Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega (11048 Views)

Biafra: Kanu’s Trial Postponed Till April 5 / Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele (2) (3) (4)

Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
Prof. Jega has announced the postponement of the entire NASS election till Monday April 4, 2011. The postponement is due to some serious logistics problems  in several states of the Federation. The most notable problem being the late arrival / unavailability of result sheets. Although some states have all the materials, INEC decided to postpone the entire election in order to maintain the integrity of the process.

Prof. Jega made this announcement at an emergency press conference aired on NTA.

More details: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104021255428

The election has now been moved further to April 9 https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-637933.0.html
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by chima2011: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
It's not in all states, Be careful of the news u carry
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
I repeat, in ALL STATES INCLUDING FCT!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
Here is the INEC twitter page: https://twitter.com/inecnigeria
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by juman(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
One Nigeria = Waste of time

How come a country election to be delayed by no plane to deliver the result sheats and some other election materials?

INEC should look for another big lie to say.

Why these many disappointments from Professor Jega.

Voters registration was problem, proper election delayed.

May be the election results would never come out.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jega has not confirmed if Monday will be declared a PUBLIC HOLIDAY or a WORK-FREE day! However, the usual restriction of movement will apply.

All na english, the summary is there will be no work on Monday!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by ddone: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
I think this may lead to another greater problem: CONTROL OF BALLOT PAPERS. The exam don leak already!

We couldn't control the DDC machines and I doubt if we can control these election materials let loose on the streets!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by honeric01(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
Now let the rigging begins!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by innomaria: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
ALL NASS election cancelled after the exam paper is leaked. Monday or no Monday can it still be fair and free. control of machine, balot boxes , registers, and the officials of the elction is already known to the politricks minded politicians. This a BIG FAILURE! What a pity?
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by eros(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
This will definitely lead to rigging. Most of the election materials are already out there in the hands of Corpers and people who can be easily compromised. JEGA has already failed Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
The only credible solution is to come up with totally different ballot papers! That will be a hell of an effort and a hell of a cost!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
When will this patient be discharged? cry

Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
Maurice Iwu is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

una never see anything.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by maclatunji: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2011
JEGA is a massive flop, no EXCUSES! I am in utter despair for the fate of this country. If we cannot conduct elections, we really need help. I am so angry right now that I am thinking that we need to import leaders from elsewhere to lead us. President Jonathan and late Yar Adua failed to sack Iwu in 2007 and waited until it was too late. Crying diabolical shame!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by opalu: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
efisher:

When will this patient be discharged? cry

[size=13pt]ON MONDAY NEXT WEEK. BY DR PROF JEGA[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
This goes to show that corruption is not always the only object of blame. Poor systems and improper organization can also lead to massive failures. This is clearly a case of terrible planning. I have always had reserves about the process of the election where accreditation will be done from 8 to 12 and then voting. We are notorious for lateness and inefficiency in rendering service to the public. What stopped them from having these things land a week ahead of time with proper controls in place? What stopped the officials from reporting to the polling booths by 7am? They could have learnt from organizations like WAEC or JAMB with experience in things like these. We still have a long way to go.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by honeric01(m): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
Angry!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by opalu: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
TO ME, REMOVING JEGA NOW IS THE WORST THING ANYONE CAN DO
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
^ You're right. Removing him should not be considered at all.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by montelik(m): 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
efisher:

The only credible solution is to come up with totally different ballot papers! That will be a hell of an effort and a hell of a cost!!!

At this late hour. Whatever they can come up with now in such a time frame will be easily forge-able and insecure.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by dhensity: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
screwed nation
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by monkeyleg: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
I said this when the Delta state re-runs was done. with the whole registeration debacle the evidence was there to suggest the work pass the man. this whole process has been shambolic to say the least, I am really not convinced the election would be any better than 2007. But as usual, people jumped up to his defence. I shudder to think what will happen nexy saturday or 2 weeks from now

Right now, i am not sure sacking at this stage would achieve much
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by xtremeidea(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
i cant even beliv someone is saying "remove him"
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by warrior01: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jega, we are all behind you. you will never walk alone and I believe we can do it if we are patriotic enough
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by opalu: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
xtremeidea:

Don't mind them. Do they remove their head if they have headache?
After election, he can go if he likes
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
Is'nt sacking the solution to all our problems?

Iwu was wuruwuru

Now Jega has become Jagajaga

When will we just grow up and realise that all of these failures have something to do with how our system works generally on day to day basis?
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
xtremeidea:

Those people saying that are the ones that think UP SIDE DOWN. There are quite a number of them around.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Bisijohn: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
Who is trying to frustrate JEGA? JEGA will get it right,no matter the forces behind this. Good things don't come easily. Nigerians should be patient and effect change that we so desire.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
mikeansy:

Is'nt sacking the solution to all our problems?

Iwu was wuruwuru

Now Jega has become Jagajaga

When will we just grow up and realise that all of these failures have something to do with how our system works generally on day to day basis?

Keyword: SYSTEM.

You need to have seen the look on Jega's face. He felt really bad and it was like he wanted the ground to open and swallow him up. He needs all the support he can get now.

God help Jega.  embarassed
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by bonetalk(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
The funniest part of it, is that some people are still voting under a hot sun, INFORMATION IS POWER!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by PapaBrowne(m): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
We need to bring back IWU!!!

If you support the motion say AYE!!!

Jonathan has given this man everything he needs to conduct an excellent election! What would be his excuse this time?

I have never being a fan of appointing activist-minded folks on any administration job!! They aren't good at management!! Being a honest man with loads of intergrity is not a good way to asssess competence!!

Lets give the man a chance sha, his voter's registration started badly but ended well. I still believe he is able!!

Nigerians Should Beg Jonathan To Seek Second Term – Lawmaker / NNPC Report: Auditor General Threatens To Sue Premium Times / Obafemi Awolowo's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today