Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye (45245 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Odion Ighalo Meets Floyd Mayweather In Las Vegas (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Houseofglam7(f): 10:31am On Jan 27, 2021
cry
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 27, 2021
Something wey im for just jejely go China, im dey do Once a red. Mchewww who red epp wey money dey angry angry.
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Shormiey(m): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2021
Well done ighalo you have done well... undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by doggedfighter(f): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2021
Great chap
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by hush15: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2021
he had better go back to his china, make plenty money and do his time and invest well, and retire comfortably. its not like age is on his side.
obembet:
It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end."
Odion Ighalo's goodbye message to Manchester United

The striker's loan spell at Manchester United from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua expires at the end of this month.

Odion Ighalo has penned an emotional Manchester United farewell message as his time at Old Trafford comes to an end.

The 31-year-old striker's loan from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua expires at the end of this month.

The Nigeria international joined United in January last year on an initial six-month deal that was later extended to 12 months.

Ighalo scored five goals in 18 appearances during the 2019-20 campaign as he proved a useful back-up option for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

However, the arrival of Edinson Cavani in the summer transfer window has restricted Ighalo to only one Premier League outing this season, with Solskjaer confirming his loan will not be extended beyond January.

Ighalo has now posted a heartfelt message on Instagram, which reads: "It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end.

"But I give God the glory for helping me fulfill this life long dream of putting on a Manchester United shirt as a player and represent this great club, it was indeed an honor I will forever cherish and be grateful for.

"To the manager (Solskjaer) I say thank you for trusting and believing in me when many did not, to my amazing team mates I will miss you guys, it was always fun and a time I look forward to training and spending time with all of you.

Source: https://twitter.com/ighalojude/status/1354143762591711233?s=19
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2021
alright good one for being lucky
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Longman8: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2021
Your mission was accomplished big bro. wish u well ahead of ur career.

2 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by cbi24: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2021
Go where there is more money
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by DAramis: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2021
kenzysmith:
please can i say something. Mumu man u have the chance to be the fifth highest pay player in the world buy u allow the excitement and media hyping to deceive u. village people dancing for winning the Battle
Which club wanted to buy him and at how much would have been his monthly salary? (Going by your comment about him being the 5th highest paid player)
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Slynation(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2021
This one just came to United to warm the Bench....But atleast he has the name Manchester United written on his CV, that alone is his greatest achievement in life

2 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2021
Great100000:
Good Luck to him, he can go back to China or maybe PSG.

I don't know why Ole don't use him.
Because cavani is there
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2021
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew bench warmer....u and sapphire I no knw who worst pass grin grin grin grin grin grin...na joke o
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Airtimex(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2021
kenzysmith:
please can i say something. Mumu man u have the chance to be the fifth highest pay player in the world buy u allow the excitement and media hyping to deceive u. village people dancing for winning the Battle

Money money...money is not and can never be his problem...

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by grtboy51(m): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Man U is a racist club. He should be grateful they gave him up to 12 months shine sef

Saha,York,Evra,Pogba,fred,bissaka,etc
So where the racist come from

8 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by jaxxy(m): 10:44am On Jan 27, 2021
I only temporarily supported that stupid childish club because of my boy ighalo now they will fall again like a pack of cards. Mumu Unitedgrin Ole out!
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Rugaria: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2021
Left a highly lucrative contract to come and play second fiddle at Man u, just because you want to wear red? Red kee u dia... Inferiority complex at it's peak! No Brazilian player will do that! Ask Hulk, ask Oscar and Ramirez. Over 250k pound a week? You bone am!? Khai! You forgot you are from Africa? Grab the money first!

3 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by MOVIC6: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2021
E dey do me like say na only man u get educated players pass abi na show dem like to do from time immemorial
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by EverBlazingy2k(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2021
Nice fulfilling your dream. I wish you greater days ahead.
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by sameks08(m): 10:51am On Jan 27, 2021
just to play for united anyway safe journey
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2021
"once a Red, always a Red" ......Make some nigarrs no come reason the matter to that level ooo.
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Rugaria:
Left a highly lucrative contract to come and play second fiddle at Man u, just because you want to wear red? Red kee u dia... Inferiority complex at it's peak! No Brazilian player will do that! Ask Hulk, ask Oscar and Ramirez. Over 250k pound a week? I bone day!? Khai! You forgot you are from Africa? Grab the money first!

it was not a permanent deal but a loan which he need to get as he is near retirement. beside adding man Ute to his cv boosted his profile as a footballer!

