Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,313 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help (22024 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by dafeoroyo: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2021
for tearing that legal paper first another 1 month to be deducted making 3 month grin
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by awa(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2021
miniziter:
You have not told us how many visitors you came with o. Sometimes, it is good to be proactive and be painted a wicked landlord than allowing shit to happen. Nigerian are fond of telling the world about the bad their landlord is doing but hide theirs under the carpet. Biko its not easy to build o.

Bros you are very much on point. Na so one of my Tenants dey carry his entire Village come my place like say I gave them the entire compound. Just waiting for his rent to expire shaaa

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:41am On Jan 20, 2021
SmartPolician:

You Nairaland lots have completely lost it.

I think you should visit a town called Alagbole in Ogun State to find out how Baba Kazeem and Madam Olusola Beckley treat their various tenants. Even agents will discourage you from living in their houses.

Nigerian landlords are almost the same and have nothing to do with tribe.

I know what you are thinking I be Igbo boy for your info.
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by SirBunky85(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2021
Kennyfancy:
Tell him to give u ur agent and caution fee as well as every little money you spend, then if he refused, you can sue him
and what if he doesn't have money for court case?
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
scholes23:
Maka Why

Bro u have done nothing wrong. U even did the right thing by asking for a refund.. if he refuses, contact ur lawyer.
I don't understand, before he no go refund the guy money?
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Anaerobi(m): 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Go to court

Be prayerful.

he may be diabolic.
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Danielqitta(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
craze dey your landlord head
why won't he allow you to have visitors?
even though you owe him, that doesn't warrant him to stop you from having visitors
shame on him
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
DeathToBEGGARS:
exactly. once this type of thng happens, the lanlord will seize any opportunity to evacuate the person
Some people don't know how to live with others. They behave as though they are staying in a private house. Will okay music for everyone without bothering to find out if others want to listen to the same music. They don't care if the person next flat is sick and need some peace. Very selfish set of people but they will be quick to attack the landlord.
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by chumakk: 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Dozie32:

.it's none of his fucking business bro..if he likes let him have the whole if Anambra people in his flat. Nothing concern am, some landlords are wicked.
when you are a landlord then you will understand. If you see how damaged a flat was when one girl packed. She always brings in people.
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Dozie32(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
chumakk:
when you are a landlord then you will understand. If you see how damaged a flat was when one girl packed. She always brings in people.

Who told you how am not a landlord? That's why you should you collect caution fee from your tenants.
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by emi1000(f): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
The first thing to even consider is the terms of the agreement, which I guess I didn't explain properly, but generally a one year tenant is entitled to 6 months notice which should be given mostly after the first 6 months, the quit notice terminates with the one year rent, I didn't really go into details because I didn't see any need to, maybe I thought wrongly, however I still stand to be corrected
Rexnegro:

When quoting or explaining tenancy laws do it fully except you don't know that even the 6months is not free. because most landlords or landlady don't bother to collect the rent for the 6months or 3months depending on the duration rented doesn't mean the tenant is entitled to free stay for that period. It's only a period given by tenancy laws of govt for you to look for another apartment and you have to pay for it as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by SaintUlot: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
favour32:
Na wao.
You don't give a month notice to a tenant that pays a year's rent.

You can give a month notice if that is what is in the tenancy agreement.

Still buying all Gift cards @ good rate

https://www.nairaland.com/3908406/best-farsell-all-itunes-amazon

WHATSAPP
:https:///s/saintulot
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Kennyfancy(m): 1:45am On Jan 24, 2021
SirBunky85:
and what if he doesn't have money for court case?
the he should refuse to pack out
Re: My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help by Kennyfancy(m): 1:47am On Jan 24, 2021
Liftkid:

He has refused to refund fully. How do I go about suing him? I wouldn't like this done to other tenants in the future.
contact a cheap lawyer, all you need is a court paper to delay him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Land Title: Excision What Does It Mean(MR LAWYER HELP US B4 WE ARE BEEN DUPED) / CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN OF 4bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom 2flat Attach IN LAGOS / Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.