Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? (20185 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? / His Wife Denies Him Sex Even When He Pays All The Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by escapethecage: 11:20am On Jan 28, 2021
U
LutanFyah:
No, it's not compulsory for a man to pay the bills and take care of his family.

Making money is a basic survival skill that both a man and woman must have.

There a no gender roles and making money and paying bills is no exception.

It is never compulsory, just that most women are too greedy. They find it very hard to release cash except for their personal use.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by addexx: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2021
Aflix:
Since they said that roles shouldn't be assigned according to gender, I was wondering if it's still the duty of the man to pay the bills. So, is it

Bro it depends on you both. If she insists house chores and parental care should be should be shared equally, then you also insist on splitting the bills. She has areas she cover you have yours. Understanding matters.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by femi4: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Are you their side guys or what? How exactly do you know they don’t support him? At least they are supporting him by looking good and I bet the average Nigerian would assume it is his money they use to dress.
The guy usually struggle to pay the children school fees every term while his wife is busy on frivolous spending
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2021
Anything spending money in Nigeria is the man

Women own na to hide their own
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by chukemmang(m): 11:26am On Jan 28, 2021
As a man, are you not ashamed to be asking such a question?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by CodeTemplar: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2021
God created woman to be man's help. If not for the arrival of the eves, all the Adams would have had to reproduce asexually.
From helper of man they are trying to be a man and then god of a man. It will not work.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by pocohantas(f): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2021
femi4:
The guy usually struggle to pay the children school fees every term while his wife is busy on frivolous spending

I can’t advise him to divorce her before they call me feminist. He should keep doing it, that is what virtuous husbands do. God will touch the wife’s heart, that is if it isn’t what he deserves. I don’t trust NIGERIAN men. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Akasammyoka: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2021
Woman either rich or poor is a burden all his life according to societal law.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by meobizy(f): 11:30am On Jan 28, 2021
It’s 2021 and see what the local champions here are debating on. You idiots are dragging gender relations back to the Stone Age while the white man conquered the world a full millennium ago.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Thescienceprof(m): 11:36am On Jan 28, 2021
It's not compulsory; it is honourable
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Damseldammie(f): 11:38am On Jan 28, 2021
It’s your duty to pay your bills, but your wife can only support you if she wants

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by PHijo(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2021
helinues:

According to black man, it is the sole responsibility of the man while according to white man, it should be shared between the husband and wife

If the man should pay EVERYTHING she must agree to be his slave!

You can't expect him to pay EVERYTHING and be forming feminist!

Feminist in the western hemisphere share the bill on a 50/50 ratio.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by gigabyte13: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2021
So make your wife dey follow you pay bills abi....
Fear woman ooooooooooo
You had better be responsible and pay your bills, if you no wan experience see finish by your partner........

Forget love oooooo, pay your bills, to avoid regrets and pain.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by obembet(f): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
DenreleDave:

