Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe (767 Views)

Biden Threatens Financial, Visa Sanctions Against Nigeria, Others Over Anti-gay / Doyin Okupe: My Gay Son, Bolu Will Still Be Celebrated In Nigeria And Globally / Yes I’m Gay - Bolu Okupe, Son Of Former Presidential Aide Doyin Okupe Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by ebukajay184: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2021
''Some Of The People Who Signed The Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe (Video)

Bolu Okupe, son of former presidential spokesperson, Doyin Okupe, has kicked against the anti-gay law stating that some of those who signed the law in 2014 are gay themselves, IgbereTV reports.

Bolu Okupe recently revealed to the public that he is a gay man.

Bolu stated this during a live video session, he had on Monday night January 25.

The anti-gay law was signed by former President Goodluck Jonathan in January 2014. The law bans same-sex marriages and relationships in Nigeria and prescribes a 14-year jail term for anyone caught in the act. Bolu's father, Doyin Okupe, was serving at the time as a spokesperson of the Jonathan administration.

Speaking during the live session, Bolu said

With the whole 14 year law, I bet you for a fact, some people who were signing or voting for that law are gay themselves. It's riduculous.

If you look at it statistically, you would know for a fact that a few people who voted on that law would have been gay themselves''

He also took on women who are homophobic. According to him, women should be the ones pushing for acceptance of gay men so they do not end up marrying gay men. According to him, many women are married to gay men.

''I do feel sorry for the women.You wome should be fighting more for acceptance because a lot of you guys are married to gay men. I am sorry but your whole lives are a sham, fake. Your husbands are living in secrecy and leading double lives. I feel like some of you know and some of you don't mind because your husband is rich but some of you don't know but discover later and it's heartbreaking.

I feel like you all should be pushing for acceptance more so that you don't end in situations like this. Me personally, I would never want to be in a situation where the person who I call my lover or who I am married to does not even like me or is living a fake life. It's a lot.

I don't feel like any woman deserves that so that is why I feel like women need to stop being homophobic and push for acceptance so you don't find yourselves in situations like that because a lot of you are married to gay men whether you like it or not, whether you want to accept it or not. That is a fact''

He also took a swipe on Christians who are quick to point out that homosexuality is a sin. He averred that many Christians sleep with themselves, whether married or single, but never see it as sin.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludJLStlOBk

https://igberetvnews.com/1380435/people-signed-anti-gay-law-gay-bolu-okupe-video/

Lalasticlala

Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by habsydiamond(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2021
Before nko.... 14years na small thing

Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 26, 2021
It is a lie.

Why do gays always accuse people of being gay when they don't agree with their act.

It is like saying rapists create laws to stop rape.

does it make logical sense

1 Like

Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Ogilinsaka: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2021
From all indication, this man is utterly embarrassed by his son's coming out of the closet as gay hence all this holding brief for his son upandan
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Righteousness2(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
It Does not Matter who signs or who does not sign, it is Evil. It is Abomination.

There are Personal Punishments and National punishment for these evils.

When a Nation signs such laws, the Nation is raising its fists against GOD ALMIGHTY and saying yo HIM, "Do your Worse"

We Must Fear GOD and refuse these Wickedness Else We experience the Calamities and Disaters Hitting the Nations in these last days.

1 Like

Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by TheStakeHolder(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
wonderful
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Liposure: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
The world is straight
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Ddokie: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
Homosexuals have been in the world since time immemorial and would be in the world till the very end.

That does not change the fact that it is an abnormal act. And this act is an act that affects life directly. So it is not one of those activities one can say was unacceptable in the past but has become acceptable today and there is no problem.

When homosexuality is generally accepted, it would bring a barrage of problems with it.
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by seborrhic: 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
Is that the point?
Anatomically,biblically and even health wise one man having feelings and sexual urge for his fellow man is bad and beyond comprehension.
It's actually perversion but the world wants it to be seen differently,as a choice.
Very soon sleeping with animals would also cease to be illegal and a perversion.
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by CodeTemplar: 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
They are right, will your father have you if he was gay?
Re: ''Some Of The People Who Signed Anti-Gay Law Are Gay Themselves''- Bolu Okupe by Flamemignon1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
Unless you are living under a rock then you should know that lots of politicians have gay relationships same goes for some entertainers

(1) (Reply)

We Have Rejected Femi Fani-kayode From Defecting To APC - APC governors DG / Shocking Moment Kidnappers Tried Kidnapping NBA Vice Chairman In Abuja / Confusion Struck The Camp Of Operation Restore Peace In S, Officers Get Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.