Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others (1295 Views)

Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience / 5-Year Marriage Experience: Lessons Learnt & Knowledge Acquired / Eniola ‘Mae’ Adeniji: "My Devastating Marriage Experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by moviemaker: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
There are so many headlines about infidelity and collapsing marriages out there everyday. Many people are constantly bombarded with these bad news and feel discouraged. Please share your positive relationships and marriage experience. Something to offset the depressing stories and encourage newlyweds and those about to get married this year. Thank you in advance.
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Noloss(f): 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
Will be right back.
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by SavageMaster: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Second to comment.

Make I book space here.

I'll be back to read what others are sharing
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
How much will you pay for that? cos I see you're a movie Maker...

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by longetivity(m): 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
wahala for who no get babymama
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by moviemaker: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
CalliDora1:
How much will you pay for that? cos I see you're a movie Maker...

grin
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by bsalawu: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
I bless God for the kind of wife He gave me!

We are not near perfect but the little % of perfection we have we hold it with great grace!

I have never cheated on her.... she so peaceful to the extent that even when she makes me angry, the way and manner she will handle it is always very peaceful!

We’ve been married close to 4 years with 2 wonderful children!

Marriage is hard work... I don’t allow anything that will cause division. I’m so careful about our home!

I Pray God will give us more grace to excel in this course! If I say it’s hard work... I mean it.

...but I enjoy every moment of it.... the blessings specks volume.

I pray God will restore every lost hope for marriages in Jesus Name!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by FalseProphet1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
I see so many lies in this thread, a lot of people will lift stories the found from different blogs and website and post it here claiming that it's theirs. This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by anthonyuncle(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
no matter the story anyone posts here, will it erase the bad ones we've heard before?

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many lies in this thread, a lot of people will lift stories the found from different blogs and website and post it here claiming that it's theirs. This I have seen.

No good marriage around you?

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Mekudi: 4:39am On Jan 22, 2021
cool If it's the bad side of marriage, this thread would have reach 10 pages by now

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Bola146(f): 4:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Let me come and learn about marriage cheesy
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by FalseProphet1(m): 7:12am On Jan 22, 2021
bukatyne:

No good marriage around you?
I see you getting married this year.
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Mindlog: 7:18am On Jan 22, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You probably didn't grow up seeing any healthy marriage around you thus your conviction that it is not possible a couple could be intentional and both put in the commitment, compromise, sacrifices etc to make their marriage thrive.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Gabe427: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
I was not opportuned to see my parents have that kind of marriage we all dream off so I made jokes about being a Catholic father with my friends cause I've seen first hand in hat it does ....I would say I would live with my dogs and spend my money on good kids who are willing to go to school

Nairaland made it worse grin grin

with time I began to see some marriages that did well like my best buds parents.... I visit them and see how an ideal couple behave even though I don't see the full thing.

i learnt a lot over the years and realised the world is way bigger than the four Conners of my troubled home I would keep learning and when am satisfied

I might get married

5 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by cooooooks(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
Where is the positive experience?

Your post is the bare minimum.

bsalawu:

We are not near perfect but the little % of perfection we have we hold it with great grace!

I have never cheated on her.... she so peaceful to the extent that even when she makes me angry, the way and manner she will handle it is always very peaceful!

Marriage is hard work... I don’t allow anything that will cause division. I’m so careful about our home!

I Pray God will give us more grace to excel in this course! If I say it’s hard work... I mean it.

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Basics007: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
It's 5years of marriage. Well it's not been completely blissful but it's but the good has been more than the worse. I am always ready to çompromise on knotty issues while she's always ready to let go of unnecessary fights.
I think the major ingredients needed in marriage is Maturity, Love and Money. Those 3 have managed to sustain us so far and they are still doing so

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
I got married. We adopted our different roles early on (after some initial misunderstandings) and we're still together almost a decade later.

Some detail: our marriage is based on total honesty because we've structured it in a way that dishonesty and cheating will not bring any benefits to either of us, and because we both know that if it gets to that stage, opting out of the marriage will make more sense; especially since we've agreed to keep the children out of any future issues we may have. Luckily, thus far, I have given her no reason to doubt my integrity and competence, and she has given me no reason to doubt her respect and loyalty for me. When we fight, it's only over dumb little matters of grey area control; the last major battle was over my refusal to go for a covid test when I had a slight illness sometime around the beginning of the year, and she was giving me my drugs and food in angry silence for 3 whole days, but she later stopped fighting when she saw that I didn't die (and abandon her with the children).

