Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

One Year For Hnd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / One Year For Hnd (1203 Views)

I Was Part Of Retrenched Staffs In 2 Good Jobs Within One Year 2015. (god Why?) / Level 8 Salary For Hnd Holder / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year For Hnd by RITABABES: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
Hi everyone, I need your opinion on this: I have SSCE and plan to study business management at Edexcel, duration is 12 months. (online programme, thru stratford college, lagos) I am wondering if one year is enough to get an HND? Will the Labour market accept my HND? Though they said the certificate will not reflect that I studied through their Lagos Centre and I can get a degree in another year on completion of the HND frm University of wales. It is one year because I have 5 years work experience. The fee is N800k.

Please advise me, thks.

Their link - http://www.stratfordacademy.net/
Re: One Year For Hnd by chamber2(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
Pls don't gamble with your hard earned money.Does it worth having a one year HND with 800k?I don't think it worth it.That money is enough to get Bsc,Msc and even Phd in any Nigerian university. With your over five yrs work experience,most schools may even consider you for an MBA. Pls think twice b4 you loose ur money
Re: One Year For Hnd by RITABABES: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2011
Thank you chamber 2 for your response.
Re: One Year For Hnd by Libra38: 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
[With your over five yrs work experience,most schools may even consider you for an MBA. Pls think twice b4 you loose your money]

@Chamber2

Can you please, expansiate on how does years of experience brightenes one chance of getting admission into various programme you have enumerated? and the scholls also.

Cheers!
Re: One Year For Hnd by chamber2(m): 1:27am On Apr 09, 2011
Yea, most business schools use work experience in lure of academic qualifications,especially for the MBA. If you have above five yrs of work experience, there are so many schools that will accept you for their MBA programs without you having a degree.Just google any business and check it out.
Re: One Year For Hnd by andrewsega(m): 8:22am On Apr 10, 2011
You must be sure that the college is real, most of those colleges are garage based and they are not approved

(1) (Reply)

Whre Can I Learn Interior Decoration Pls! / Vacancy For Chartered Accountant In A Fed. Govt Establishment / Pls I Need To Know Where To Take NDT Training In Benin City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.