Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) (8749 Views)

Guys Please Stop Doing This, Ladies Don't Like It(photo) / If This Man Gets Married, I May Not Be Able To Survive It (photo) / Most Women Today Are Just Low-Key Pr0stitutes And They Know It!! [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by talk2hb1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
Emmadoc:
Elon musk my role model made a huge grammatical error and people are waving it off because he's the richest man in the world.
He Might be Wrong Syntactically but he is right Semantically.
After all we understand what he is saying undecided

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by tarantino1: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Emmadoc:
Elon musk my role model made a huge grammatical error and people are waving it off because he's the richest man in the world.

This ain't the first he's doing it. He just doesn't care

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
OP which Mistake?!Instead of looking for ways to win the $100m you are here talking nonsense.
Someone,that has Created Cred for himself and is gaining More Street Cred by Donating to Charitable works and other Meaningful Meaningful Giveaway with His Money.
I Think,By Planting and Vegetative Cultivation We Can have a Great carbon capture.
Mumu Go Check,if I Win.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good English is not a yardstick for measuring IQ.
You see the number of likes, comments and retweets? That shows English is not really important but money is importantest grin
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by WoundedLamb: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
It means he's been writing like that for a long time and he's used to it. I so much dislike that 'construct' but I'm not sure it's entirely wrong given the linguistic freedom the Internet (globalization) has given us.

Some non native speakers use it mostly because the distinction between when it's acceptable and when it's not is not very clear. Omitting the "I" in the second clause of a compound sentence is grammatical:

I am a new student and am really excited to be here.

However, it's ungrammatical to omit the pronoun in a simple sentence or in the first clause of a compound sentence:

Correct: I am a new student.
Incorrect: Am a new student.

But then again, even native speakers do this sometimes when taking notes, scribbling down some information or texting.

In summary:
I am = formal
I'm = informal
Am = colloquial, extremely casual

I still don't like using only "am" cause it easily reduces the write-up to a scribble, and people who use it don't usually know 'when to stop'.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Benwallt(m): 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
He only left out 'I '. What about the one where the whole structure is crap
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Karleb(m): 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
BiggyB242:

This is the sole reason Nigerians are so corrupt, all we think about is money nothing else matter and most will do anything to get it.

Actually, it's the reason Nigerian are so poor.

All we think about is the unnecessary.

Your eyes should always be on the money.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:

He started a sentence with Am instead of I'm...
bst

No go hustle money

They there dey find mistake
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 4:55am On Jan 23, 2021
Poor people are very observant, if only that will make them millionaires it would have make sense
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by VulgarLee(m): 5:41am On Jan 23, 2021
You with you good English
Where you dey shocked
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by pointblank247(m): 6:18am On Jan 23, 2021
Jealousy no go kill you.
Better to write and speak bad English and have more than you need than to be a poor man in a s***hole
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Santaboris: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2021
I swear I saw it but I think to myself that why bother myself to be correct all the time . But which one is grave mistake .. Go put am for grave now lol.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by IBNDIEGO: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:

Because I no get that time bro
okay so na here you get time try get sense
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by fineboynl(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2021
instead of you to find the 100m you are looking for am.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by grim33(m): 7:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Seek help. Your brain is dead.
Emmadoc:
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Emmadoc: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2021
grim33:
Seek help. Your brain is dead.

Haha, I need you to do that for me.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Karleb:

Actually, it's the reason Nigerian are so poor.

All we think about is the unnecessary.

Your eyes should always be on the money.

That's why I love the white folks, they are contented. You can see a bartender living happily all he care about is having his friends and family around. In my country Nigeria, everyone wants to cashout but the in reality not everyone can be Dangote rich and the funny thing those who are desperate for the money usually don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by KingAlayinde(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:

Is he not a human to makes a mistake?? Wetin be our own to talk about it..... This is jobless post.. u better find work
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by DoubleEngine007: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2021
Africans and money grin Them don change am for op head. Actually the first thing my eyes saw there was the 100m dolls. The second was donate grin. It was the Am I saw last..
100m dollars on my mind wink

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by VictorUSA(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2021
OP, Elon Musk is not the wealthiest man in the world.Secondly, what will be the outcome of the criticism? will it change the mistake? if no, why must people criticise him?
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Emmadoc: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2021
KingAlayinde:

Is he not a human to makes a mistake?? Wetin be our own to talk about it..... This is jobless post.. u better find work

I swear, na joblessness cause am, abeg employ me boss
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Emmadoc: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2021
ednut1:
Have you ever eaten today

Correct your english. You no be Elon musk... Haha
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Emmadoc: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2021
BiggyB242:

This is the sole reason Nigerians are so corrupt, all we think about is money nothing else matter and most will do anything to get it.

Look how, they all attacked me.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 23, 2021
BiggyB242:

so this statement shows that all Nigerians are corrupt Nwanne I bu mkpi
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by QueenMay1: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!
Are you a gas vendor,a work at home mum or you love making extra cash?
Gas level indicator is available in wholesale
Be a distributor and make a reasonable amount of gain from this.
Almost every home uses gas and one of the challenges we all faces is our gas finishing without prior warning. This is another business Avenue and strategy for whoever is willing to grab it and make money In 2021.
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
https:///DAgY9BCJFQIEBY1IR4rD49

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Gerrard59(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:

When next you hear/read that "money stops nonsense", remember that tweet.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Gerrard59(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
BiggyB242:

That's why I love the white folks, they are contented. You can see a bartender living happily all he care about is having his friends and family around In my country Nigeria, everyone wants to cashout but the in reality not everyone can be Dangote rich and the funny thing those who are desperate for the money usually don't get it.

Well, you can become a bartender, no one is stopping you.

You want folks in the country with the highest number of poor people not to be concerned about their financial status because of one Brian whose government has provided a functioning society to live notwithstanding his profession?

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Numerouno94(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
Abeg i wish to b a billionaire nd lack gud speakin nd writing skills... A A Rano nor go skul self. Ur Buhari go skul?....
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by SETH03(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2021
[quote author=VictorUSA post=98352399]OP, Elon Musk is the Wealthiest man in the world, his total networth is estimated at 185 billion dollars while Jeff's own is 184 billion dollars.
Elon musk shares increased by $816.04, up nearly 8% but what do I know, I am just here analysing rich people money

Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
Gerrard59:

Well, you can become a bartender, no one is stopping you.

You want folks in the country with the highest number of poor people not to be concerned about their financial status because of one Brian whose government has provided a functioning society to live notwithstanding his profession?

There is nothing wrong with working hard/smart to make it, but the desperation is too much in this country. Is shouldn't be "get rich or die trying" affair.

Most wealthy people never knew they will be today. They just kept doing what they know how to do best.

Life na jeje.
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Depressed101: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:

He started a sentence with Am instead of I'm...
so long as the mistake doesn't remove a single dollar from his networth

By the way ever heard of auto correct?
Re: Elon Musk Just Made A Grave Mistake And Nobody Is Talking About It.(photo) by Slynation(m): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
Emmadoc:
I guess you ain't conversant with the word "Money stops nonsense"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me My Breast Is Too Small / I Want People To Get Used To Seeing Boobs - Nigerian Actress Bare Boob Live / Ladies Please We Need You Guys To Explain Wat U Mean When U Look @ Us Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.