Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

This Is What To Do To Be Born Again - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is What To Do To Be Born Again (6101 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Jan 25, 2021
Saig:

Baptism is actually for forgiveness of sins(Acts 2:37-38); it washes one's sins away (Acts 22:16)
then God will add you to His Church(3:43-47)- The Church of Christ (Rom. 16:16)
Precisely! John the Baptist baptized people to mark their repentance from their sins.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 4:58am On Jan 25, 2021
Saig:
Baptism is actually for forgiveness of sins(Acts 2:37-38); it washes one's sins away (Acts 22:16)
then God will add you to His Church(3:43-47)- The Church of Christ (Rom. 16:16)

Kobojunkie:
Precisely! John the Baptist baptized people to mark their repentance from their sins.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-JYtH5LjaOf0/WD4EpBZxBjI/AAAAAAABDu0/hODkTKTlG4sWta-BtM3QIp4FN_2pe64bACLcB/s1600/3.JPG[/img]
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by MuttleyLaff: 5:46am On Jan 25, 2021
Waylex21:
Well, Jesus said to Nicodemus that salvation consists of being born of water and the Spirit. That is baptism. You have not been able to fully grasp what Jesus said. To let you know the importance of baptism, Jesus Himself chose to be baptized and when John the Baptist questioned Jesus, He responded that it was for righteousness sake. The same Jesus before His ascension in Matt.28:18-20 specified what steps believers must take and baptism was clearly spelt out with the rite.

The Acts of the Apostles records the conversion experience of believers with particular reference to baptism. Saying some prayers is not enough to make one a born again. The baptismal aspect of being reborn cannot be left out.

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ spoke to Nicodemus about being BORN AGAIN and not about SALVATION. [s]Salvation can be seen as a sort of prerequisite to being born again[/s] since one first must believe in the person of Jesus Christ before anything else. undecided

That said, Salvation(which is from the condemnation of sin .i.e. Death) applies to all those who believe( also are baptized and partake in the last supper) in Jesus Christ. Salvation is redemption from the law of sin and death instituted by God Himself from the time of Adam, with the gift of Life bestowed on the one who is saved in it's place. undecided
[s]However, as Jesus Christ made clear in His conversation with Nicodemus in John 3, of those who believe, only those who go on to become Born Again will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.[/s] [s]The rest, though also saved(have salvation) will not enter into Heaven. in other words, salvation does not guarantee anyone entry into Kingdom of Heaven since only those who become Born again will have a part in the Kingdom of Heaven, according to Jesus Christ in John 3.[/s]
[img]https://media./images/26fbae902061a6cb53bba9f6c0a61d0d/tenor.gif[/img]
You're twisting the Jesus narrative, lmso

"9If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God,
and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved
11As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced
"
- Romans 10:9-11

You are correct that Jesus Christ spoke to Nicodemus about being BORN AGAIN (i.e. regeneration) and not about SALVATION. So what's the reason why Jesus Christ spoke to Nicodemus about being BORN AGAIN (i.e. regeneration) and not about SALVATION (i.e. redemption)?

The reason is because BORN AGAIN (i.e. regeneration) is a prerequisite for SALVATION (i.e. redemption). Except you are BORN AGAIN (i.e. regenerated) you can't have SALVATION (i.e. cant smell redemption, lmso)

Jesus Christ, made clear in His conversation with Nicodemus, in John 3:3, that its only those who have become Born Again, that can see the kingdom of God (i.e. that have faith to make them say, they SEE the move of God's Hand and so believe they witness the demonstration(s) of the power of the kingdom of God).

Jesus Christ, made details clearer, by upping the ante, in John 3:5-7, with saying that, aside the aspect of SEEING the kingdom of God, apparently, no one can enter the kingdom of God, unless he is born of water and the Spirit, lmso.

SEEING the kingdom of God and ENTERING the kingdom of God, aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I can see America, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I can enter America. I need valid travel document, valid entry permit, valid status et cetera in order to be legally and lawfully permitted entry into America, lmso. Without all requirements satisfied, I can only see America from the airport arrival. Would be denied entry into America. Would be prevented from entering America and of course get deported to where I started to make the travel from.
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Saig: 11:13am On Jan 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Have you read the passages I quoted up there for you?
Re: This Is What To Do To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
Saig:

Have you read the passages I quoted up there for you?
my response was simply in reaction to the statement you made about baptism in relation to forgiveness of sins..the rest mean nothing since when John the Baptist Himself baptized people... John did not have power to forgive sins, not wash them away. According to John, baptism was a mark of repentance from sin. Jesus Christ is the only one who forgives Sin...His blood, which we instead Drink, washes away out sins.

And since Jesus Christ did not perform any baptisms (in the book of John it is made clear that instead His disciples did the baptizing), it is safe to conclude that baptism remained as it was with John the baptist who taught them it... A sign of repentance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? / Christians: I See Vivid Things When I Close My Eyes Before/after/during Prayer / Mavenbox(m) Declares: I'm Actually Male, Not Female.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.