Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Help! How Do I Create Drop Down Menu - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! How Do I Create Drop Down Menu (550 Views)

Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow / Help! How Do I Add Drop Down Menu To A Webpage / State In Nigeria As Drop Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Create Drop Down Menu by georgem(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2011
i use one of this do it yourself web development package and now i'm stuck with creating drop down menus please help me out or you can give me scripts to insert in my site to do that for me
Re: Help! How Do I Create Drop Down Menu by JAVAclinic: 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
Which WYSIWYG are u using, If u are using Dreamweaver CS series,

CLick on insert and use the spry menu bar features,
it has drop down menu,
Re: Help! How Do I Create Drop Down Menu by yawatide(f): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
In the time it takes you to figure out via WYSIWYG, you could have done it from scratch, by hand.

1) Your main nav will consist of UL and LI, with the LI floated left.
2) Your dropdown will consist of regular UL and LI (not floated).
3) You then hide the dropdown, via css (display none)
4) Via javascript, when you hover over an LI from #1 above, you change display from #3 above from "none" to "block".
5) Consequently, when you mouse out, you do the vice versa of #4 above

Sure, you can go ahead and use your WYSIWYG, it's your call. In the long run though, it is imperative you know how to do stuff by hand, as "difficult" as it might be, for your own code and marketability in the market.

good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Opt-in Form In My Blog / How To Install Joomla / Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.