Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying (29906 Views)

A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Toyota Avalon Snatched At Gun Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Daum: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
Normal thing for Benin na
We just dy live our life dy go...

Na God hand we dy for Benin.
We no dy complain again

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by kachiz(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lagos is overrated jare, these are the places you should try and avoid in Lagos at night. Ketu, Ikorodu, Mushin, Ojota, Fadeyi, Ajah, Jibowu, Mile2, Yabatech Environs, LUTH (serious death trap), Surulere, Orile, Itire and Agege.

How do we avoid the places that we live in?

5 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Lewisdinho(m): 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
God will provide you with another one
Rutley:
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by hstar: 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Birchi33:
EndSARSNOW...
This is some of the result...
Cry no more...SARS HAS BEEN ENDED.
What again...
End bad governance!

2 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by adonainana: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

But they are not eating the rich, rather theybare eating the poor and the middle class that is almost at extinction. When they start eating the rich, Nigeria will be okay, trust me.

I dey tell you it's the poor and middle.class people cars and bread they are eating. nothing fit do rich people.in this country. you wan snactch Tinubu bullet proof lexus

instant death sentence

6 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
bencarson007:
Its an everyday jamboree in Benin city... Steady snatching at gunpoint here
naxo my brother!

I don park my agbegi dey use bicycle dey cruise round town instead now!

No fuel cost, no engine oil, no EDSTMA wahala & co

cool

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Stockquality: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
I remember how i lost my one and only toyota camry,alongside my iphone 6s gold in 2014. It was like i was in a dream. After rounding off at a bar, just by close to 10pm,let me start up and pull up. It was like i was drunk, the key in my hand,my 2.2 Camry gone. Oh pls police ate my money,wasted my time,gave me false hope. I regret not installing a tracker inside.

9 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by BigBashiru: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lagos is overrated jare, these are the places you should try and avoid in Lagos at night. Ketu, Ikorodu, Mushin, Ojota, Fadeyi, Ajah, Jibowu, Mile2, Yabatech Environs, LUTH (serious death trap), Surulere, Orile, Itire and Agege.

And yet property is going for 50m and 100m

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Edusouls(m): 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lagos the urban jungle
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by centpado(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
A friend of mine his car was taken from him in festac , a Toyota Corolla. He was in the car with his girlfriend , two guys came from the side and ordered them out , one pointed a knife , the other a gun . The quietly left the car for the Intruders.

P.s Happened around 512 road, by 8:30pm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by OpinionCounts(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
It's LAGOS na, no surprise about that....den of thieves, touts and agberos
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Omezif(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vehicle insured tracker will only work if you reported your missing car in time.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Even Lekki phase 2 and Epe are terrible places especially from one chance. Yes, once chance. These two place places has become a hot revenue spot for one chance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by brandsoncharlie: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I was in a police station today to get an incident report for my accidented car, i was a bit early and had to wait till the DTO'S section was available.

While waiting i saw a familiar face , at first we didn't recognise each other because of the facemasks , but i needed fresh air and i was alone under the mango tree and took it off, that's when he recognised me.

We greeted and he informed me he came to make a report of his car that was stolen at gun point, he also mentioned that as he was there several cases of vehicles stolen at gun point had also been reported same today.

Crime is at an all time high and every one should pay close attention to personal safety and security.

Have your vehicle insured comprehensively at the prevailing replacement cost (not the Nigerian used value)

Ensure you have a tracker installed , and ensure you have a third party than can you can always call ( memorised number ) that can track and disable vehicle .

Do not stay out late with easy to sell car brands (Toyota's, lexus)

If for any reason there is an attempt to take your vehicle do not resist, it's just a car, your life is more valuable.

Most of the cars stolen had lone occupants, so it's safe to say there is safety in numbers.

May God help us all.[/color]
They're so many things that need to be done in Nigeria else the rate of insecurity in Nigeria is very alarming.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Rubbiish(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pochettino!
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
I really don’t go out nowadays If I’m going to see anyone I gotta know that the same love I have for you..to risk it you have for me o ...if not na WhatsApp video Dey reign na

4 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Altimatic27: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
GeneralPula:

How come?
Was everybody sleeping or what?

I am so sorry bro I de park my eod for road for 3 days remove battery
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Altimatic27: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I was in a police station today to get an incident report for my accidented car, i was a bit early and had to wait till the DTO'S section was available.

