Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (4944 Views)

23 Year Old Man Caught Romancing 38 Year Old Woman With Three Kids / Can You Date A 16 Year Old Girl? / 16 year old Friend of My Brother Asking Me Out (I'm 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by kandiikane(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: . by r231(m): 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2011
nothing wrong with the age diff.

but something is wrong with the age he/she started dating (15-16)

btw 18 is too young for marriage
Re: . by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
I don't see a problem there.
As long as the law permits it, her parents permit it
and the man does not have sick or evil intentions,
there shouldn't be an issue. he could have given her
maybe a little more time to reach 18 which was just
2 years away but since she is 18 and still with him
I take it that is what she wants.
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
r231:

nothing wrong with the age diff.

but something is wrong with the age he/she started dating (15-16)

btw 18 is too young for marriage

I can understand what you mean but some people grow too old for their age, Thats why i say maturity hits you are any age only wisdom comes with age
Re: . by yiboboy: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ My friend, will u go back 2 reading ur books! angry
Re: . by alagha: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
stop rape in nigeria.
Re: . by iice(f): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
Under aged. But so long as she keeps it smart, knows what she wants and her head straight on, i suppose it works undecided
Re: . by SexyDuby(f): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
Its ok! Dere's nothing wrong with d age difference.
Re: . by HotieTima(f): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
THIS IS ALWAYS HAPPENING IN THE BLACK SOCIETY SO THERE AIN'T THAT MUCH PROBLEM WITH IT

BUT I PERSONALLY HATE IT. I FIND IT DISGUSTING FOR A MAN THAT AGE AND DATING A LITTLE GIRL AT THE AGE OF THEY YOUNGER SISTER.

AS LONG AS SHE DON'T SLEEP WITH HIM
Re: . by Pweety4me(f): 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
4get. . .
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hotie Tima:

THIS IS ALWAYS HAPPENING IN THE BLACK SOCIETY SO THERE AIN'T THAT MUCH PROBLEM WITH IT

BUT I PERSONALLY HATE IT. I FIND IT DISGUSTING FOR A MAN THAT AGE AND DATING A LITTLE GIRL AT THE AGE OF THEY YOUNGER SISTER.

Please no CAPS I respect your opinion but no need to shout lool jeez grin
Re: . by LordReed(m): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hey sista you took my advice lol. Kool pix. Can still see the lips though Angelikane Jolie tongue tongue

@Topic
The age difference is not bad. At 18 if she is as mature as you say and her parents say yes then why the hell not?
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Hey sista you took my advice lol. Kool pix. Can still see the lips though Angelikane Jolie tongue tongue

@Topic
The age difference is not bad. At 18 if she is as mature as you say and her parents say yes then why the hell not?

lol, My mouth is slightly open thats why, Forget about that
Re: . by francisj(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
This is really bad, but it happening well in 9ja .
chechout northern nigeria,it like a culture,in fact girl much
younger(14-15yrs)than dat are dating guy other than that(23-32yrs).
Re: . by LordReed(m): 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hey sister Kane just pulling your legs you know how we do wink lol
Re: . by Pweety4me(f): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
When i was 16, i was also very mature much maturer than most of my peers sha, but u would neva see me talking with a guy to even talk of dating! undecided
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
does anyone know of any anti virus for a virus[ keylogger] called bestantivirus2009.exe. I have tried an anti virus from logofwood but i do not know if it has worked, I am having to use a vitual keyboard cry

Shaa all this happened just because I wanted to post a picture on here of Tyson Beckford
Re: . by LordReed(m): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: . by Thirst4Lif: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
They've been together for 2 years, so she was 14 years old and he was 21.

In some countries he'd be locked up! What is wrong with him that he has

to resort to dating children? How mature can a 14 year old or even a 16 year

old really be. The girl is still a child. Maturity comes with age. Though I'm sure

after dating a grown man for 2 years she's probably mature for all the wrong

reasons. Don't like it. The guy's a pedophile, preying on children.
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

They've been together for 2 years, so she was 14 years old and he was 21.

In some countries he'd be locked up! What is wrong with him that he has

to resort to dating children? How mature can a 14 year old or even a 16 year

old really be. The girl is still a child. Maturity comes with age. Though I'm sure

after dating a grown man for 2 years she's probably mature for all the wrong

reasons. Don't like it. The guy's a craddle-robber, preying on children.

You have got the post all wrong, she was 16 and after 2years she is now 18, I disagree with your maturity statement because there are 16 year olds who are more mature than some 30 year olds so no it does not come with age, just because you are 25 does not possibly mean you are mature,
Re: . by ektbear: 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
Age difference is too much. 23 year olds can date 18 year olds, but not 16. If it were my sister, I wouldn't allow it to happen. Not to talk of 14 and 21 angry angry angry
Re: . by Atreides(f): 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
Something like this happened to me about a year ago-i had a crush on this friend of mine who was waay older. I was 15+(i was in SS2 then) and he was already working(as in he'd finished Uni and he'd been working for a few years). I crushed on him all that sappy crap buh nothing ever happened even though i got the feeling that he liked me too. We never talked about it and we remained friends(we still talk even now)buh recently we both admitted that we were crushing on each other. I asked him why he never said anything and he was like even though i was verry mature for my age,and i was smart and all that,i was still a high school kid and he didn't wanna be that randy guy who hits on teenage school-girls. We laughed about it buh i realized that even if we had tried to start something then,it wouldn't have worked out. I think i woulda been okay with the age difference,buh he would definitely NOT have been okay with it.

