Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

This Is What To Do To Be Born Again - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is What To Do To Be Born Again (6106 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by illicit(m): 9:59am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Does one who is not a Christian even care about the Christian concept of sin to begin with? undecided
Wouldn't that constitute futility on some level? undecided

Christains' can call it anything but everybody knows what's right and what's not....

We really don't need religion to decide that....
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:

Christains' can call it anything but everybody knows what's right and what's not....
Sin is not about what is right and what is wrong though...it is instead about the Contract/agreement set between God and those who will follow/Obey Him. undecided

For instance, it is not wrong to eat Pork meat since it is good food. But in the Old Contract which still exists between God and the descendants of Israel, eating pork is wrong. undecided
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2021
JourneytoEL:
Jesus clearly stated what it means to be born agin in John 3:3-5, he said to Nicodemus “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.a”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of Water and the Spirit

Please don't stop at water baptism, you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit to complete the rite of been born again. Read the book of Acts to see how the Apostles converted unbelievers.
That was why Peter told the unbelievers who wanted to become Born again Christians in Acts 2:38, to "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Kobojunkie:
You ignored the very verse where Jesus Christ in fact explained what it means to be born again...

MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- John 3:3

... also what was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his intro question and the reason, he gave, for coming up to the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?. Lastly, why is Jesus saying "truly truly I tell you" and talking about "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" to Nicodemus' John 3:2 blunt and opening remark, huh? I am sure, you're aware, that Jesus, always does this, He responds to what lies at the heart of something or somebody. Jesus in John 3:3, responded to what was in the heart of Nicodemus, by telling Nicodemus that no one can see and confirm all that Nicodemus has said about Him and say that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus except that person is born again. Isnt that so? Isnt that the words of Jesus and/or what He said about "born again", the phrase originally known as born from above or born from on high?

In fact, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by JourneytoEL(f): 10:10am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You ignored the very verse where Jesus Christ in fact explained what it means to be born again..
okay, we learn everyday, pls post the verse so i can learn
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:18am On Jan 24, 2021
JourneytoEL:
Well, maybe not what it "means" but what it is like for those who are born of the Spirit of God. John 3 vs 7-8.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 10:20am On Jan 24, 2021
JourneytoEL:
"1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.
2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.

4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?

- John 3:1-4

Kobojunkie:
Well, maybe not what it "means" but what it is like for those who are born of the Spirit of God. John 3 vs 7-8.
"7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’
8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
"
- John 3:7-8

John 3:7-8 is complementing whats already explained in John 3:1-4, that unless you are spiritual (i.e. born again aka born from high et cetera), like Nicodemus was, you won't be able to see the move and power of God enough to admit, acknowledge nor attribute it to God.

To be born again, though it is a given, is enigmatic, is what John 3:7-8, in a nutshell, is saying. Born again, is a sure thing that doesnt need to be taught, hence Jesus Christ never taught it except for the one time, that Nicodemus, in the middle of the night secretly turned up with questions that led to Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world mentioning it.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2021
Despite not being perfect, you still shower me with your grace and mercy. embarassed

Thank you, Almighty. ❤❤❤
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by JourneytoEL(f): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
i asked for means not like
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:

JourneytoEL:
The verses, as already provided above, are John 3:1-4, 7-8.

The means, by which you can know anyone is born again, is from, how they relate to, positively confess, admit, perceive, acknowledge, embrace et cetera the move and demonstration of the power of God
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by femi4: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:

That's not true

Some sexual sin are not sin to moralist
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 11:07am On Jan 24, 2021
JourneytoEL:
what it means to be born again can be found in His description/explaination of life lived according to the Spirit of God in John 14, 15 and 16.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2021
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 11:16am On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:

Kobojunkie:
Sin is not about what is right and what is wrong though...it is instead about the Contract/agreement set between God and those who will follow/Obey Him. undecided

For instance, it is not wrong to eat Pork meat since it is good food. But in the Old Contract which still exists between God and the descendants of Israel, eating pork is wrong. undecided
@illicit, religion, as in, religion that's true, pure and such God finds no fault or flaw in, actually, is one of the bona fide passes to enter into the kingdom of heaven with.

