Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Betting Is A Curse! Stop. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Betting Is A Curse! Stop. (30866 Views)

Betting Is After MY LIFE / Chiellini Claims He Put A CURSE On Saka Before He Missed The Decisive Penalty / Help! Betting Is Ruining Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Cutehector:
grin

If i were a lady, the first question i would ask any guy on a date is if he plays sports betting. Nigga you aint coming to use the children's fees to stake two sure odds. It all ends with a No i cant date ya.

After being in a reputable organization and serving in a very good position for 7 years, I was struggling financially. I could barely get along and I struggled financially thru my masters cos the salary wasn’t really enough though the carry big title and name. PhD was out of the question cos I couldn’t afford it..

2017, I got introduced to sport betting by a colleague of mine. First 2 months, I won 2m and some change with a stake of 25naira on betpawa (called Wasere den). It was unbelievable but after that, I didn’t win anything again for the next 1 year plus....it was consistent cut one and all that...

...then I took a pause in late 2018 to have a rethink and find out why so much losses. And I came up with the ponzi mentality to sport betting which I call sport investment. The idea was simple. I realize the reason people loss; GREED and UNREALISTIC HOPE. Eliminate these two vices and u will get more profit out of it

... to me, if I could wait for 30 days to be paid 30% (1.30odds) in MMM or wait for 30 days to be paid 15% (1.15odds) in MBA or now wait for 30days to be paid 10% (1.10odds) in BARA, WHY CANT I BE SATISFIED WITH 30% every 2 days from betting?

...and trust me, it pays. This is the mindset to profitable sport investment.... in my office, if my boss send person msg and I send dat same person msg, they will do my bidding first cos dem know say weekend, I go always make dem smile......

Even my boss wonders where I get money from that I spend and live as if i be yahoo boy.... and yes, my PhD is going well na... something my salary couldn’t have done....

So cos u followed d crowd in gambling, u couldn’t sit to think and find out reasons things are d way Dey are for most people and what u could do differently nor mean say u go just come Dey shout one thing wen I nor understand

8 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Liposure: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2021
Sundrus:
...u no dey gamble, u no dey smoke or drink...then u go surely dey womanize.
i like woman no be small
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Liposure: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2021
I need sure odds
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Cutehector(m): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2021
EhisChelsea1:

After being in govt employ and serving in a very good position for 7 years, I was struggling financially. I could barely get along and I struggled financially thru my masters cos the salary wasn’t really enough though the carry big title and name. PhD was out of the question cos I couldn’t afford it..

2017, I got introduced to sport betting by a colleague of mine. First 2 months, I won 2m and some change with a stake of 25naira on betpawa (called Wasere den). It was unbelievable but after that, I didn’t win anything again for the next 1 year plus....it was consistent cut one and all that...

...then I took a pause in late 2018 to have a rethink and find out why so much losses. And I came up with the ponzi mentality to sport betting which I call sport investment. The idea was simple. I realize the reason people loss; GREED and UNREALISTIC HOPE. Eliminate these two vices and u will get more profit out of it

... to me, if I could wait for 30 days to be paid 30% (1.30odds) in MMM or wait for 30 days to be paid 15% (1.15odds) in MBA or now wait for 30days to be paid 10% (1.10odds) in BARA, WHY CANT I BE SATISFIED WITH 30% every 2 days from betting?

...and trust me, it pays. This is the mindset to profitable sport investment.... in my office, if my P.S or Commissioner send person msg and I send dat same person msg, they will do my bidding first cos dem know say weekend, I go always make dem smile......

Even my oga wonders where I get money from that I spend and live as if i be yahoo boy.... and yes, my PhD is going well na... something my salary couldn’t have done....

So cos u followed d crowd in gambling, u couldn’t sit to think and find out reasons things are d way Dey are for most people and what u could do differently nor mean say u go just come Dey shout one thing wen I nor understand

you are following the rules in gambling, that is why it is paying you, my anger goes out to those who do not play by the rules of gambling.
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Rahkman: 10:15am On Jan 23, 2021
OmoOshodi:
but you like totoh....something must kill a man
guy u funny die grin
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Risingsunn: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2021
Jephson67:
i have never met a lady that bets o
I know of one ooo.
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Jack005(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Rushna27:
op is indeed speaking from experience but fact is dey won't listen cos it's already a footprint on dia head.... dis betting made my brother (blood) to be rusticated from Uniben cos he went as far as getting money at any means just to bet.... his whereabout Now is wot we don't know.. it's better u don't start at all..never u think of even giving it a try......
Really? So unfortunate!
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Dave0116(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Ecbatana:
You went into betting with the mindset to get rich from it and now it has almost ruined you. Gambling is not for the poor, it is for the working class, the middle class and the rich. Britain's backbone today is gambling. Why do you think they are the only people that control pool betting. Bookmakers and betting companies invest a lot of money. How do you think they make profit. Betting companies even have their adverts on many team jerseys. The biggest mistake you can make is to bet everyday. That is why when you walk into any bet shop, you'd see that there are those to whom it has become a full-time office. I only place bets on weekend matches. Let me not forget to add that betting is one of the major employers of labour and it's legal. Above all, do not bet with sentiment but with logic.

