Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying (29901 Views)

A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Toyota Avalon Snatched At Gun Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Sheungbengar(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
How much does it cost to Install a tracker ??
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by NaijaSumigan: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lagos is overrated jare, these are the places you should try and avoid in Lagos at night. Ketu, Ikorodu, Mushin, Ojota, Fadeyi, Ajah, Jibowu, Mile2, Yabatech Environs, LUTH (serious death trap), Surulere, Orile, Itire and Agege.

What's the Governor doing... They should create a mobile police like other states do. They will Patrol round those areas and carry out their duty.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by YorubaPrince: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rutley:
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

Check with Slawomiir, he go sabi dem culprits and location. cool

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by PervertProphet: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
UDUJ:

I feel your pain bro but trust me you will recover and get over it. Even getting a better car than the one stolen. Just keep up the hustle.

Let me motivate you a little, I returned back to the country in 2011 and invested about 5m in a business a friend advised me to key into. This friend ( we schooled together at Uniben years back) took my money and left the country. 5m in 2011 was big money I was depressed for sometime but made that loss 2 times over some months later. When sad stuff happens we feel there is no hope to get out of the dark but believe me the sky gets darkest just before dawn. Hang on bro.

grin
Don't just motivate people. Tell them how you did again thrice after losing the initial.

4 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by KingRabota: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Whobedis ?

Veronica6532:
send me a WhatsApp message now

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by holusormi(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kaypee98:
That's my fear of purchasing a car

You no get money Abeg - shutup !!!

5 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by nairamaniac: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

But they are not eating the rich, rather theybare eating the poor and the middle class that is almost at extinction. When they start eating the rich, Nigeria will be okay, trust me.

u are very funny. Do u think *they* would be able to identify the RICH?

The word called RICH is RELATIVE.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GrandFinale2021(m): 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
centpado:
A friend of mine his car was taken from him in festac , a Toyota Corolla. He was in the car with his girlfriend , two guys came from the side and ordered them out , one pointed a knife , the other a gun . The quietly left the car for the Intruders.

P.s Happened around 512 road, by 8:30pm
when?
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by slimanyd: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lol. So, crime is also rampant in Lagos. But they made the media believe that's crime Is only occuring in Oyo state nah. Apc folks no go make heaven. Walai
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by slimanyd: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Stewart883:
Lagos is becoming very insecure lately... All sorts of criminals now move to Lagos

Lol. But it was never reported like the way that of Oyo state was over blown like say nah only Ibadan all the thief come migrate to
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by ayusco85(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lagos is overrated jare, these are the places you should try and avoid in Lagos at night. Ketu, Ikorodu, Mushin, Ojota, Fadeyi, Ajah, Jibowu, Mile2, Yabatech Environs, LUTH (serious death trap), Surulere, Orile, Itire and Agege.

This is almost the entire mainland Lagos. What's left again

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by ayusco85(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cutehector:
kai this kyn mentality is so annoying.

You don't need a sooth sayer to tell u he is a typical Nigerian
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by JBoss25(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
slimanyd:
Lol. So, crime is also rampant in Lagos. But they made the media believe that's crime Is only occuring in Oyo state nah. Apc folks no go make heaven. Walai
So you didn't know crime was rampant in Lagos all this while? U got to be kidding me, after Benin na Lagos be the no go area for naija currently.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by haider55338: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
:send me a WhatsApp message now
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Freddd009:

Pls don't remind me of that zone. They are so much in those areas Lekki, Ajah roads are one chance roads

And everyday Sanwo-Olu is being hyped for his THEME agenda.
Lagos state needs to wake up. Concentrating the security architecture on the city centres alone will not give sanwolu his due credit, unlike fashola.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Mryacks: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rutley:
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

Same here...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Engrlovedaycj: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I was in a police station today to get an incident report for my accidented car, i was a bit early and had to wait till the DTO'S section was available.

While waiting i saw a familiar face , at first we didn't recognise each other because of the facemasks , but i needed fresh air and i was alone under the mango tree and took it off, that's when he recognised me.

We greeted and he informed me he came to make a report of his car that was stolen at gun point, he also mentioned that as he was there several cases of vehicles stolen at gun point had also been reported same today.

Crime is at an all time high and every one should pay close attention to personal safety and security.

Have your vehicle insured comprehensively at the prevailing replacement cost (not the Nigerian used value)

Ensure you have a tracker installed , and ensure you have a third party than can you can always call ( memorised number ) that can track and disable vehicle .

Do not stay out late with easy to sell car brands (Toyota's, lexus)

If for any reason there is an attempt to take your vehicle do not resist, it's just a car, your life is more valuable.

Most of the cars stolen had lone occupants, so it's safe to say there is safety in numbers.

May God help us all.[/color]

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by vicdon(m): 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
I need a car tracker, but na 5k i get, shey i will not go and meet baba in ijebu ode to help me kuku do better tracker with dem Mami.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by favor914: 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
bencarson007:
Its an everyday jamboree in Benin city... Steady snatching at gunpoint here
Thank You Endsarsers, We are seeing the effects of your handwork, Buhari must go people?