@Kobojunkie, from a Jewish concept POV, sin, is missing the mark of God, aka missing the standard of God. It is like missing to hit the bullseye circle mark on a shooting target. You either hit it or you miss it, lmso. You hit it right or you hit it wrong, lmso
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Lomprico2: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2021
AntiChristian:
Why didn't Jesus tell that ruler that came to meet him on how he could make eternal life to be born again?

What about Catholic, Anglican, Cherubim, Celestial, Synagogue, Jehovah Witness, House on the Rock,....?

you dey mind the religious nepotist!
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
JesusSonOfGod:

This is a continuation of the thread posted last Sunday. Below is the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6367302/born-again-only-way-make

To be born again, it means you are a new creature, your sins are forgiven. You nolonger have the nature of sin, you have become a member of the family of Christ. You have divine covering and you are a citizen of heaven. Your name has been written in the Book Of Life.

This does not mean you won't fall into sin atimes, but when you do, you come quickly to God ask for forgiveness and thrive by the help of the Holy Spirit not to do it again.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

To be born again, you will have to confess this from your heart;

"Dear Father in Heaven, I come to you in the Name of Jesus. I'm so sorry for my sins and the life I've lived. I ask you to forgive me and to cleanse me of all my unrighteousness. I confess you, Jesus, as my Lord and Savior. I give you charge of my life and submit to you. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and was raised from the dead and is alive today. I receive you right now into my heart. Amen."

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

If you have confessed this from your heart, then you are Born Again.

You will have to go to any Bible believing Church around you and ask to be baptized. This baptism is by emersion. I also advise that you begin to worship and fellowship with them.

I know Living Faith Church and Salvation Ministry conduct their baptism program every Saturday by 9.am or 10am.

Churches like;

Dunamis, Dominion City, Assemblies of God, Redeem, Deeper Life.... are also recommended.

Note also, there are many more Bible believing Churches out there.

Since you know some "Bible believing" churches,
Could you please list the "non-Bible believing churches" or the Koran believing churches too?

I'm asking for a brother who attends a "comprehensive physics textbook believing church."

1 Like

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Waylex21(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your Reverend Father, like the many false teachers and false prophets out there, is wrong, since that analogy does not fit with what Jesus Christ said to Nicodemus about the subject in John 3.

Well, Jesus said to Nicodemus that salvation consists of being born of water and the Spirit. That is baptism. You have not been able to fully grasp what Jesus said. To let you know the importance of baptism, Jesus Himself chose to be baptized and when John the Baptist questioned Jesus, He responded that it was for righteousness sake. The same Jesus before His ascension in Matt.28:18-20 specified what steps believers must take and baptism was clearly spelt out with the rite.

The Acts of the Apostles records the conversion experience of believers with particular reference to baptism. Saying some prayers is not enough to make one a born again. The baptismal aspect of being reborn cannot be left out.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by orunto27: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
Love everyone as you love yourself and in that case, you will not be unequally yoked with the Unbelievers.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Saig: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
JesusSonOfGod:

To be born again, it means you are a new creature, your sins are forgiven. You nolonger have the nature of sin, you have become a member of the family of Christ. You have divine covering and you are a citizen of heaven. Your name has been written in the Book Of Life.

This does not mean you won't fall into sin atimes, but when you do, you come quickly to God ask for forgiveness and thrive by the help of the Holy Spirit not to do it again.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

"Dear Father in Heaven, I come to you in the Name of Jesus. I'm so sorry for my sins and the life I've lived. I ask you to forgive me and to cleanse me of all my unrighteousness. I confess you, Jesus, as my Lord and Savior. I give you charge of my life and submit to you. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and was raised from the dead and is alive today. I receive you right now into my heart. Amen."