Verdict: big teams will always lose to small teams, there will always be match fixing whether with VAR or not else football is dead.

Listen to Kenny Rogers "the gambler" and learn. Play with what you can part with. Wise bettors can stake on just one match. Bet companies and promoters feed on your greed. The greedier you are, the more your chances of losing. The best options to pick at the moment are;

(A) half time over 0.5 or under 1.5
(B) the weaker team to score

NB: with the coroner virus pandemic, there is no more money from ticket sales but I can assure you that they are making more money than ever before. That is why the big teams will continue to fumble and the wise will keep cashing out.

grin
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2021
uthlaw:
which one is offshore?

Online betting sites like sportsbet.io or skybet or bet365. You might not be able to sign-up or gain access because of your ip-address is from Nigeria but VPN tools enable you to bypass these protocols. Also an internet banking account also enables automated and fast transactions to be easier and possible.

Like sportsbet.io, you can bet with ₿ btc which I don't encourage because it's a highly volatile and unstable currency but trons {trx} or stable coins like Tether USD {tusd} is better.

You can buy tusd here in Nigeria using Busha wallet and 1tusd is equivalent to the price of $1 {usd}.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by JMEN: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2021
3LACK:
Coming from a former hardcore betting guru.

I normally don't do this but I think someone needs to hear this.

This is an advice to anyone that may be rethinking starting this shit, to pls flee away(japa) cos this shit is a f*"king devil's scheme to destroy you... I still regret placing my first bet. First it makes you win big, makes you think there's actually an easy-quick way of making money after all, gives you hope and joy and later takes it back after you start loosing, which is inevitable, you start placing much more money, all your savings and later loans which you may think you can win big again and pay back but you won't, getting you into all kinds of trouble, making you sell valuables just to pay back, gaining nothing at long last except sorrows, frustration and regrets. pls never start betting cos it's like nothing you've ever done before... and If you still bet or gamble in any form pls do your best to stop before it's too late.

Remember there's nothing like sure odds in betting and no matter how big you win you will slowly and inevitably loose each and every penny one way or the other.

God be with us.

Betting to some is dangerous to some is a source of income...to me is a huge support to what I do for a living....I read this and was forced to check my online account data and I see for myself that in the last 2yrs I spent 1.1m+ in betting and my winning is 3.4m+ so u see my dear my advice to people who feel bet is a no go area is for you to desist from virtual or any robot game...go for live matches and at interval not as crazy as if you don't have any other business doing...I will also tell stop accumulating much odds and be using 100, 200, to play that can drain you more...most of all if you not lucky in booking please leave betting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by vincentjk(m): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2021
That's how this thing made my neighbour who is a respected elder in his church loose a lot of money and currently owning people here and there and looking tattered as well with little money to provide for his kids.

His wife kept reporting him to his friends but I think it's too late already because he's already addicted already.

Since I was born I've never played bet in my life. when I was 18, I recall I once came along some guys doing a kinda gambling in the market and it caught my attention so I decided to gamble and I lost my N720 in total, since then I swore never to involve myself in such easy-money getting thing again.

Be it MMM, ultimate recycler, forex, bets, bring 10k and get 10k back etc... I nor dey inside, if e pass to buy goods and sample for my small shop then sell collect money I nor dey inside, since morning I never sha sell but no wahala after all live na jeje.

3 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2021
obainojazz:
Nice and sweet until you are 40 and still depending on gambling as a source of income.
You on the path to addiction, na so e Dey start

Hahahaha, funny you.
I am 44years and will be 45 come March this year. born in March 8th 1976. what doesn't favour you doesn't mean you have to demonize it. I am a graduate, a masters degree holder and a HSE professional.

I understand crisis management and addiction. I have friends who raised money from these betting sites too and established legal businesses too.

I have a fish farm, a livestock farm of poultry and grass cutter and a vegetable farm of tomatoes, pepper and cucumber using greenhouse. My wife has a beauty salon and spa and a supermarket in Asaba, Delta State.

So my brother, plan your life and think big. Stop spreading your negative energy everywhere and if you need help, be humble enough to ask for help.

