Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff (94004 Views)

CDS, Gen Leo Irabor: Suspects Linked To Owo Church Massacre have been arrested / Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign / General Leo Irabo Pays Unscheduled Visit To Wounded Soldiers In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
[s]
blaqoracle:
igbos don't exist in agbor. Ika is an anglisization of eka- People that migrated during the era of ekaladerhan in Benin.
[/s]

AGBOR PEOPLE ARE AN ANIOMA CLAN, THAT SPEAK AN IGBOID/IGBO LANGUAGE.

WHERE DID BENIN ENTER IT?

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
WE JUST NEED TO HIT THESE CLOWNS WITH FACT.
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
congratulations to our southern brother for the elevation may God give him wisdom to serve the people rather than being an instrument for destruction.
secondly
for those of you arguing the name " Irabor"....
the name is 100% Edoid word which is sometimes pronounce slightly differently by the various Edoid tribes
for example in Benin there is a saying that " the wrong speaking of Benin is what Esan is made up of" also " an Urhobo man begin to speak Benin when it become difficult for him."
this particular name is common among all the Edoid tribe just that the first letter "I" is mostly change among them.
if you observe the early obis in Agbor and their palace chiefs, they mostly had Edo names and some of them still retain their surname till date just like this Irabor case
the population among Ikas may have been another dialect but the royalty is of Edo origin
so don't be surprise seeing an Ika/ Agbor man answering Osagie, Irabor, Ogbemudia, Eboigbodin, Ilahor, Erhahon, Ovia etc as surname because you will agree with me that surname tells a man true origin
similar names in Benin are
Erabor
Okunbor
Idubor
Osunbor
Otabor
Ogunbor
Ogbebor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor
etc
let me keep it meaning first
if an Igbo man says the name is their own let him tell us the meaning
so we can be done with this

in this case of argument, the different between an ika man answering an Edoid name and an Edoid man answering a Yoruba name is that in the case of Ika Urhobo, Esan Benin etc tribe answering Irabor, Ogbebor etc, it means the same exact thing among the tribe

but in the case of an Edo man answering a Yoruba name, it either his father was a Yoruba man or the person is totally a Yoruba person or the parent( Edo) of the child being in love with a particular Yoruba name decided to name his child the said name for example MODUPE( child's name and also Yoruba word) Ozolua ( surname and Edo word) I.e Modupe Ozolua.

and no one can argue the fact the surname shows one true origin

just like Davido being in love with his mothers name Imade( Edo ) decided to name his child but that does not change the child to Edo because Adeleke ( surname and Yoruba word ) already show the child origin.

or again, sometimes among various Nigeria tribes names can be spelt alike but mean different thing because of pronunciation eg
EZE means river in Benin but
EZE means king in Igbo

because I have come to find out that those names have no meaning in ancestral Edo language.
So if anyone have any Yoruba name answered by an Edo man let him bring it together with the meaning in both Edo and Yoruba and you will also tell us if it is the person surname or his name

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:
congratulations to our southern brother for the elevation may God give him wisdom to serve the people rather than being an instrument for destruction.
secondly
the name is 100% Edoid word which is sometimes pronounce slightly differently by the various Edoid tribes
for example in Benin there is a saying that " the wrong speaking of Benin is what Esan is made up of" also " an Urhobo man begin to speak Benin when it become difficult for him."
this particular name is common among all the Edoid tribe just that the first letter "I" is mostly change among them.
If you observe the early obis in Agbor and their palace chiefs, they mostly had Edo names and some of them still retain their surname till date just like this Irabor case
the population among Ikas may have been another dialect but the royalty is of Edo origin
so don't be surprise seeing an Ika/ Agbor man answering Osagie, Irabor, Ogbemudia, Eboigbodin, Ilahor, Erhahon, Ovia etc as surname because you will agree with me that surname tells a man true origin
Okunbor
Osunbor
Ogunbor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor
etc

CAN I ASK YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION?