Mechonu there

Na fight?
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by kepstone: 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Its not the sole responsibility of the man to foot all the bills in the house. First of all you are not a man because you pay bills or you are not able to pay bills. You are a man because by nature God made you one, by purpose God designed you that way and by authority he made you the head. Note man and woman were created in different capacity physically, emotionally, e.t.c. God defined the role of the man and defined the role of the woman as a helpmeet. IF you break this down into proper context you will understand that the evolvement of the world and society has tried to altered Gods plan and purpose, but Gods purpose will stand for sure. A helpmeet is a helper suitable adaptable to you as a man, any woman that can not help you and would not help you should not be your wife. Your wife was designed by God to be a helper, Spiritually, physically, emotionally and purpose wise, this is were the issue of submission comes into play. The concept of a helpmeet was designed by God to suit Mans who God gave a purpose, together both will grow into Gods ultimate plan for their marriage Note a woman also has her own purpose). Adam and Eve were actually the blue print God gave to humanity as far as the institute of marriage is concern but they failed and the devil diverted and distorted mans original view on marriage by God. In the sight of God marriage is a beautiful thing and its relevant is only on earth. As a man your role is more than footing the bill at home, there so many people or men who have more yet they can not take care of their homes. Society say a man should respect a man who can p[ay the bills and loathe a man who can not or who goes broke in the cause of marriage. that's why today we are having more ladies making wrong choices base on what they see and respect the man base on bank accounts, alerts, phones and gadgets, accessories and etc, same applies to men.
I myself dont believe in 100% bill footing in marriage my reasons are.
1. we both came together to love each other and marry each other to start a new home, family and generation, no one is doing one person a favour
2. its a life time journey of partnership, a partner is a helper always and not sometimes, so marriage to me is covenant partnership
3. life happens and if it does happen what will you do as my wife, does that me you will watch me suffer or die, if i am unable to foot the bill, will you insult and disrespect me, attack my ego
4. two are better than one and they have more reward for their labour, i believe in the power of two building
5.my money is your money and your money is my money as well this is the mindset of a team spirit, but their are deceitful people everywhere, so lets be guided
6. we are committed to each other so its our responsibility to foot the bill for each other
7. we had sex together to give birth to our kids, so it cant be my sole responsibility alone to raise them and care for them, its we and not i
8.we share all responsibility base on everyone's ability including domestic chores etc.
my 2 cent.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by firstratedcitiz(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
Not compulsory, if you married a feminist. What else do you want me to say?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by cooooooks(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
This 2021, both partners have to share responsibilities.

Don't die young in the name of 'I am a provider'.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by DenreleDave(m): 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
obembet:

Na fight?

Yes na fight ooo
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by adeniyi65(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
Me: (knocking at the door)Aunty Chimamanda Adichie! are you at home?
Aunty: (from inside) yes who is that?
Me: there is a question waiting for you to be answered on nairaland. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by sojfarm: 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
IT IS NOT COMPULSORY BUT NECESSARY, AT LEAST FOR THE SAKE OF HIS CHILDREN
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by kuonbe(m): 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
obembet:

Na fight?
BOSS include me for who go dey see your match for WhatsApp. I go Pay to Join
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by DaInferno(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Everyone is quick to remind men of their responsibility to provide but if you dare remind a woman of her responsibilities in the home, you are branded a misogynist..
A Realist spotted!
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Asianjollof007: 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
JovialJune:
No it's not compulsory, be the househusband let your wife be the head and breadwinner of the family, simple.

You missed the point, madam.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Shortyyy(f): 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
pocohantas:

What kills you guys most times is your lifestyles, not even frustration. If that is how stress kills people, why are widows and single mothers not dying in numbers? grin

Ask them.
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Ayo2004: 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
JovialJune:

Does the bolded include equally sharing of house chores, cooking, bathing, changing diapers for the kids, running little errands round the neighborhood and going to the market?
All those can never be compared to financial responsibilities..tell a woman to drop all that for the man and take over the financial responsibilities of the family and watch how she starts saying rubbish and going out of point
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by DaInferno(m): 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
femi4:
For Where?

Her money is her money

The husband's money is also her money

The punishment becomes severe if she earns more than the husband
this your comment and signature don't add up
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Ayo2004: 1:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Are you their side guys or what? How exactly do you know they don’t support him? At least they are supporting him by looking good[b] and I bet the average Nigerian would assume it is his money they use to dress.
Just read what you wrote!completely biased and rubbish talk
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by richmondefosa(m): 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2021
I have discovered that it is broke men that complain about trivial issues like this.

Before you start talking about bills and women issues, let me ask you. iji ego? Do you have money? If you don't, then you have no business chasing women or being in a relationship.
Finally, I leave you to these golden words.
Je chuba ego nwanne'm
Nwanyi sara mbara

Get an Igbo man to translate for you and thank me later.

Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by chii8(f): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
DEMZEE:

What's is tasking in providing for ur own family as the man??

Na waoooo.... Brother,you are too mean Biko,life happens....
Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by Boxer007(m): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Aflix:
Since they said that roles shouldn't be assigned according to gender, I was wondering if it's still the duty of the man to pay the bills. So, is it

WTF?? .only Gay men pay bills. Real mens do not pay bills. Preach! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? by colestephan86: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Aflix:
I am of very strong opinion that wife's should play active role in house.
When a man does everything, no matter how much he earns he will feel choked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For. / How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.