6 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Whitecoal711: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2021
masterfactor:
BETTING IS NOT A CURSE @ OP IF YOU CAN ABIDES BY THIS RULE

ONLY GAMBLE WITH MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE.....
only money one can afford to loose is a stolen money

5 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by DoubleEngine007: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2021
EhisChelsea1:

After being in govt employ and serving in a very good position for 7 years, I was struggling financially. I could barely get along and I struggled financially thru my masters cos the salary wasn’t really enough though the carry big title and name. PhD was out of the question cos I couldn’t afford it..

...and trust me, it pays. This is the mindset to profitable sport investment.... in my office, if my P.S or Commissioner send person msg and I send dat same person msg, they will do my bidding first cos dem know say weekend, I go always make dem smile......

Even my oga wonders where I get money from that I spend and live as if i be yahoo boy.... and yes, my PhD is going well na... something my salary couldn’t have done....

You made so much sense. This is the only way to hook bookies..
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by samuelson06(m): 10:49am On Jan 23, 2021
durubennie:
I bet with what I can afford to loose eg 100,200, 500 grin

With time the money would accumulate and it'd still be painful. Also, you lose precious time making forecast. A time you'd have plugged into something that brings more value.
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 23, 2021
vincentjk:
That's how this thing made my neighbour who is a respected elder in his church loose a lot of money and currently owning people here and there and looking tattered as well with little money to provide for his kids.

His wife kept reporting him to his friends but I think it's too late already because he's already addicted already.

Since I was born I've never played bet in my life. when I was 18, I recall I once came along some guys doing a kinda gambling in the market and it caught my attention so I decided to gamble and I lost my N720 in total, since then I swore never to involve myself in such easy-money getting thing again.

Be it MMM, ultimate recycler, forex, bets, bring 10k and get 10k back etc... I nor dey inside, if e pass to buy goods and sample for my small shop then sell collect money I nor dey inside, since morning I never sha sell but no wahala after all live na jeje.

You're right my brother.
The main issue I believe is that we lack financial education here in Nigeria. Managing money is one of the most difficult tasks to do talk more of managing peoples money.

Betting, Forex trading and Options trading is all the same thing to me. All you need to do is to either be mentored or be properly educated on the markets..

Betting, like forex trading and the likes is not meant for the poor and the uneducated. Is not meant for the unemployed?

Yes sometimes you lose money and you must have the stomach to lose money sometimes but you must learn how to create a safety net and use your leverage to make profits.

In this case, you make your money work for you.

Farming too is not meant for everybody as well. Farming requires modern skills and huge financial outlay and it's profits is also huge. Like this Nov/Dec period, I sold a basket of tomatoes for ₦20,000 and today the same is obtainable for ₦3,500. I made over ₦520,000 in two months and the raining season is coming in April/June. Presently, I am working on incorporating onions into my greenhouse farming project.

I presently employ 8 people and I pay them as at when due.

Depending on betting is like depending on the markets for survival which is dangerous. Own a business. build your business and invest in other businesses too.

Build your financial education. At best go get an MBA in any reputable institution or online.

Study novels on financial education.
Poverty like wealth is a mental condition. It lies in the brain. The rich will always get richer and the poor will always get poorer.

The betting industry is a billion dollar industry that can never be bankrupt. Learn to play for fun and not as a job or do-or-die affair.

Have a blessed day.

4 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by kgr8mike(m): 11:17am On Jan 23, 2021
masterfactor:

Kindly give me that money you can afford to loose. You will be more blessed. Thanks
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by God2man2again(m): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2021
Nobody wants you to be rich, The Yoruba adage says " Ta nfe Ani? Eniyan o f' eni f'oro"
meaning" Who wants you to be rich?
Nobody wants you be rich."

They have a way of collecting it back, it is like a bag with holes or fetching water with a basket.

They decide your destiny, they will make you to win and they will make you to lose.

Gambling will never allow you to think of how to make use of your God given talent. It will never allow you to discover who you really are. You will not use your inbuilt skills and talents.

It will plug you into zero thinking except gambling, all you will be thinking about is gambling, gambling, gambling.

Gambling has turned Nigerians to be another thing which I don't want to mention.

Apart from gambling, some other things can be done.
How would you discover it? When you are always working out stakes and figures.

This generation needs to be repositioned from gambling to imbibing the spirit of hard work which will last longer than gambling that is for a moment.

2 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by kgr8mike(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2021
obalize:

Hahahaha, funny you.
I am 44years and will be 45 come March this year. born in March 8th 1976. what doesn't favour you doesn't mean you have to demonize it. I am a graduate, a masters degree holder and a HSE professional.

I understand crisis management and addiction. I have friends who raised money from these betting sites too and established legal businesses too.

I have a fish farm, a livestock farm of poultry and grass cutter and a vegetable farm of tomatoes, pepper and cucumber using greenhouse. My wife has a beauty salon and spa and a supermarket in Asaba, Delta State.

