Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Experience With A Professional Girl Beggar In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A Professional Girl Beggar In Lagos (253 Views)

My Experience With A Professional Girl Beggar In Lagos / Enugu Fake Beggar Who Deceives People With Cotton Wool & Engine Oil Disgraced / Manhood Of Man Who Gave Crippled Beggar Money At Ikeja Vanishes - Instagram User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Professional Girl Beggar In Lagos by kellyjc(m): 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
It is no longer news that some able bodied youths in Lagos make a living from begging. The professional beggars will ask for just a little favour which they might claim is for their feeding that night or transport fare. The elderly ones will stay at a particular point while begging every passerby. The corporate beggars on the other hand are usually well dressed and mostly explain themselves in detail. They might ask for transport fare or any other financial help but not food. These people take advantage of the overpopulation of the city to carry out their activities.
Yesterday on my way home,I dropped at the ever busy Ajah under bridge at about 8pm. Just as I was about crossing to where I will board another vehicle,my eyes caught up a young girl of about 17 years standing alone . She wore a skirt and blouse and her hair was on low cut. She looked a bit stranded and I noticed that she was just looking for some attention. It didn't even take me up to two seconds to assess her before crossing the road. I have met many people like that and I know their motives even before they approach me.
Sometimes I give to people who are stranded when I can because I know what it feels like. But I always try to find out first.I can remember buying food for a woman who begged me for money for food . I offered her a bottle of mineral that was with me and she accepted. Instead of the mineral,I bought her food.
About four minutes after crossing the road,I noticed that the girl I saw was now about two meters behind me.She gradually came and stood beside me.I pretended like I haven't noticed her because there were people everywhere.
Re: My Experience With A Professional Girl Beggar In Lagos by montumonami(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
Following

(1) (Reply)

14 Yahoo Boys Arrested By The EFCC For Alleged Internet Fraud / Fraud / (VIDEO) Missing Child Found In An Orphanage In Nassarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.