Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? (261 Views)

Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / What Do Churches Use Tithe, Offerings, Vows, Etc, For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? by cheango: 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
According to my own believe of the Bible, the sacrifices/offering and prayers of a non Born Again Christians and unbeliever are not acceptable or listen to by God.

But our pastors just want everyone in the church including thieves, Robbers, yahoo Boys , 419, Ritualist, Prostitute, corrupt government officials and politicians, to pay Tithes, first fruit and offering.

I have some Bible verses to back it up.
But am asking, Should non Born again Christians and unbelievers pay tithes, offering, or even pray to God?

Below are some verses for this :
Proverb 15:8
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but the prayer of the upright is acceptable to him.

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him.

Proverbs 28:9
If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Psalm 66:18
If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Isaiah 59:2
But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

Proverbs 15:29
The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
Re: Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Jesus Christ never asked anyone who believes in Him for either a sacrifice or an offering/tithe. I am afraid your understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ is warped since you are yourself in violation of His command not to store Old Wine in New wineskin and vice verse. undecided
Re: Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? by Deborah98(f): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
All these controversial topics sometimes has made many to doubt their faith. Please I beg you all whatever you know and feel is right in the sight of God and man do it. Paying off offering, tithe,seed of faith, pledges and so on all depends on your relationship with God and then your approach. If you are giving under compulsion or grudgingly I bet you,you just gave nothing,the Lord loves a cheerful giver that's all.
Re: Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Deborah98:
All these controversial topics sometimes has made many to doubt their faith. Please I beg you all whatever you know and feel is right in the sight of God and man do it. Paying off offering, tithe,seed of faith, pledges and so on all depends on your relationship with God and then your approach. If you are giving under compulsion or grudgingly I bet you,you just gave nothing,the Lord loves a cheerful giver that's all.
God did you call anyone to serve Him according to what the individual thinks or feels though, that is why He drew up a clear Contract(Old , New Covenants) in each case stipulating exactly what His commandments are, what promises He attaches to the obedience of the stipulated commandments, those qualified to take advantage of the contract, and even the length of the contract.
If all He wants is for you to wing it...go by your gut feeling. .. He would not have needed to specify these contracts, would He now?
Re: Is Tithe/offerings & Prayers Of A Non Born Again/unbeliever Acceptable To God ? by ENGINEERG(m): 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Correct
Deborah98:

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo; I Won't Take The Covid19 Vaccine / Fresh Springs / What The Scripture Means By Not By Might Nor By Power..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.