Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) (103226 Views)

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Harrison Gwamnishu Builds House For Parents For Their Support When He Was Jailed / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by doctorherbal366(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

Paint the outside white, to reflect as much heat as possible and add a few layers of insulation.

Someone would need to try it out to fully know whether it can be conducive in this environment.

there is nothing the LORD can not do!
you need proper planning to get this succeeded

but in anyways we all just needs to use our GOD given brains and stop complaining about the government
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Mypeople2(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
That is a wonderful idea.But to burn the house go easy especially during the crisis period in the North
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by thaoriginator: 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
Theoarhics:
The only good thing I have heard from the north in recent time
bloodclaat mumu
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Dboytruth(m): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2021
Earthquake resistant shocked shocked
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Segzy19:
I can't give you an estimate but I know that the containers are costly. You will surely spend 100s of thousand per container. You get to buy the containers in bulk at the port (Apapa, if you are in Lagos) or some abandoned ones used at construction work camp site

Nigerians just make everything difficult. Another option which I believe is cheaper is making compressed stabilized earth bricks from limestone and river sand to build your house. You don’t even need an AC in your house because your structure will not conduct heat, so your house will naturally be cool. You can also use earthbags. No need buying expensive Dangote cement.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by doctorherbal366(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
GistFullGround:

It's not his idea; it's allover YouTube.

Do your research

i have already did that a very long time ago.

for there is nothing the LORD can not do!

for he is the one who created the human minds.

the next phase mankind will see is using laser beams (concentrated light) to construct and to build houses just as we use cement blocks here in Nigeria.

the human minds can control the whole universe and that's the power the LORD GOD has given us
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
uuzba:

Look, just keep tabs on the design the man did..let uss see how it goes after 1 year, 5 years.
Keep records and learn from history. We can't keep condeming anything we don't like or understand.
Let the man prove to himself and to us after 10 years, that the house was indeed a good idea.

Ok Sir,

But when I say "sustainable", it's beyond being synonymous to "long lasting". I'm implying, that, his technology can hardly be reproduce in a cheap and EFFICIENT way. The time and energy used to fill each of those bottles with sand can cost as much as making a block. Also, how much PET bottles can people obtain to build a house like this? I guess there is more to it than just picking them on the road. How does he get to install MEPs? Mind you, he can't take out any stack, they are all tied together. Unlike blocks that you just break to install an appliance.

Sincerely, there is nothing renewable here. Than for him to use the word Renewable Energy, he better use the word Waste Recycling.
And a really inefficient way of waste Recycling.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by ceaser: 1:12am On Jan 27, 2021
Of course this is highly bullet proof.

Effective against high velocity bullets just like clay bricks, something that cement bricks lack.

Edited: I just realized that the bullet proof nature was mentioned.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by BaronBiafra411(m): 1:23am On Jan 27, 2021
grin grin Arrant nonsense...where are the bottles undecided
And the house shocked grin
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by ayusco85(m): 1:49am On Jan 27, 2021
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Just a stick of matches everything turn to dust

Lazy student, u didn't read the post yet u are commenting as if u know what u are saying grin

The plastic bottles were filled with sand
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Slurity(m): 2:02am On Jan 27, 2021
Cutehector:
You mean am . Nupe girls will be awed at this.
The aim of the project is not to Awe Nupe girls remember.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Slurity(m): 2:04am On Jan 27, 2021
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Just a stick of matches everything turn to dust
Are You sure you also uses brain to think like every other person? Olodo should be your first name
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by IYANGBALI: 2:04am On Jan 27, 2021
How did he did it?
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:12am On Jan 27, 2021
Zooposki:

Lol.
Are you a civil engineer or into building construction??

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by govomotors: 3:30am On Jan 27, 2021
UncleHaba22:
How did he thought of this idea creative man cool

In Kaduna
Herdsmen veiwed this post

Similar thing was done in East Africa several years ago.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by souzadchef(m): 5:37am On Jan 27, 2021
Zooposki:
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.
Nice, I recently saw something exact on Tayo Aina's YouTube Channel and elegant interior too.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by rummmy: 5:43am On Jan 27, 2021
Always thinking backwardness..... North shaaa
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Fheelzz(m): 6:21am On Jan 27, 2021
Zooposki:
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.

Lets make it a reality smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by nonxo007(m): 6:23am On Jan 27, 2021
TheStakeHolder:
You must be stewpid for quoting me
No sir, I'm not stupid. I'm just tired of seeing young Nigerians that's instead of talking about the progress of the nation and how to make things right for equal rights for all are busy spewing unnecessary hate for tribes and cultures mean while you are busy suffering, your life isn't secured, you have no good job. Shame on all of us. Shame!!!!
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by somehow: 6:23am On Jan 27, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
stupidity

Until you see that of Oyinbo, then you start shouting "These Oyinbos are gods".
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Tlyon(m): 6:25am On Jan 27, 2021
when that kind rain fall wetin go be the result ooo.nice creativity
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 6:33am On Jan 27, 2021
Holluwatarhyor:
Are you a civil engineer or into building construction??

Not at all. I just drew a picture of what I wanted my house to look like.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Cousin9999: 6:43am On Jan 27, 2021
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by TheStakeHolder(m): 7:15am On Jan 27, 2021
nonxo007:

Yes sir, I'm very stupid. I'm not tired of seeing young Nigerians that's instead of talking about the progress of the nation and how to make things right for equal rights for all are busy spewing unnecessary hate for tribes and cultures mean while I am busy suffering, my life isn't secured, I have no good job. Shame on all of me Shame!!!!

No wonder, I see
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2021
Viciheaka:
pls can you explain

Non biodegradable, toxic to people and animals, and causes pollution.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by nengibo: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2021
UncleHaba22:
How did he thought of this idea creative man cool

In Kaduna
Herdsmen veiwed this post
I also wonder how did he thought too
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by nonxo007(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2021
TheStakeHolder:

No wonder, I see
Shame !!!! People are rapidly progressing in life of stop misusing your self, make progress and learn to accept the truth. Shame!!!
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Offpoint1: 8:06am On Jan 27, 2021
Zooposki:
Wee you bee leeving haylone? Save one room for me abeggrin

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2021
Offpoint1:

Wee you bee leeving haylone? Save one room for me abeggrin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by DeAlphaMale(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2021
This house go dey very sweet to burn grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.