Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? (7728 Views)

Did Jesus Collect Tithes? If So, Where In The Bible Did This Happen? / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by fuckJones(f): 8:26am On Feb 04
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

2. can I pay my tithe in the different church fromt the one I attended?

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

5. can pastor says my church?

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Creamypie(m): 8:41am On Feb 04
Is tithe compulsory? No. (1). Jesus abolished it, in new testament. (2). Lets assume Jesus didn't abolish it, Making it free will , If u do things that God hates, ur tithe is equally useless to him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Creditalerts: 8:41am On Feb 04
Nairaland pastors and religious warriors over to u
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Samirana360(m): 8:41am On Feb 04
Tithe is spiritual

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Atarakpa: 8:41am On Feb 04
Bring it to me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by GanagiBitrus: 8:41am On Feb 04
Your Spirit bears witness that you know the correct answers to these questions. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by DiskJokeyManic: 8:41am On Feb 04
Una still dey go church?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Justoneweek: 8:41am On Feb 04
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by colossus91(m): 8:42am On Feb 04
Creamypie:
Is tithe compulsory?
. I don't think it is Jesus didn't pay tithe!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by RUDEBOYY(m): 8:42am On Feb 04
Go and look for a needy and give that money.... that's the right thing to do

24 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:42am On Feb 04
Uu
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by marlow1962(m): 8:44am On Feb 04
Pastors no go chop my tithe again

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by GlobeTrotter2: 8:44am On Feb 04
Why do we have these curiously rediculus threads on Sundays.

What agender are you pushing SEUN?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by fuckJones(f): 8:45am On Feb 04
Creamypie:
Is tithe compulsory?
another big question?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Roger3D(m): 8:45am On Feb 04
You should not be paying any tithes whatsoever. You're just funding the lifestyle of your pastor. Tell your pastor to go and get a real job instead of scamming believers cos even the apostle Paul was a tent maker

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by fuckJones(f): 8:45am On Feb 04
Creditalerts:
Nairaland pastors and religious warriors over to u
we are here, am the deacon

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by tunde1200(m): 8:46am On Feb 04
Tithe is only necessary not compulsory if not wrong.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Feb 04
If you open your Bible you'll never find any answer to any of those questions!

Even the holy spirit doesn't have answers here!

Every Christian will just choose what to believe!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by superCleanworks(m): 8:48am On Feb 04

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by fuckJones(f): 8:48am On Feb 04
Samirana360:
Tithe is spiritual
spiritual as in what please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by femi4: 8:49am On Feb 04
fuckJones:
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

You are not mandate to pay tithe or any type of monetary title in the first place.

Just give or park well and watch others give. Nobody will arrest you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by GreatAchiever1: 8:50am On Feb 04
If only Christians will learn to start opening their bibles more.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by khalling2008: 8:53am On Feb 04
Mugu must pay.
If you no pay your tithe how your pastor go see money Bleep ashawo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Nazgul: 8:54am On Feb 04
If you don't feel comfortable giving it to your pastor, look for a needy person (maybe a widow) and give to them. The goal is to use it to bless someone's life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Samirana360(m): 8:54am On Feb 04
fuckJones:

spiritual as in what please?
it is biblical... And Bible is a spiritual book....
Can't explain more than that!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by aktolly54(m): 8:55am On Feb 04
accordadoga22:
Hehehe

Must you pay tithe at all?

Does Elon Musk pay tithes?

Does Dangote pay tithes?

If at all you must pay, must you pay to your pastor?

Just go to any church where they worship under mango tree or inside one building that's not completed and pay your tithe there.

Na dat kind pastor need your tithe not one that has three Lexus jeeps and two Benz already
Elon musk pay tax incluing dangote. tax is synonym to tithe in Christendom
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by emerged01(m): 8:55am On Feb 04
fuckJones:

If you want your seed to yield fruit mind the soil(church). It is your duty to know the right place to sow seed just like a farmer.
If you are going to a wrong church it will affect your spiritual life,just like a seed in a wrong soil.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by pfadom: 8:58am On Feb 04
Is the tithe meant for the pastors? You don't give because of the attitude or the character of any man, no matter how big or small; you only follow God's instructions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by FFIA: 8:58am On Feb 04
Trying so hard to justify gullible behavior again. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Majek Fashek A Prophet / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / Ronaldo Rejected Million of Dollar frm Pepsi TV Bcs they Funds Israeli Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.