Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order (19640 Views)

Ultimatum To Herders: SANs Back Akeredolu, Insist Action Not Unconstitutional / Akeredolu’s Order: Ondo Tackles Presidency, As Villa Defends Herdsmen / Fayose Reacts To Fayemi’s Emergence As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by tplayer: 9:43am On Jan 26, 2021
I don't get it. So once you register, you can continue to live in the so-called forest reserves?

This will destroy the flora (plants) and fauna(animals) contained within them.

OK. Just watch how there will be no more forest in a few decades from now.

This decision is not a sound environmental decision. That's my issue with it.

This is an unwise decision made on the altar of political expediency.
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by Deepthoughts: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2021
[quozte author=adenigga post=98450146]

https://m.punchng.com/News/Herders-registration-begins-NGF-Miyetti-Allah-back-Akeredolus-order

[/quote]I really wonder how this programme is going to be a success,are the herdsmen going to voluntarily come for the registration or the state government officials would go round the forest registering the herdsmen?,the simple solution to the herdsmen issue is ranching or grazing reserves even if it means some form if government financial initial support with a provision for pay back, the state governor's need to be firm n resolute about it that's all, this is really an opportunity lost,, unfortunately the rest of the country is always confirming to the fulanis that if they press hard their interest can always be accommodated even at the detriment of host states n communities so all they need is patience n a step at a time to their ultimate goal.
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by Viicfuntop(f): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2021
post=98450511:
Good step in the right direction.

Necessity is truly the mother of invention.

After this,
Then the Government should move towards the establishment of Cattle ranches as it is being done in saner climes...
This will be a very good opportunity to get that fixed also,

Although sane and honest Nigerians should not be surprised when some swines start wailing that why is the government using their tax (sic) money to build ranches.....same ranches they have been wailing about for few years now.
Even if they are told that the ranches were built by private investors, they will never and can never believe.
Nothing will ever make them happy in life, all their lives is to wail 24/7.
Frustrated troublemakers.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

God bless you.

BTW,
We no be brother o,
We are simply WE!

Cattle ranches should be established in the north, their home
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by Princewell2012(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2021
Ogbuu101:
Abokki scamming afonjas over and over again grin grin cheesy cheesy
So, after registration, what happens?
The criminal terrorists and kidnappers inhabiting your forests will just pack up n go just like that?
Will northern Muslims tolerate a group of Yorubas or Igbos to come to their forests and camp and sometimes be associated with serious crimes like kidnappings?
Who lives in forests in this 21st century?
Why can't foolanis rear their cows in ranches as done all over the world,must every rule and convention including school admission processes,fed govt job appointment etc be bent in Nigeria to accommodate northern muslims deliberate choice of backwardness ?
The koko of the matter is that the so called law abiding ones are the green grass in which the criminals hide.
And is it not d same innocent herders that bring out AK47s once a farmer challenges them for leading cows into their farms?

Hmm you are not far from the truth. But this process will help in checking their excesses. At least they will think now before they do anything, I think is is a right step in a right direction.

Do you know why Americans or America is secured? The answer is not far fetched.
1 they have have a very good data base. Even a day old baby is registered.
2, CCTV camera is everywhere, no hiding place for criminals, before you do anything in this kind of place you will definitely think twice. Do you agree with me?

God bless you.
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by focus7: 10:58am On Jan 26, 2021
This is the result of braveness from Akeredolu
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by SirGod: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
Alexis11:

The truth is you can't eject a whole tribe from your region just like that but you can checkmate their excesses.

I'm not leaving in my own region of Nigeria as well imagine telling me to vacate all I'm doing here and relocate just because some of my tribesmen are misbehaving.

Are you terrorising where you earn your living? If no, then why are you comparing yourself with them?
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by luluman: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
Supan:
Kudos to Sunday Igboho, Gov Akeredolu, every well meaning Nigerians who were courageous enough to speak out when it mattered most.

With a standing ovation and round of applauses, let us honour them
I concur
Re: Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order by adekolaelect(m): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
Registration of killers, and kidnappers, the problem just begun.
Do you have any meaningful solution than that or your bitterness minded just like to witness unrest news everyday?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Members Of The Technical Aid Corps Deployed To Serve In Rwanda (photo) / Oshiomole Talks Tough To INEC Chairman Over Election Postponement (video) / Ogun Gov, Tinubu Express Grief As Ex-deputy Gov, Ogunleye Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.