ARE AGBOR PEOPLE BENIN CLAN OR ANIOMA CLAN?

Y DO U LIKE TO CONFUSE YOURSELF?
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
THIS IS THE FIRST CITIZEN OF AGBOR TODAY.

U NEVER SEE HIM IN PUBLIC WITHOUT HIS RED CAP.

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
hammerDK:

ARE AGBOR BENIN CLAN OR ANIOMA CLAN?

go ask the average Agbor man your question

have followed your argument and I think you are carried by what you read online

no need to follow you talk much

Abeg nor mention me again Abeg

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Anambra1stS0n: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
VirginFinder:

Don't wound yourself trying to claim what is not.

Irabor is no Igbo name! Yorubas also have a stake in Agbor courtesy Olukunmi people from Owo, Ondo state.

Igbo influence in Agbor came last. Yorubas and Edos came first.
ODE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
wink2015:

I initially thought he was from Edo state that is a bini man or an Ishan man.

I was wrong he is from governor Ifeanyi Okowa area which is Agbor in Delta state.

Most Ika people from the Agbor area bear name that is thought to be from Edo state.

Besides, Igbanke is an Edo community in Edo state, but the native there speaks Ika language that is Agbor language despite the fact that they are from Edo state.

I congratulate the new Chief of Defence staff on his appointment and for flying the flag of Delta state and the Niger delta region.

We expect him to do his possible best to conquer Boko Haram given this short time that is left for the Buhari administration to wind off from governance.

Come to think of it the Buhari administration failed to appoint new service chief on time.

He kept the old guard on ground till he was personally satisfied with his mindset.

yeah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:

go ask the average Agbor man your question

have followed your argument and I think you are carried by what you read online

no need to follow you talk much

Abeg nor mention me again Abeg

THE BENIN U TALK ABOUT IS ALIEN TO THE LAND.

BENIN PEOPLE ARRIVED IN THE 12TH CENTURY AND STARTED WAR IN THE AREA, BEFORE PROCEEDING TO INSTAL AN OBA OF BENIN, WHO LATER SOUGHT TO EXPAND INTO OTHER AREAS, WHICH INCLUDES AGBOR BY IMPOSING KINGS ON THEM.

THE REAL NAME OF THE CLAN THAT OCCUPY IDU LAND ARE THE IGODOMIGODO.

IF U SAY, U ARE BENIN, IT MEANS U ARE FROM ILE IFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yVmUHuLMsw

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by VirginFinder: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
post=98474609:

ODE

Ni e

what does irabor mean in igbo?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by golddare: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
gozzlin:

Do you even know the meaning of figure head? undecided

In politics, a figurehead is a person who de jure (in name or by law) appears to hold an important and often supremely powerful title or office, yet de facto (in reality) exercises little to no actual power.

Cambridge definition:
figurehead definition: 1. someone who has the position of leader in an organization but who has no real power:

I meant what I said, in the schemes of things CDS has little powers, he can't dictate to even his own Arms tackles of other Arms. He is not in charge of the 3 Arms. I hope you understand now, no be insult, it's the reality.
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hammerDK: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
VirginFinder:

Ni e

what does irabor mean in igbo?

THE SAME THING OBAZE MEAN IN IGBO AND EDO.

IGBO AND PRESENT EDO NOT ONLY SHARE MANY SIMILAR WORDS LINGUISTICALLY BUT ALSO, ANSWER SIMILAR NAMES, LIKE OKORO, OBAZE ETC.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hybridblood07(m): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
All the service chiefs were retired because they were over due for retirement. Nigerians made it seems like they were sacked
Nature129:
Did he sack Sadique Abubakar?

That man did an intimating job as the Chief of Air Staff.

He's always in the news for building and renovating staff offices and quarters.

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by VirginFinder: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
hammerDK:

IGBO AND PRESENT EDO NOT ONLY SHARE MANY SIMILAR WORDS LINGUISTICALLY BUT ALSO, ANSWER SIMILAR NAMES, LIKE OKORO, OBAZE ETC.

what does irabor mean in igbo
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by hybridblood07(m): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
There is no young Major General in NA. Even in the US Army, their generals are very old.
Untainted007:
Appointing old people like the appointee..... Old wine in new bottle.

I pray for peace in all ramifications in this country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:
secondly
if you observe the early obis in Agbor and their palace chiefs, they mostly had Edo names and some of them still retain their surname till date just like this Irabor case
Okunbor
Osunbor
Ogunbor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor
etc
correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by VirginFinder: 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
post=98475338:

Otondo they're Yorubas

Ni e!

What does Irabor mean in Igbo

See desperation o.

Agbor Igbo Never heard of... angry
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by kingriches2005: 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
tillaman:
grin
This one wey no get meat for cheek go too wicked walahi, he looks like Dracula
Give this man 6months,he will swell up as a result of ceremonial CDS.
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Gyong(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
lekki1444:
grin this guy is a fulani man

For where the man na bad guy. He did well as theatre commandant in the NE

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mikecold:
let me correct this fallacy that Benin not spoken well is another tribe.

Esan dialet is distinct on its own, i can hear an estako or ora man speak and understand alot even though i am Esan (this doesn't mean ora language is Esan not spoken well ).

Bini itself got alot of fused words with Yoruba by the oranmiyan connection which doesn't mean Bini isn't distinct

First of all are Esan ?
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:

First of all are Esan ?
proud one

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mikecold:
proud one

vbo dia yee!!?
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:

vbo dia yee!!?
ofure

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mikecold:
ofure

any way I will not stress more with you on your raised issue but if you have lived in and understand Benin you will know what i am saying
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Etrusen(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mikecold:
ofure

anyway I will not stress more with you on your raised issue but if you have lived in and understand Benin,you will know what am talking about.

dooh!!!! ovbi Esan aigbe!
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Blueelf: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
It is irritating, the tribalism debates going on here.

Someone was jut appointed defence Chief and what we ought to have been concerned about is his competence, yet some are arguing his state of origin and wether he is Igbo or not, Southern or Fulani...

Haba, shouldn't our major concern be his past performances is his various capacities in the times past?

It is a thing of concern now that every topic on Nairaland is quickly turned into a debate on whose tribe is better or worse, or whose tribe is more favored or not. Nobody cares about competence anymore

Nigerians, wake up!!!
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Nemesis08(m): 12:44am On Jan 27, 2021
CDS is always a ceremonial position with no direct control of troops under command.The COAS is even more powerful than the CDS.
You simply don't know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by davidnazee: 1:11am On Jan 27, 2021
Etrusen:
secondly
Okunbor
Osunbor
Ogunbor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor
etc

You forgot to add, in bini side side of Edoid group, Irabor is pronounced as Erabor..

I wonder why people argue blindly.. The name clearly proves he is of Edo origin.. He may be born in Delta and maybe his father, but his grandfather or prior ancestors relocated from Benin to Agbor..

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by davidnazee: 1:13am On Jan 27, 2021
hammerDK:

ARE AGBOR PEOPLE BENIN CLAN OR ANIOMA CLAN?

Can you answer this question..

Are Anioma clan more Edo than Igbo or vice versa??

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by Grateful02(m): 1:13am On Jan 27, 2021
Age wey man suppose dey house rest. Nawa for this kind appointment o
Re: Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff by davidnazee: 1:16am On Jan 27, 2021
hammerDK:

please what is the meaning of Okoro, Obaze and Osekola in Igbo?? I really want to know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Shared 8 Cars To His Loyal Staff To Mark His 100 Days In Office(video) / Corper! Yusuf Buhari Undergoes NYSC In Abuja (Photos) / Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.