Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order (42088 Views)

Biden Calls Josephine, A Nigerian Girl & Her Father Who Contributed To Victory / Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban / Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Flamemignon1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
kingbee90:

You have heard worse & you still don't want to change from your evil & disgusting ways. I think you must be sick, weak, cursed, confused, indecisive & abnormal for you to be attracted to a man who has the same organs like you.
I ain't no murderer but the 2 categories of people I can waste & sleep peacefully at night are :
(1) Killers
(2) Gays.
Lol grin.... Man, i truly have heard worse. Have a beautiful night
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by StanleyO22: 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sammy07:

People have the right to make their own choices.

Why can't you question the Catholics popes that refuses to have wife nor sex.
How does it feels?

Just respect people choices simple.
You get Sense at all? Mumu
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Cutehector(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Omezif:
Biden will lose his honour as the president of american very soon because even those he doing because of them will turn against him, Biden should take time or else.
or else what. Mchew.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by kilonshele101(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sibtygarr:

"Morality exceeds human" is still a very big discussion.
And for most part of morality, it stays with human and if that is the case then
"normally any morally upright person would not care about what another person decides to do with their body"
would be a contradicting statement, because we human to a large extent determines morality, so if majority of us decides we don't want something and it doesn't make us happy then it means we don't consider it morally right.
One example is killing of animals, since most human don't see anything wrong in it, we instead see it as a survival mechanism then it is not morally wrong except for vegetarians. Now if vegetarians becomes the largest population, let's say 40 years from now, new born then would naturally think it is morally wrong to eat meat and by then anyone who eats meat would be doing something deemed to be morally wrong, and sincerely it would be morally wrong since majority of people aren't happy with such action.

So if gay don't make majority of people happy in a region, then it could be considered morally wrong when you're a gay.
I hope you understand?

You're wrong Mr.

Morality is different from normality

Norms connotes the standard behavior in a society (which is of course determined by the society) while morals connotes personal judgment of values (determined by individuals)

Something might be abnormal in a society not because it's morally wrong but because it's different from what the majority of the people are doing.

LGBT is abnormal not because they are faulty nor morally wrong, but because majority of us are straight.

You can't judge other people's morality
Morality is personal

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by dumahi(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Gwan2:
Hope Biden is not working in same step like Buhari. PMB got massive support from all quarters as the supposed messiah because people wanted change to statuo quo.

He ascended power and wanted to please those who bankrolled him and those who supported him through his policies, appointments etc. That resulted to the calamity we are facing now
The bolded is a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by guy222: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
I need an honest gay person to explain to me how it feels to be gay. I just can't understand it. If you ask me, I'll say it's a psychiatric issue that needed counseling and medication rather than legal recognition. This is my honest view and not meant to insult anyone.
They will never explain but rather countering every voice that speak out about against this vices that is about to destroy mankind. The must annoying thing is that right in the US constitution and in nigeria down here, it is written that trying to or commiting succide is a crime. If taking my own life or trying to take my own life is a crime why then should they be telling us about right and law?
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Flamemignon1(m): 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
AlfaB:

Can you explain to us how it feels to be stupid?
As a gay man myself, I don't think it's right to insult dumahi.... He's trying to educate himself although that question is really annoying because no one asks straight people why they are straight but he's better than most on this thread spewing hate and ignorance.
Two wrongs never make a right
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Benohio(m): 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
justli:

You're assuming that Americans want all these madness, no they don't. This is also been shoved down their throats. They too are struggling to keep the high morals that built the great country, but insane liberals like you are hell-bent on tearing it down...

Those who found America are morally upright and would never subscribe to the idea of usurping a normal law by some mentally sick elements... But welcome to the new world where everything queer is celebrated in the media, and conservative values are instantly tagged "white supremacists
the media are the ones promoting the sick psychologically abnormal lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Cheeryfeet: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
GodWrites:

Lemme make it easy to understand.

The way you love girls, that's the way gays love boys.

I don't know if that's simple enough.

You didn't choose to be straight, the same way they didn't choose to be gay.

You hit puberty and discovered you like girls.

Gays, on the other hand, discovered that they have no atom of sexual attraction toward the opposite gender.

That doesn't mean they can't be friends with them, but romantically, NO.

That disgust you feel when you think of being with a man, is the same disgust they feel when they think of being with a woman.