So maybe i'm biased,but 16 and 23 seems okay to me,as long as the girl's mature enough and has a good head on her shoulders. If the guy truly has her best interests at heart and he's okay with the age difference i'd say go for it. However,she shouldn't let it affect her schoolwork. That's the most important thing in her life right now,and it should be her No1 priority. If she can't compartmentalize then she shouldn't go into a r/ship. I don't think they should be having sex either. I mean,however you look at it,16's underage. Doing it would be illegal(and creepy).

Of course,maybe i'm thinking this way because the only older guy i ever crushed on was/is a real gentleman-the kind that helped me out with school stuff,listened to me,recommended novels and stuff,never said one untoward thing to me in the 2years+ that we've known each other-just a general nice guy.
Re: . by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
kandiikane:

Ok, This might fall flat on its face but it is worth a try, grin

This girl is mature for her age, she is mature in everything she does, you will be shocked if she tells you her age after you have spoken to her, She met this guy, friends for a while and a relationship developed with this guy when she was 16 and the guy was 23 meaning a 7 year age gap, They have been together now for two years and the relationship is strong as ever they have even been discussing about marriage. They love each other very much and you can truely see it, What concerned me more was the age differences but now that she is 18 I am fine with it and I wish them Goodluck for the future.

What do you think about the age difference at the age she was, Please give me your views cool

marriage is to early for them the girl should enjoy her teens then her 20s and the guy should enjoy his 20s as guy, i think marriage talking should start at 28 and above you would be abit more mature
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Age difference is too much. 23 year olds can date 18 year olds, but not 16. If it were my sister, I wouldn't allow it to happen. Not to talk of 14 and 21 angry angry angry

Noone said anything about 14 and 21, So if by the time both of them are 40 and 47 is the age difference still too much and they are still together,

ZIM DRILL:

marriage is to early for them the girl should enjoy her teens then her 20s and the guy should enjoy his 20s as guy, i think marriage talking should start at 28 and above you would be abit more mature

I think for the young woman it is more of the spiritual side of it, Does not believe in promiscuity or all this young teenage life style that can leave one astray , Enjoy her teens in what sense? , lol 28? all the good men have been taken by then, If God brings someone for you as your husband and you do not hurriedly grab for it it is your lose, If you are mentally ready to settle down and can handle both your education and life more kudos to you,

@Atreides I doubt they have had any sexual relation ship yet
Re: . by ektbear: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
kandiikane:

Noone said anything about 14 and 21,  So if by the time both of them are 40 and 47 is the age difference still too much and they are still together,
My bad on the first part, then. Regarding the second. . . we both know a 7 year age gap is different when younger than when older. Or should a 7 year old girl be dating a 14 year old boy? 10 year old girl a 17 year old?  grin tongue

In my book, 17 and 24 is wrong, but 18/25, 19/26 are fine (but not recommended), 20 and 27 is perfectly fine.

If I was 100% sure that there would be no sex, then I'd be less opposed to 16/23. But 90% of the time, relationships lead to. . .
Re: . by ayomide202(f): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
16yr old with 23yr old is no big deal i was 17 n my bf 24 when we started dating although i was in 200level then, it is very common with girls with 'fast education' so to say, no big deal if her mind is matured
Re: . by mamagee3(f): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hotie Tima:

Why the capital letters? grin grin

kandiikane:

Please no CAPS I respect your opinion but no need to shout lool jeez grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by playmate(f): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
oh yeah this happens alot. . i was 15yrs old when i had my first bf. .a 22 yr old guy!
it is soooooo wrong!
sex is always involved unless the girl is smart.
Re: . by r231(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^^^wow
Re: . by francisj(m): 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
i adviced that a girly should b above 18 ,  i don't really like guy(21 and above) dating teenager . I think the teens should date themself(ready mate ,etc),when they are 19 and above any serious relationship can start. remember the university day,jambite mostly teens are rush for only sex-ual relationship
Re: . by alagha: 9:12am On Apr 05, 2011
Pweety4me:

When i was 16, i was also very mature much maturer than most of my peers sha, but u would neva see me talking with a guy to even talk of dating! undecided
i hear you.
Re: . by InkedNerd(f): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2011
@OP: Now that she is 18, I see nothing wrong with it but at 16, she was legally a minor. If the guy really cared about the girl and their relationship, then I think he should have waited till she was legally of age to go further with things. It reminds me of a Cuban guy I met when I was 15. I really like the guy and he liked me as well and although I felt that I was mature for my age, I knew that the 4 year age difference wouldn't go over well with my family so I ended things. Now that I'm in my early 20's, I don't feel bad about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Fat Ladies Usually Find It Hard To Close Their Legs While Sitting? / What Will You Do When You Found Out This? (pic) / This Is The Difference Between What Men Want And What Women Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.