highest level of precaution (ensuring health care workers are safe and early detection in the patient if that's the case), test to ascertain actual status, then administer treatment as needed. As simple as this was stated, it's so hard for people to understand. Shame

Phew. Thankfully there is hope

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Kaymansion(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2021
Our governor well done sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by dfrost: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ishilove:

So that makes you and I above average, not so?

Ish.. No ooo. Me, I be smallie ooo. You, naptu2 and a host of others are above average. Me I'm under average cheesy grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by hardbody: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Sanwo-Olu don cast

Meanwhile so I have been having Covid in and out since last year? I have been treating malaria and been getting well.

Clueless human beings parading as governors and presidents.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by nurain150(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Brownoctopus:
covid is not real
Werey go to isolation center unprotected

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by MadamExcellency: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Slurity:
Nigerians are the most educated illiterate on this planet. Can you imagine people comment? The worst part of this is that most of them will be a graduate.

The comments are in other, the Governor is stupid and all those Lagos Ibadan Agberos trying to defend him are paid sycophants.

Between Malaria and Covid-19, who kill pass? Malaria.

Nobody forces you go for test to save your life except for covid-19.

Did you see what Nigerians were ready to do to save themselves from Ebola, because it wasn't a scandemics like Covid-19 in Nigeria.

Nigerians know a threat when we have one. The government shouldn't force fear on Nigeria for a disease with 99% chances of recovery.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by joe120120(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
References:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/19/breaking-any-malaria-like-symptoms-should-be-considered-covid-19-sanwo-olu/

Nigeria from new world .
Malaria have been senor to covid 19 .
Every body is among malaria patient.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by cardoctor(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2021
See ur head. Is that how to diagnose Covid19?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19 by Greatzeus(m): 3:46am On Jan 24, 2021
BigSarah:
Chief Medical director sanwo-olu has spoken...

I still don’t own a face mask
How is that possible? Since March 2019 you have never entered a bank or any government agency? You have never entered any private establishment or fast food restaurants? So you just wake up,eat mummy's food,watch TV ,sleep and repeat for the past one year? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Epidermolysis Bullosa: Help Save My Sister's Baby With Solution To This Ailment / COVID-19 Update For September 13 2020 In Nigeria - (1,827 Tested)) / I Am 23Years Old But I Look 33 Years Old - Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.