Being straight, gay, lez, bi, and so on are purely mental.

But since we have millions of gays who didn't choose to be gay, what do you suggest they do?

To live the rest of their life in a mental institution while you enjoy what you deemed normal?

They deserve to live happily, and that entails being with the person they love, without fear of being bullied.

You can't marginalized a group because they are different. That's insensitive!

Live and let live.
I don't understand how you try to present what is abnormal as normal. Even animals don't do such

2 Likes

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by kilonshele101(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
davidafe:
The default setting of every human is to be straight. But the imaginations of the heart led to this error, there is nothing like choice there, there are things you let happen to you, like conceiving the ideal of being gay and letting it dominate your person. Incase u are a Christian, pls read Gen 6, 8, and 11. In those chapters, God was first angry with mankind because they did stuff unimaginable including homosexuality, he decided to wipe out the earth safe Noah, later on after wiping the world with flood God realized the default mode of goodness in man had been reset by Satan, henceforth redemption plan was in had to place. I boldly say this, being gay is not normal and it will never be. If you are ain't straight, you need to accept Jesus Christ died to return Man back to our God given state first, then ask the Holy spirit to guide you made the right decisions and choices.

I still wonder why why we do say it's their choices, but is it the right choice?

Christianity is not the only religion in the world, get that in your skull.

Stop making life difficult for others because of your belief.

Stop acting like terrorists
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by theFilmtric: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by lizdammy: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
VEXT:
Is stupidity seeing gay's adopting babies been produced by two different genders.... Why can't they produce their own babies.. Rubbish
I feel you

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Charisma01: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
anastasius:
LGBT isn't your problem you Nigerians!!!!!!!!
Some of you have lesbians as mothers and gays as fathers but you won't know, yet you all act holier than thou. Gays are everywhere around you, you just don't know

Shut up abeg, what is evil is evil. Stop trying to justify it
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by EmekaA125(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
IlovePMB:
America is a sane society where every living being is given equal rights. Not in Nigeria where people won't mind their business. Because you are a Muslim, then every one must be Muslim. Because you like the opposite sex then everyone must do the same. The worst are those hipocrites who are closet gays but are quick to condemn gays so that they would appear normal in people's eyes. What of the IGP who went on drinking spree in Abuja with his fellow northern hipocrites and killed an innocent man under the influence of alcohol yet they would support Hisbah to destroy millions of alcoholic drinks in Kano and Kaduna. Zoogeria.
Are you gay
If not, you have nothing here to justify.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Munzy14(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
LGBT community has been a big support for biden.

Even before he declared his intentions, Ellen blew the gaff on her show.

It's pay back time to the support.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Brunosamel(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Brendaniel:
Well, I won't argue with anyone, but the truth is what is evil is evil even if the law says it's good, It's not everything you have the urge for you must act on, and even if you act on, your conscience should tell you it's wrong, a lot of people do bad things in secret but the difference is when it is done does your conscience talk to you or you have totally killed your conscience, enabling laws like this will help in conscience suppression which in turn will give rise to more evil habits without conscience... grin
You said it all what is evil is evil irrespective if the law supports it, I don't believe in equal right men and women wasn't created equal but the West has decided to turn every thing upside down... And try to enforce it on others

[/quote]
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by 12inchess: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigerians leave the Gay people alone. They are not our problem. They are not even up to 1% in our society. Face the poor infrastructure and underdeveloped country abeg.

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
bareal:

Just like thieves didn't chose to be thieves!!! Let's celebrate them too

They are born that way
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Shugargal(f): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
The �� state have been praying and working really hard to live in.. Catchaa sooner or later. Being a lesbian is the best thing God made in me. Let them come for me for I do not have any Bleep to give.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by WoundedLamb: 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I'm aware of the executive orders, aren't they everywhere one looks? I'm commenting on this specific topic, and if you are pro-gay rights, my comment shouldn't bother you. Rather you should be happy with bidens new stand as I've recognized its "importance". He wants to objectively and importantly change the world, for the likes of you, with gay rights, as if you gays haven't had rights all this time. Lol

You just fall into anything that people want you to believe is right. Once the West promotes it, it must be the best thing after sliced bread.

Go and tackle some other comments that debunk your gay stance. Do those ones scare you?