Marriage is still good if; like all transactions; you choose your partners wisely, and you deal with each other honestly and responsibly. From my experience, I think it's also better to marry as soon as you are capable. Young people are still flexible enough to adapt to each other, unlike when two stubbornly rigid old Baba and Mama get married.

6 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by bukatyne(f): 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
I got married. We adopted our different roles early on (after some initial misunderstandings) and we're still together almost a decade later.

Some detail: our marriage is based on total honesty because we've structured it in a way that dishonesty and cheating will not bring any benefits to either of us, and because we both know that if it gets to that stage, opting out of the marriage will make more sense; especially since we've agreed to keep the children out of any future issues we may have. Luckily, thus far, I have given her no reason to doubt my integrity and competence, and she has given me no reason to doubt her respect and loyalty for me. When we fight, it's only over dumb little matters of grey area control; the last major battle was over my refusal to go for a covid test when I had a slight illness sometime around the beginning of the year, and she was giving me my drugs and food in angry silence for 3 whole days, but she later stopped fighting when she saw that I didn't die (and abandon her with the children).

Marriage is still good if; like all transactions; you choose your partners wisely, and you deal with each other honestly and responsibly. From my experience, I think it's also better to marry as soon as you are capable. Young people are still flexible enough to adapt to each other, unlike when two stubbornly rigid old Baba and Mama get married.

@bold: Very true.

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by angelfallz(m): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
bsalawu:

Amen
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by angelfallz(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
What do you mean by different roles?

RisenPhoenix1:

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
angelfallz:
What do you mean by different roles?

I don't know what works for everyone, but I'm what redpillers scornfully call a 'tradcon'. All home expenses; major and minor; are mine- no exception; her own money is totally hers; but in exchange, I have full say over all financial decisions. But the home and kids are her priority, and her work must not clash with their free time. No live-in housemaids to misguide them, no cooks; only a day cleaner who I pay for (but I don't even know what she looks like tbh). Weekends my wife must stay home with the kids. Their education, health, guidance she must not neglect. That has worked out for us so far. I don't know what changes we'll need when the kids are grown.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by mariahAngel(f): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I don't know what works for everyone, but I'm what redpillers scornfully call a 'tradcon'. All home expenses; major and minor; are mine- no exception; her own money is totally hers; but in exchange, I have full say over all financial decisions. But the home and kids are her priority, and her work must not clash with their free time. No live-in housemaids to misguide them, no cooks; only a day cleaner who I pay for (but I don't even know what she looks like tbh). Weekends my wife must stay home with the kids. Their education, health, guidance she must not neglect. That has worked out for us so far. I don't know what changes we'll need when the kids are grown.

Hmmm!

If you weren't so proud, I would've thought she was lucky.
Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by angelfallz(m): 8:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
You're a real man

RisenPhoenix1:

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by CHoccolaTE: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
My wife is a wonderful person so my home is peaceful.

She is very submissive and obedient so I love her very much. Infact she doesn't take decisions without consulting me and letting me have the final say.

She also contributes financially to the home, goes to work everyday and takes care of our kids and house very well.

All I have to do is go to work and come back and balance in front of television watching football, she takes total care of our house.

How can one not love such a woman.

4 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
angelfallz:
You're a real man

Lol. Most redpillers would disagree with that, though labels do not validate me in any case, I just do what works. But my paternal grandfather was my hero, he on the other hand, was what you'd call a real man. He brought me up even more than my dad.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Mecka: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
I feel like a student right now. Getting to read the various experiences gives me hope in case i get married. Before i was a bit scared. I can't stand divorce when my kids are still small. It will be devastating for me, my wife and my offsprings.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hmmm!

If you weren't so proud, I would've thought she was lucky.

Am I? What is there to be proud of? Actually, I'm self content, but I don't think I'm better than the next man. I was just lucky enough to have had a firm guide in my childhood.

You're different if you think she's lucky. Many women would consider being compelled to put the kids before their business very limiting and sexist. My wife did initially before she finally agreed. Now she prefers it; or says she does anyway. But then again, she's always been a woman of modest tastes, thank God. It helps.

(1) (Reply)

Court Wedding Without Ceremony, Is It Possible? / Accommodating A Hubby. / How Can Anyone Claim He Or She Is Better? Mcheeewww!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.