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by aspiring44: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:

Cases of criminal activities has spiralled since the ENDSARs saga.
Our hope is in God's hands.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by jerry2cino(m): 12:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Nigeria is not save for everybody, for now, anything can happen, anywhere you go, open your eyes and your ears. May God help us all, Amen.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by bencarson007(m): 1:22am On Jan 21, 2021
MichaelSokoto:

naxo my brother!

I don pack my agbegi dey use bicycle dey cruise round town instead now!

No fuel cost, no engine oil, no EDSTMA wahala & co

cool

Wahala wear koi koi shoe... Lol

Na two cars dem don steal from my baby sister in the last one year bro....

One corolla and one Benz. Fear no let me give her my car again o

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by bencarson007(m): 1:27am On Jan 21, 2021
favor914:
Thank You Endsarsers, We are seeing the effects of your handwork, Buhari must go people?

Some people are morons without knowing... Your useless master is in Abuja chewing gworo while the youths were being shot at by your useless SARS and you expect them not to protest fa?

And to sabotage the protest, your same useless master gave the order from above to your useless governors to sabotage the protest at all cost and this is the effect. We know the story sister so please be calming down and don't dare quote me with that your 2 kilobyte brain again

7 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Litmus: 4:46am On Jan 21, 2021
Kettlecorn:
It is only by the special Grace of God that Nigeria has not yet fallen into an extreme state of anarchy. A foreigner once remarked that it is amazing that you can still walk or drive around in relative safety in a country where there is extreme hunger, lack and hopelessness for a vast majority of its citizenry. "When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich". The word rich is relative and refers to anyone that has something that someone else does not have. Could be a loaf of bread, a pair of shoes a keke or a car. May God help us all!

Nigerians don’t lack food. Crime in Nigeria isn’t fuelled by poverty. Crime in Nigeria is fuelled by flawed policing, judiciary and absent State generally of which porous border and indifferent immigration are but two of many symptoms.

What is Nigeria's prison population?

In 2016, 2.2 million Americans incarcerated,

Country Prison population Population per 100,000 Jail occupancy level
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

US 2,193,798
CHINA 1,548,498
RUSSIA 874,161
BRAZIL 371,482
INDIA 332,112
MEXICO 214,450
UKRAINE 162,602
SOUTH AFRICA 158,501
POLAND 89,546 235 124.4
ENGLAND/WALES 80,002
JAPAN 79,052
KENYA 47,036
TURKEY 65,458
NIGERIA 40,444
AUSTRALIA 25,790
SCOTLAND 6,872
N IRELAND 1,375
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Litmus: 5:09am On Jan 21, 2021
Tiny Uk has more people in jail than Nigeria. Nigeria’s criminals are walking the streets. Look to this more than poverty for your high crime rate. After the Leki Riots, prison population is even lower than the lies Nigeria probably told about her official prison population wich was probably lower than given since Nigeria lacks prison holding capacity.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:29am On Jan 21, 2021
bencarson007:

Wahala wear koi koi shoe... Lol

Na two cars dem don steal from my baby sister in the last one year bro....

One corolla and one Benz. Fear no let me give her my car again o
lolz!
Naxo! wink

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by felix55(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2021
Do u think installing GPS tracker can help in this modern technology ? GPS tracker s just 50% saver because guys now know how to disable a car with GPS tracker no matter how u install it. Just prayer and reduce driving in the night.that's my opinion.
Don't just put all ur hope on GPS tracker to help track or stop the car, this thief will just burn ur car or even reck it.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Rutley(m): 7:24am On Jan 21, 2021
UDUJ:

I feel your pain bro but trust me you will recover and get over it. Even getting a better car than the one stolen. Just keep up the hustle.

Let me motivate you a little, I returned back to the country in 2011 and invested about 5m in a business a friend advised me to key into. This friend ( we schooled together at Uniben years back) took my money and left the country. 5m in 2011 was big money I was depressed for sometime but made that loss 2 times over some months later. When sad stuff happens we feel there is no hope to get out of the dark but believe me the sky gets darkest just before dawn. Hang on bro.

Thanks bro. Things could have been easier if there was no covid last year. Everything was just grounded
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Rutley(m): 7:25am On Jan 21, 2021
Amen �

Lewisdinho:
God will provide you with another one
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Freddd009: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

And everyday Sanwo-Olu is being hyped for his THEME agenda.
Lagos state needs to wake up. Concentrating the security architecture on the city centres alone will not give sanwolu his due credit, unlike fashola.

Exactly. Lekki Ajah roads have been a nightmare. Danger zone for kidnapping, one chance n other criminal activities. If I'm not going with my car, I don't dare that axis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

About 10 Men Sitting On A Bus On A Lekki Highway / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.