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

You will have to go to any Bible believing Church around you and ask to be baptized. This baptism is by emersion. I also advise that you begin to worship and fellowship with them.

I know Living Faith Church and Salvation Ministry conduct their baptism program every Saturday by 9.am or 10am.

Churches like;

Dunamis, Dominion City, Assemblies of God, Redeem, Deeper Life.... are also recommended.

Baptism is actually for forgiveness of sins(Acts 2:37-38); it washes one's sins away (Acts 22:16)
then God will add you to His Church(3:43-47)- The Church of Christ (Rom. 16:16)
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MoneyTrees(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
How did this ever got to fp?
Some of the NL mods be sneaking to smoke weed & they're smoking the wrong kush
Please change... Smoke Mali kush grin

JesusSonOfGod:

Churches like;

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
JeffreyOraz:
Born again this and that
It's funny that people think by saying some simple words they have become new beings, you guys should have sense for once.
Like a Reverend father I look up to once said, born again simply means baptism, not saying a bunch of words, if you aren't baptized you aren't born again.
And being baptized doesn't make you an official candidate of heaven, if you're a sinner, you go to hell, or so the Bible says

Kobojunkie:
Your Reverend Father, like the many false teachers and false prophets out there, is wrong, since that analogy does not fit with what Jesus Christ said to Nicodemus about the subject in John 3.

Waylex21:
Well, Jesus said to Nicodemus that salvation consists of being born of water and the Spirit. That is baptism. You have not been able to fully grasp what Jesus said. To let you know the importance of baptism, Jesus Himself chose to be baptized and when John the Baptist questioned Jesus, He responded that it was for righteousness sake. The same Jesus before His ascension in Matt.28:18-20 specified what steps believers must take and baptism was clearly spelt out with the rite.

The Acts of the Apostles records the conversion experience of believers with particular reference to baptism. Saying some prayers is not enough to make one a born again. The baptismal aspect of being reborn cannot be left out.
""The person who comes from above is superior to everyone.
I, a person from the earth, know nothing but what is on earth, and that's all I can talk about.
The person who comes from heaven is superior to everyone
"
- John 3:31

Sticking to the "born again" aspect only, now the three of una JeffreyOraz, Kobojunkie and Waylex21, have a stab and tell:
1/ How many times did Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, taught "born again" in His 33 and half years earthly ministry?
2/ What is the number of people, Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, had the "born again" discussion with?
3/ Give the total number of people Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, commanded that by themselves, they become "born again"
4/ Give 5-10 examples of how you can know that you are "born again" aka regenerated aka "born from on high", in the real, actual and original text sense aka "born from above"
5/ What correlation do you see between John 3:3 and John 3:31, lmso?
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by harmony75: 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
thanks God bless you ���

1 Like

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by ofiko123(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
Jesus is Lord... Happy Sunday everyone...

1 Like

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
I expected you to quote a verse that treats the topic directly, please quote the verse that says "do this and/or that to become born again" undecided

JesusSonOfGod:

Churches like;

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Jan 25, 2021
Waylex21:

Jesus Christ spoke to Nicodemus about being BORN AGAIN and not about SALVATION. Salvation can be seen as a sort of prerequisite to being born again since one first must believe in the person of Jesus Christ before anything else. undecided

That said, Salvation(which is from the condemnation of sin .i.e. Death) applies to all those who believe( also are baptized and partake in the last supper) in Jesus Christ. Salvation is redemption from the law of sin and death instituted by God Himself from the time of Adam, with the gift of Life bestowed on the one who is saved in it's place. undecided
However, as Jesus Christ made clear in His conversation with Nicodemus in John 3, of those who believe, only those who go on to become Born Again will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The rest, though also saved(have salvation) will not enter into Heaven. in other words, salvation does not guarantee anyone entry into Kingdom of Heaven since only those who become Born again will have a part in the Kingdom of Heaven, according to Jesus Christ in John 3.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? / NASA Finds Message From God On Mars / The Clergy Project: Godless Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.