Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Way Out - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Way Out (1041 Views)

My Moms Tears Weaks Me Each Time I Try To Find My Way Out / Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / "Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Way Out by Graxie(f): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
Try school to see if you can get a job. Start working even without his consent. Start from there, then make up your mind if the marriage is worth it.

I don't know why your family will be comfortable with a man that doesn't want you to work and he is not taking care of you.

Please tell his family your truth, record it for posterity sake.
Re: Way Out by Teleprompter(f): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
How can you think of leaving them behind. Your heart is not in the right place.

If you are being abused, you should never think of leaving your kids behind.

It’s not going to be an easy journey but it may be necessary. Send me a DM on Twitter @polls4naija if you care.

Momful:

yes, I'm thinking of leaving them behind. I can't take care of them anyways but he can't take care of them either with no nanny
Re: Way Out by mosdii(m): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2021
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them
Re: Way Out by mcdokwe(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2021
Leave, but please do not burn the bridges, your leaving might just make him realize how frustrated he has made you and decide to turn a new leaf.
Re: Way Out by LadySarah: 9:24am On Jan 27, 2021
whatever it is, I'm hugging you from here.You can go out with your baby tied to your back Apply to schools even if it's a minders job, they may wave fees for your baby while you earn something.Ask church members for graduate trainee vacancies or those who you can learn and pay gradually.

plz try to stay safe by staying out of his way.Dont reply him other than what's necessary and don't talk back .This stage is a very dicey one. Once accusations starts flying, worse is coming. The religious mafia has prophesied to him and it's a lways the fault of the woman.

Other woman reading this listen, there's no respect and dignity like having something doing for yourself. Find your feet at least after your first child , I still repeat find your feet before thinking of leaving and never without those kids. Some men are veiled physicatric patients .

God help my sister. It is well

1 Like

Re: Way Out by Juliearth(f): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2021
Your situation is really a toxic one. I am sorry about your ordeal. For the first time ever, I think I would agree with you being separated from your husband. However, how you plan on doing it is what I am not comfortable about. You stated that your mother is financially handicapped. I think it would be a bad idea to move in and add to her burdens. You should work out an exit plan. Are you entitled to any upkeep/welfare money? Make a conscious effort to safe up. Dust up your CV too and begin job hunting. Sometimes, what it takes is grace and not work experience.

I wish you all the best. Extend my warmest hugs to your children.
Re: Way Out by Juliearth(f): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
Avoid divorce at all cost. Divorce will come back to hunt your kids and later in life hunt you in your old age.

Most of people online advocating for divorce doesn't even have a boyfriend or girlfriend talkless of ever being married. Avoid those opinion by all means.

Nothing is stopping you from using your certificate to earn a living if you find a job

She should remain in the marriage, even though her health and in the long run her life is threatened?
Re: Way Out by Juliearth(f): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
Avoid divorce at all cost. Divorce will come back to hunt your kids and later in life hunt you in your old age.

Most of people online advocating for divorce doesn't even have a boyfriend or girlfriend talkless of ever being married. Avoid those opinion by all means.

Nothing is stopping you from using your certificate to earn a living if you find a job

I can guarantee you that with a narcissistic husband like op's, she may not attain old age. A lot of women are in their graves and mental homes today because they held on to your line of thought. She needs to be far from him and if perhaps he feels anything for her, her absence would give him room for sober reflection.
Re: Way Out by FloraEC(f): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2021
Momful:

I have been thinking hard and deep, there isn't a better way out then

but I won't give up either,I desperately need sanity

Please get a family planning cos he'll surely pregnant you and use it to tie you down.

It's well
Re: Way Out by iamL(f): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
Momful:

I didn't want to dive into so much details.., but the part about me hawking.., my sis once tried sending me jewelries to sell. he seized them and accused her of trying to introduce me to prostitution.

I have always been told to hang on by both families and I have done that and more.., but things went from worse to worst to unbearable

I now wish that I had not listened to them then and walked.., things are so so complicated right now

U are in a toxic marriage. U know what is best for you.
Re: Way Out by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
FloraEC:

Please get a family planning cos he'll surely pregnant you and use it to tie you down.

It's well

Thanks
I'm no longer naive now

1 Like

Re: Way Out by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
iamL:

U are in a toxic marriage. U know what is best for you.

I do know
My three kids are my biggest dilemma

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's A Husband Benefits ? / Confessions Of Desperate Women / Am Pregnant For My Half Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.