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by bubu2019: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2021
Good luck to you ighalo, your situation at man u reminds me of my first love.
I love the girl sooteehh I won mad but she no won see me with her eyes,
At a point,it became clear to me that even if I die,she no care so I gathered courage and move on

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by tamunobello: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2021
Go back to China
obembet:
It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end."
Odion Ighalo's goodbye message to Manchester United

The striker's loan spell at Manchester United from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua expires at the end of this month.

Odion Ighalo has penned an emotional Manchester United farewell message as his time at Old Trafford comes to an end.

The 31-year-old striker's loan from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua expires at the end of this month.

The Nigeria international joined United in January last year on an initial six-month deal that was later extended to 12 months.

Ighalo scored five goals in 18 appearances during the 2019-20 campaign as he proved a useful back-up option for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

However, the arrival of Edinson Cavani in the summer transfer window has restricted Ighalo to only one Premier League outing this season, with Solskjaer confirming his loan will not be extended beyond January.

Ighalo has now posted a heartfelt message on Instagram, which reads: "It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end.

"But I give God the glory for helping me fulfill this life long dream of putting on a Manchester United shirt as a player and represent this great club, it was indeed an honor I will forever cherish and be grateful for.

"To the manager (Solskjaer) I say thank you for trusting and believing in me when many did not, to my amazing team mates I will miss you guys, it was always fun and a time I look forward to training and spending time with all of you.

Source: https://twitter.com/ighalojude/status/1354143762591711233?s=19
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by Rugaria: 11:00am On Jan 27, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

it was not a permanent deal but a loan which he need to get as he is near retirement. beside adding man Ute to his cv boosted his profile as a footballer!

Oga Valentine,
What are we going to do with that "profile" in Ajegunle? He should be chasing the money! If he feels he doesn't need the cash, people around him will need that..Edo boys will need that. That move was of no use. He wasn't even playing. Just there on the bench when lucky....

2 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by LuQuLuQu(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2021
grtboy51:

Saha,York,Evra,Pogba,fred,bissaka,etc
So where the racist come from

Blacks are in different grades in UK okay? All you mentioned are British blacks okay

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by bubu2019: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2021
Rugaria:
Left a highly lucrative contract to come and play second fiddle at Man u, just because you want to wear red? Red kee u dia... Inferiority complex at it's peak! No Brazilian player will do that! Ask Hulk, ask Oscar and Ramirez. Over 250k pound a week? I bone day!? Khai! You forgot you are from Africa? Grab the money first!
You are wrong bro,

Ighalo is not starving,

One of the richest player in Nigerian and Africa as a whole

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by AKAyomide(m): 11:02am On Jan 27, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Man U is a racist club. He should be grateful they gave him up to 12 months shine sef
How is Manchester United F.C a Racist club? I don't know if you reason deeply from your empty brain before you shared your thought.
Team Coaches have what it prefers in his or her games selections. Eric Bailly is an African black man,He have had his contributions to the club glory; Can you say it is a racist club? He didn't have favour from the Club Manager.
Manchester United is not a racist club....

4 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On Jan 27, 2021
rottennaija:
It's better to leave the club that don't value African Players. You were never going to be an exception.

very useless club.
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by ofiko123(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2021
Wishing him success in his future endeavors...
Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by SmartyPants(m): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Racist keh?

The first team has 6 blacks on any given day so which one is racist there?

3 Likes

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by SmartyPants(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2021
Rugaria:
Left a highly lucrative contract to come and play second fiddle at Man u, just because you want to wear red? Red kee u dia... Inferiority complex at it's peak! No Brazilian player will do that! Ask Hulk, ask Oscar and Ramirez. Over 250k pound a week? You bone am!? Khai! You forgot you are from Africa? Grab the money first!

Live your life and stop taking panadol for someone else's dream and choices. What kind of mentality is this??

1 Like

Re: 'Once a Red, always a Red': Odion Ighalo tweets emotional goodbye by SmartyPants(m): 11:09am On Jan 27, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Blacks are in different grades in UK okay? All you mentioned are British blacks okay

I'm willing to bet you have never stepped foot outside your town. Be there describing things you have no knowledge of.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN, Super Sports TV, Big Church Foundation Support Kick Against Rape Football / Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith / George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.