Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega (11144 Views)

Biafra: Kanu’s Trial Postponed Till April 5 / Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele (2) (3) (4)

Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Azedplus(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2011
here is a man who promised INEC has no reason to fail. he has not fail just as his masters.what a fail generation of leaders we have.what about lagos. sec. sch student writing 2nd term exam.am speechless.in tears.may be we shd return to 1959 or 1999 status quo.atleast i witness the latter where the decadence was not as much as this though it wasnt our best of time.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
efisher:

Keyword: SYSTEM.

You need to have seen the look on Jega's face. He felt really bad and it was like he wanted the ground to open and swallow him up. He needs all the support he can get now.

God help Jega.  embarassed

did u pray for Iwu?

I said it on this forum when people were calling for Iwu's sack. That Jega was a consultant to Maurice Iwu and has no record of resigning in protest or writing any newspaper articles criticising any of Iwu's modus operandi. So it is either Jega knows that the system can not be corrected overnight or he is as corrupt as Iwu.

Folks said no. If you sack Iwu we will solve 80% of the problem. But you know what? Jega has been appointed, PDP will still win this election and the election will still not be orderly. So what was the noise all about.

Changing the INEC Chairman is not equal to electoral reform. Those who fail to learn from history will always make the same mistakes.

Let us start planning for the next election. This one has already failed!!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by flabsol: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
hope there will be no shortage of papers on monday? up jega
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
The man boxed himself in by trying some superhuman tactics. I hear the materials landed today! A good manager should know better. It's like we have to privatize everything in Nigeria including INEC! Pay a consortium of international/local organizations to do everything for us. Chei!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by tbanger(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
Does that mean there will be curfew from 06:00hrs to 18:00hrs, This guy needs to get his acts together
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by ddiamond(f): 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2011
my country NIGERIA, may GOD save you from the hand of slavery, i tire for this country.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2011
whats the reason behind the postponement?
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by ekea2001: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
wow.just learning.  tongue
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Change2011: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2011

OMG

Please what is the implication of this to inbound flights into Nigeria. I booked my flight ticket to be in Nigeria on Monday.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by zenus(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
I saw it coming
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by domino74: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Thank God another holiday for us to chill at home
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by user32(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
inec and jega are no good news
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by bonetalk(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Nobody is perfect! This man needs our prayers and supports to succeed, that post is not an easy place to be.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jega was trying really hard to do something that will make the election as free and fair as possible but he forgot to balance the other side of the equation (logistics). When you have more controls, you will need to have a more robust logistic system. His idea was to keep the ballot papers as controlled as possible. It ended up being a very costly mistake but, that is what happens when trying a new product in the market. Just like Toyota recalled so many vehicles due to problems it never anticipated. I guess we need to think of another way out now.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by kennyitak: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Well I guess our God is a God of second chance,Jega has requested for a second chance and has gotten it. But dont be deceived,but be alert because ballot snatchers are currently been recruited enmass all over the country. Jega has simply extended the recruitment period. Lol!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by chima2011: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Everybody has a legitimate right to be angry for the postponement. But, one thing we can not afford is a foul to process. The NASS election is pivotal to strengthening our democracy,   If he Jiga thinks shifting the election is whats needed for a credible process, fellow Nigerians, i think we should give him our support. like he said, 'anything worth doing is worth doing well'
thank you
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by opalu: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by efisher(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

whats the reason behind the postponement?

Check the first post.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by jaybee3(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
who cares?
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by opalu: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by 4ee: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
angry  angry  angry
Oh no ,another unnecessary  break and disruption to one's plan for the month
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by libertyinc: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
The problem is not Jega, The problem is the system.the nigerian system is very faulty because the constitution is faulty.this is  a very fundamental issue that very urgently needs to be tackled, THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA cum THE ELECTORAL ACT, Because if some of u guys commenting get up there it won't be any different smiley
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by doctorT(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
I won't blame JEGA yet. At least postponement is still better than rigging.

Thank God this is not the presidential Election
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by maxproxl: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
JEGA'S SO CALLED INTEGIRTY IS AT STAKE, THIS IS A RIGGING STRATEGY, AFTER ALL THE HYPE THAT INEC IS READY, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTED, NIGERIANS ARE NOT FOOLS, THE WORLD IS WATCHING, LETS WAIT TILL MONDAY
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by naijasing(f): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
jega does nt know wat is doing
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by godfadda6(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
I think Jega's excuse is valid to some extent, cos cargo 747 are really scares nowadays, everyone is been deployed for relief effort, but what I don't understand is that why couldn't we have considered the stress in transportation when companies were bidding for the printing of the papers??

His excuse though valid, still leaves a very bitter and downful caste on our minds, I saw the cargo plane on ground, but we still have a long long way to go!!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by 1k001(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
which kind joke country we be sef sad how i wan take put mouth explain wen people ask me say y dem postpone election. kai! see kontry, i don die!
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by IFELEKE(m): 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
mikeansy:

Changing the INEC Chairman is not equal to electoral reform. Those who fail to learn from history will always make the same mistakes.

Let us start planning for the next election. This one has already failed!!!!!
Eaaasy man,it's not yet over. . .I seriously feel we should cut Jega some slacks,he has a valid reason for the postponement and we all must accept it.We can go ahead to write him and the elections off if he fails again on monday.
So,let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by abhosts(m): 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
Instead of disrupting the entire Nigerian Economy as a result of a forced public holiday, the Assembly elections should have been merged with the Presidential Elections that is scheduled for next Saturday.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by kennidiamo: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
This ting was damn stressful.can you imagine we are just hearing this like 45mins ago and we just finished accreditation here in Jigawa.make i go slip joo, anybody get hausa babe 4 dere?cos i won bleep oooh.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Azedplus(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
JEGA is not a good manager,he has poor analytical mind.he said the materials were expected by the foreign supplier on thursday but it arrive 9am today.what was he thinking since.remember he requested 4 money twice,same as registration period.expect him to come on mondaxy 4 another postponement.
Re: Breaking News: Entire NASS Election Postponed Till Monday April 4 - Jega by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
jega,not again. this is a national assignment and some school project that u r dealing with a few people, why did he give his assurance 2 d nation based on some unreliable promises made by his partner in biz. he should b sure of his plans b4 voicing 2 d nation; its really disappointing and now obvious he cant handle dat office with our confidence. angry

Anthony Ayine: NPHCDA ‘Notorious’ For Disregarding Accountability / Seme/krake Joint Border Post To Be Private Sector Driven / Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu