Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? (20180 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? / His Wife Denies Him Sex Even When He Pays All The Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Kieel: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2021
When the man dey bachelor na him dey pay the bills
When he get married you'll pay the bill likewise.
Na because of bill payment you marry the woman??
Though if the man is broke the woman can assist...white men pay the bills the woman can only support the man

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by obembet(f): 10:40am On Jan 28, 2021
That's what makes u a man. Woman can take but it's majorly man's responsibilities.

Only Responsible man pay bills
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Romanoff(f): 10:47am On Jan 28, 2021
I just dey see how people dey tie noose way them go take hang themselves in years to come.

wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by DenreleDave(m): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:

According to black man, it is the sole responsibility of the man while according to white man, it should be shared between the husband and wife

Dokyoloye, adadike, e be like say helinues dey get small brain sumtyms sumtyms grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by DenreleDave(m): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2021
obembet:
That's what makes u a man. Woman can take but it's majorly man's responsibilities.

Only Responsible man pay bills
Mechonu there
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Olofin2(m): 10:49am On Jan 28, 2021
JovialJune:
No it's not compulsory, be the househusband let your wife be the head and breadwinner of the family, simple.

Another idiot like pocohantas. Run to the idiotic mod to ban again

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by slimshady1000: 10:49am On Jan 28, 2021
We do 50-50 in Norway!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by ogoloray(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2021
That mentality is a noose around your neck...

It enslaves you!

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefullove: 10:54am On Jan 28, 2021
JovialJune:
No it's not compulsory, be the househusband let your wife be the head and breadwinner of the family, simple.

I don't have a problem with the man being the head, financing everything, but don't throw that double standard of he should help me my wifely duties, assisting in bathing the kids, cooking etc . If you can't assist him in his own Responsibility no matter how little, women should also stop crying that men left them all alone to handle domestic chores.

I don't blame the women anyway, so many men also want a woman to share bills with, but are they also Ready to share domestic chores with her ?

Both Genders need serious orientation

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Kennitrust(m): 10:56am On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:
Who do you expect to pay your bills for you?
rough question.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefullove: 10:58am On Jan 28, 2021
CalliDora1:
It is, 100%. That role has not shifted. so tie your belt very tight and get ready to take it up when the time comes.

Ajuju 21st century.

Interesting. But be aware that domestic chores and cooking, taking care of the kids is 100% your responsibility too. No cheating, nobody should help one another .

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by femi4: 10:58am On Jan 28, 2021
illicit:
Put your money where your mouth is....

It means that if you don't drop money no food for u

Foot your bills, a wife is part of your bill because she is your liability already

A galfriend is a different thing tho because she is actually a friend, I don't buy things for my 'boyfriends' all the time
grin grin End of discussion
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefullove: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2021
omoharry:
Well, majority of Nigerian men are male-chauvinist ..to them the women should do thier duties of giving birth and taking care of the home and the family even when they know they are equally career women . Men also believe that they are the head of the family and most times, decisions about the home is carried out by him alone with very little contribution from his wife that is if he permit it .Now will this kind of man agree to marry an independent and career woman ? I doubt . So it all depend on the personality of the man in question .
If he is a liberal person that believe that marriage is all about partnership. Then both couple can contribute to the bills of the house and make decision together. And at thesame time, respect each other's views in decision making .
On the other hand, if the man in question is authocratic in his view to marriage, then he must work very hard to pay the bills and provide for his family- so that he can exact his authority over his dependent & submissive wife, who he might have also told not to work but stay at home or do business, so that she can have time for the home .So which ever works for the men in question .
Ideally, it depend on who earns more ..If it's the woman , then she can contribute majorly to the running of the house hold but the problem is that such a woman must have a voice in the decision making of that home and can never be a door mat .
U have a point, it still boil down to selfishness on the part of both genders

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by donbenz(m): 11:00am On Jan 28, 2021
No, that’s the responsibility of the lady
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefullove: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Everyone is quick to remind men of their responsibility to provide but if you dare remind a woman of her responsibilities in the home, you are branded a misogynist..

Gbam
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On Jan 28, 2021
illicit:
Put your money where your mouth is....

It means that if you don't drop money no food for u

Foot your bills, a wife is part of your bill because she is your liability already

A galfriend is a different thing tho because she is actually a friend, I don't buy things for my 'boyfriends' all the time
this is why your wife should not be a liability I hope you do not see your wife as liability thats if you are married. if you take full-time responsibility of the house you will struggle. you won't meet up in time.you will be playing catchup with your peers

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by pocohantas(f): 11:01am On Jan 28, 2021
Nothing is compulsory, definitely not this. Many men do not pay any or all and the world hasn’t come to an end. Whatever works for you and yours is key. If she believes she should never help with bills, it is okay for you to believe you shouldn’t help in whatever she is accountable for.

Last last, I like to think sensible individuals do not have these useless arguments in reality. They simply know what to do that would help relieve their spouses of physical, financial and emotional stress.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by tamunobello: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2021
Unless you want to become useless man
Aflix:
Since they said that roles shouldn't be assigned according to gender, I was wondering if it's still the duty of the man to pay the bills. So, is it
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by femi4: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2021
chii8:
In as much as a man should pay the bills,a woman should assist financially too.Make una no go kill person pikin all in the name of the head of the house.

Men...if the task is too much, speak up Biko, don't die in silence....
For Where?

Her money is her money

The husband's money is also her money

The punishment becomes severe if she earns more than the husband

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by justiz5(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2021
Aflix:
Since they said that roles shouldn't be assigned according to gender, I was wondering if it's still the duty of the man to pay the bills. So, is it
Yes if you don't pay, we will give it to the Dogs

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2021
slimshady1000:
We do 50-50 in Norway!!!
in Dutch land too
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefullove: 11:03am On Jan 28, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing is compulsory, definitely not this. Many men do not pay any or all and the world hasn’t come to an end. Whatever works for you and yours is key. If she believes she should never help with bills, it is okay for you to believe you shouldn’t help in whatever she is accountable for.

Last last, I like to think sensible individuals do not have these useless arguments in reality. They simply know what to do that would help relieve their spouses of physical, financial and emotional stress.

How many people are Sensible ?
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by erico2k2(m): 11:04am On Jan 28, 2021
femi4:
For Where?

Her money is her money

these days women have evolved some even buy land for their husband to start building their homes
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Adoyi87(m): 11:04am On Jan 28, 2021
Marry a feminist for your rest of mind�
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by pocohantas(f): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2021
femi4:
For Where?

Her money is her money

The only place I see this happen is on Nairaland. Those women selling under hot sun are definitely not going through all that to do “my money is my money”. Even in my office, majority of the married women have taken loans, either to buy land or cars. We don’t ever see them with these cars because the head of the home drives it.

I dare say very few Nigerian men can shoulder the bills alone. How? With how much? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 28, 2021
Another useless post. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by bukatyne(f): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Everyone is quick to remind men of their responsibility to provide but if you dare remind a woman of her responsibilities in the home, you are branded a misogynist..

cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by ufotty2001: 11:11am On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:

According to black man, it is the sole responsibility of the man while according to white man, it should be shared between the husband and wife
That is why men die before d woman because of fustration and depression.. the economy is not smiling anymore
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Peacefuluz(f): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2021
APPLY

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by pocohantas(f): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2021
ufotty2001:

That is why men die before d woman because of fustration and depression.. the economy is not smiling anymore

What kills you guys most times is your lifestyles, not even frustration. If that is how stress kills people, why are widows and single mothers not dying in numbers? grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by femi4: 11:16am On Jan 28, 2021
pocohantas:

The only place I see this happen is on Nairaland. Those women selling under hot sun are definitely not going through all that to do “my money is my money”. Even in my office, majority of the married women have taken loans, either to buy land or cars. We don’t ever see them with these cars because the head of the home drives it.

I dare say very few Nigerian men can shoulder the bills alone. How? With how much? cheesy
They still exist, I see them in my area everyday. They dress so expensive yet cannot support the hubby in footing bills for basic needs
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by pocohantas(f): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2021
femi4:
They still exist, I see them in my area everyday. They dress so expensive yet cannot support the hubby in footing bills for basic needs

Are you their side guys or what? How exactly do you know they don’t support him? At least they are supporting him by looking good and I bet the average Nigerian would assume it is his money they use to dress.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) / Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.