While waiting i saw a familiar face , at first we didn't recognise each other because of the facemasks , but i needed fresh air and i was alone under the mango tree and took it off, that's when he recognised me.

We greeted and he informed me he came to make a report of his car that was stolen at gun point, he also mentioned that as he was there several cases of vehicles stolen at gun point had also been reported same today.

Crime is at an all time high and every one should pay close attention to personal safety and security.

Have your vehicle insured comprehensively at the prevailing replacement cost (not the Nigerian used value)

Ensure you have a tracker installed , and ensure you have a third party than can you can always call ( memorised number ) that can track and disable vehicle .

Do not stay out late with easy to sell car brands (Toyota's, lexus)

If for any reason there is an attempt to take your vehicle do not resist, it's just a car, your life is more valuable.

Most of the cars stolen had lone occupants, so it's safe to say there is safety in numbers.

May God help us all.[/color]

Only advantage of using a Honda I neva park inside gate before... I pitty anybody we steal my car e go buy fuel die I no go even go police station

2 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by UDUJ(m): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rutley:
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

I feel your pain bro but trust me you will recover and get over it. Even getting a better car than the one stolen. Just keep up the hustle.

Let me motivate you a little, I returned back to the country in 2011 and invested about 5m in a business a friend advised me to key into. This friend ( we schooled together at Uniben years back) took my money and left the country. 5m in 2011 was big money I was depressed for sometime but made that loss 2 times over some months later. When sad stuff happens we feel there is no hope to get out of the dark but believe me the sky gets darkest just before dawn. Hang on bro.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Kettlecorn: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

But they are not eating the rich, rather theybare eating the poor and the middle class that is almost at extinction. When they start eating the rich, Nigeria will be okay, trust me.

It will soon get there. The poor and middle class are more accessible so they are first in line. When there is nothing left, the rich will be next. And as I said, rich is a relative term. In this context, it simply means those who have want to need to survive.

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by zikter(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
It is actually scary to go out these days. I am not really surprised, l knew we were going to be in hotter soup compared to before, when hoodlums burnt down police stations, broke prisons and set criminals free during endsars protest. To be honest, this protest cost us more harm than good, nothing tangible was achieved, police are still the same brutalizing and killing civilians, crime rate skyrocketed after the protest. One is just living day to day

5 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Basher8583: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kettlecorn:
It is only by the special Grace of God that Nigeria has not yet fallen into an extreme state of anarchy. A foreigner once remarked that it is amazing that you can still walk or drive around in relative safety in a country where there is extreme hunger, lack and hopelessness for a vast majority of its citizenry. "When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich". The word rich is relative and refers to anyone that has something that someone else does not have. Could be a loaf of bread, a pair of shoes a keke or a car. May God help us all!
Please speak for yourself. No one is hungry. Your are just doing more than your means. Tailor you suit according to your size.
You dey hungry yet you get money to use smart phone and buy data.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by tete7000(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:

Which place con remain to go for Lagos?
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by andrewbaba44: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rutley:

What of the Camry 07 muscle

They also steal that one right ?
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Freddd009: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Even Lekki phase 2 and Epe are terrible places especially from one chance. Yes, once chance. These two place places has become a hot revenue spot for one chance.

Pls don't remind me of that zone. They are so much in those areas Lekki, Ajah roads are one chance roads

3 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by airminem(f): 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
#we_wey_no_dey_drive_challenge grin
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by naijadrivablog: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
Toyotas abi?

Na em make I de find car wey no de rampant and robbers magnet.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Ykc2(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
daviesblaze:

Trackers are very important too
so if i got robbed inside a bus I will use tracker?you guys don't even know where to market una product

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by NaijaSumigan: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kettlecorn:
It is only by the special Grace of God that Nigeria has not yet fallen into an extreme state of anarchy. A foreigner once remarked that it is amazing that you can still walk or drive around in relative safety in a country where there is extreme hunger, lack and hopelessness for a vast majority of its citizenry. "When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich". The word rich is relative and refers to anyone that has something that someone else does not have. Could be a loaf of bread, a pair of shoes a keke or a car. May God help us all!

We shall not come to that in this Nation. Keep a positive mind pls
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by NaijaSumigan: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

THE ENDSAR PROTEST AND DESTRUCTION OF POLICE INSTALLATIONS STARTED THIS MESS.
THE POLICE ARE ON LEAVE.
Hmmm... Police, you guys need to get to work pls
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by freshkaz11(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
you forget to add oyingbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.