So my brother, plan your life and think big. Stop spreading your negative energy everywhere and if you need help, be humble enough to ask for help.
Brother me! can u assist?
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by StainlessG: 11:34am On Jan 23, 2021
can't remember the last time i lost my cash to bookmakers
Nor com discourage me o
in less than two months I'll become a millionaire lOl

Liverpool vs Burnley, i play that match under 2.5
if u know u know

2 Likes

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by BabzVentures(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2021
Learn inplay trading on this link https://www.nairaland.com/6378382/inplay-trading
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by obainojazz(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2021
obalize:

Hahahaha, funny you.

Well at least you smart to establish a business but man betting has done more harm than good to people.
Maybe you benefited from it but I’ve seen young guys futures crushed due to addiction.
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 23, 2021
kgr8mike:
Brother me! can u assist?

Okay. how can I reach you privately.
Please, anytime I ask you for a dime in whatever disguise, please abort communication. Know it's not me.

A lot of funny things happen these days online. I will never ask you for money or to transfer money.

I need to know you and know how to assist you better. Privately please as this is a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nacoslim77: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2021
Betting is truly a curse, FACTS
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2021
Ecbatana:
You went into betting with the mindset to get rich from it and now it has almost ruined you. Gambling is not for the poor, it is for the working class, the middle class and the rich. Britain's backbone today is gambling. Why do you think they are the only people that control pool betting. Bookmakers and betting companies invest a lot of money. How do you think they make profit. Betting companies even have their adverts on many team jerseys. The biggest mistake you can make is to bet everyday. That is why when you walk into any bet shop, you'd see that there are those to whom it has become a full-time office. I only place bets on weekend matches. Let me not forget to add that betting is one of the major employers of labour and it's legal. Above all, do not bet with sentiment but with logic.

Verdict: big teams will always lose to small teams, there will always be match fixing whether with VAR or not else football is dead.

Listen to Kenny Rogers "the gambler" and learn. Play with what you can part with. Wise bettors can stake on just one match. Bet companies and promoters feed on your greed. The greedier you are, the more your chances of losing. The best options to pick at the moment are;

NB: with the coroner virus pandemic, there is no more money from ticket sales but I can assure you that they are making more money than ever before. That is why the big teams will continue to fumble and the wise will keep cashing out.

Coming from the professor of the game, baba I salute u, u sabi the game wella
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by ike95: 11:54am On Jan 23, 2021
masterfactor:

which money can you lose, 100 is a big money to lose please stop betting
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2021
obainojazz:
Well at least you smart to establish a business but man betting has done more harm than good to people.
Maybe you benefited from it but I’ve seen young guys futures crushed due to addiction.

You're right. I completely agree with you.
Financial markets can be really be frustrating when you lose money.

Trying to cheat the system also is not wise. That's when a guy will place ₦100 to win ₦5million!

Life itself is aggressive and most times not fair.

At first I used to resent betting. After I discovered that I can actually predict football outcomes, I started betting for fun. I won sometimes but lost most of the time because I was new to the markets. in due time I really met people who have been betting for years and making it. I learned from them but never put it unto practice until I lost my job.

I went back to my friends who guided me to raise capital and they're big spenders too.
Their neighbours call them yahoo boys but they confided in me that they don't believe in such nonsense. And I believed them when I saw their bank statements. Today am made and happy.

I was compelled to reply to this because I am a testimony and have seen people who have made it as well. You must be guided too.

That things didn't work for you doesn't mean it will not work for others. Most importantly, I hate the spirit of giving up. Sports betting didn't favour you. Go into other things.

Like Booker T will say, "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"!

1 Like

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Blackestjunior(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2021
I Don't even have interest in football talks or
I engaged myself with something serious . [/quo

Introduce me to that something SERIOUS
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by AbujaCitiBlog: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2021
Betting is only evil to those who are addicted to it. Period.
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
Betting is a curse but Forex is good because it is packaged?

E ti ya werey!

How do these fvcktards reason??

Oh my darling! Barca, Salzburg and Sittard. You’ve done me well and I can’t blame you for the woes you’re experiencing now.

1 Like

Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
ike95:
which money can you lose, 100 is a big money to lose please stop betting

N100 might be big to you...stop projecting your broke life on people...
Re: Betting Is A Curse! Stop. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
Ecbatana:

Well-done brother..
They don't know nor understand that betting is not meant for the poor and the uneducated. People go into betting without guidance and end up being damaged psychologically and retarded.

Don't love money more than you love yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele / Unveiling Nigeria’s Richest Players And How Much They Earn / Lewandowski Tops 2019 Goalscorers' List With 33 Goals, Messi Is 2nd, CR7 Is 16th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.