Lol... you're just trying to wriggle out and it's funny. So you were commenting on this specific topic and somehow that's justifies saying he left pressing issues like corona to concentrate on gay rights? Hehe... What kind of logic are proposing? Dude, you said he left other pressing issues to concentrate on gay rights and I'm saying that's not true cause he addressed a lot of other issues including the ones you mentioned. And voila, I'm called gay and a white worshipper. You just had to call me names to cover your wrong assertion I pointed out?

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by 12inchess: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
kilonshele101:

Christianity is not the only religion in the world, get that in your skull.

Stop making life difficult for others because of your belief.

Stop acting like terrorists

Abi oooo...If he were Japanese he'd probably be practicing Buddhism. If oyinbo no come colonize us, we would probably still be worshipping Sango and Ogun. Abeg make una free that matter

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by escapethecage: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
If you are gay admit openly instead of denying them but supporting and encouraging what they do. The knowledge of the percentage of gay among us will help us determine when the end will come. Please don't hide this vital information from us. The sin of SODOM will actually end this world.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Flamemignon1:

As a gay man myself, I don't think it's right to insult dumahi.... He's trying to educate himself although that question is really annoying because no one asks straight people why they are straight but he's better than most on this thread spewing hate and ignorance.
Two wrongs never make a right

Just like no one should ask paedophiles why they are paedophiles. It's an annoying question

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
justli:

You're assuming that Americans want all these madness, no they don't. This is also been shoved down their throats. They too are struggling to keep the high morals that built the great country, but insane liberals like you are hell-bent on tearing it down...

Those who found America are morally upright and would never subscribe to the idea of usurping a normal law by some mentally sick elements... But welcome to the new world where everything queer is celebrated in the media, and conservative values are instantly tagged "white supremacists
Just to correct you.

Over 60% of Americans support gay marriage it has been upheld by the supreme court.There are more liberals and progressives in America than conservatives many young Americans are in support of it and some conservatives have no problem with it.

Also you are just saying rubbish and is very ill-informed about things just go and research and learn.

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
Benohio:

So shouldn't we also give phaedophiles a chance too since they are attracted to only children. It's not their fault. It's their choice.
Children can't give consent so the analogy is stupid

1 Like

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
Discombulator:
Anyone of you that is homophobic and sees gay people as disgusting should stay clear of the USA,if you're against LGBTQ and still fighting to enter USA ogun go kill you and your household.
Hypocrisy should be criticized, your country that does not support LGBTQ is one of the least developed and the most horrible places on earth. So if you have a working brain you should start thinking and you'll sense a pattern
shut the fucck up my friend. Over half of US population detest gays just like everywhere else in the world
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
bareal:

Just like thieves didn't chose to be thieves!!! Let's celebrate them too
This argument is stupid very very stupid come up with a better analogy to counter it.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by 12inchess: 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Just like no one should ask paedophiles why they are paedophiles. It's an annoying question

A woman sees another lady and get attracted or a man since another man and gets attracted. It's not common and it's quite unnatural but even among animals, so same-sex copulation has been observed. Live and let live.

My grouse is with America trying to make other nations that don't want this gay stuff yet seem like the baddies. If things are going to change, then let them change organically from country to country. Its not even up to 10 years that gay marriage was allowed in America.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Jaqenhghar: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
I need an honest gay person to explain to me how it feels to be gay. I just can't understand it. If you ask me, I'll say it's a psychiatric issue that needed counseling and medication rather than legal recognition. This is my honest view and not meant to insult anyone.
The same way someone will look at you and ask how you think living in a shithole like Niggeria is normal. If you ask any sane person he will conclude that anyone who thinks that country is normal needs counselling and medication.
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Flamemignon1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
VirginFinder:

What happened to queer people keeping their oddities private Why tell me

What happened to "Don't ask?, Don't tell?"
And what happened to homophobes forcing their religion on everyone, what happened to separation of church from state? It's a democracy not theocracy, what happened to minding your business and live and let live?
Re: Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order by Salt06(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
E be like say gays full this thread o with the comments here. Sodom and Gomorrah loading...
God help us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

No Force In The World’ To Stop Israel From Invading Rafah -Netanyahu / Trump: Biden Only Won In The Eyes Of Fake News Media. I Concede Nothing / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.