Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! (1073 Views)

Klaus Schwab: ‘God Is Dead’ And The WEF Is ‘acquiring Divine Powers’ ( Video) / Anambra Church Where The Living And The Dead Worship Together (pic) / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by Preciousgirl(f): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
Romans 14:9

For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

Halleluyah

Observers are worried cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
What is the meaning of a lord
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2021
Preciousgirl:

For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

Halleluyah

Paul said :...…..

Did Christ ever said anything like this? No! Why? He forgot his mission.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by enilove(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Paul said :...…..

Did Christ ever said anything like this? No! Why? He forgot his mission.

Yes , he said something like that :

Matthew 26:64 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Our Lord did not forget his mission :

Matthew 26:24 KJV
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Actually , it was Muhammad who forgot the assignment Allah gave him . When he eventually remembered , it was too late for him :

Hadith
Narrated Ubaidullah bin `Abdullah:

Ibn `Abbas said, "When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was on his deathbed and there were some men in the house, he said, 'Come near, I will write for you something after which you will not go astray.' Some of them ( i.e. his companions) said, 'Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is seriously ill and you have the (Holy) Qur'an. Allah's Book is sufficient for us.' So the people in the house differed and started disputing. Some of them said, 'Give him writing material so that he may write for you something after which you will not go astray.' while the others said the other way round. So when their talk and differences increased, Allah's Apostle said, "Get up." Ibn `Abbas used to say, "No doubt, it was very unfortunate (a great disaster) that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was prevented from writing for them that writing because of their differences and noise."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4432
In-book : Book 64, Hadith 454
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 5, Book 59, Hadith 717  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
enilove:

Yes , he said something like that :

Matthew 26:64 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Our Lord did not forget his mission :

Matthew 26:24 KJV
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

How does this related to what Paul said above? Did Jesus Christ ever said he would die, rise and be the king of both the living and the dead?

Actually , it was Muhammad who forgot the assignment Allah gave him . When he eventually remembered , it was too late for him :

Hadith

Ibn `Abbas said, "When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was on his deathbed and there were some men in the house, he said, 'Come near, I will write for you something after which you will not go astray.' Some of them ( i.e. his companions) said, 'Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is seriously ill and you have the (Holy) Qur'an. Allah's Book is sufficient for us.' So the people in the house differed and started disputing. Some of them said, 'Give him writing material so that he may write for you something after which you will not go astray.' while the others said the other way round. So when their talk and differences increased, Allah's Apostle said, "Get up." Ibn `Abbas used to say, "No doubt, it was very unfortunate (a great disaster) that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was prevented from writing for them that writing because of their differences and noise."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4432
Sahih Bukhari

Allaah completed the religion through him and the proof is His saying, He the Most High: «This day, I have completed your religion for you, perfected My blessings upon you, and am pleased with Islaam as your Religion.» [5:3]

He sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam did not pass away until after Allaah had completed the religion and the favour through him and had sent down to him His saying, He the Most High:
This day, I have completed your religion for you, perfected My blessings upon you, and am pleased with Islaam as your Religion.» [5:3]

This aayah came down to the Prophet sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam whilst he was performing the standing in `Arafah during the Farewell Hajj on the Day of Jumu`ah. And he sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam lived after it for a short time and then moved on to the highest company (of angels).

And he left his nation upon al-mahajjah al-baydaa (the clear white path) whose night is the same as its day; no one deviates from it except that he is destroyed.

This aayah contains a testimony from Allaah, the Perfect and Most High, that this religion is complete and that it covers everything of benefit to the servants and that it contains a solution for all of their issues and problems until the Establishment of the Hour. And that is suitable for every time and place; they do not need any other legislation after it or any other book to come down or any other messenger to be sent after the Messenger sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

How does this related to what Paul said above? Did Jesus Christ ever said he would die, rise and be the king of both the living and the dead?

Allaah completed the religion through him and the proof is His saying, He the Most High: «This day, I have completed your religion for you, perfected My blessings upon you, and am pleased with Islaam as your Religion.» [5:3]

He sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam did not pass away until after Allaah had completed the religion and the favour through him and had sent down to him His saying, He the Most High:
This day, I have completed your religion for you, perfected My blessings upon you, and am pleased with Islaam as your Religion.» [5:3]

This aayah came down to the Prophet sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam whilst he was performing the standing in `Arafah during the Farewell Hajj on the Day of Jumu`ah. And he sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam lived after it for a short time and then moved on to the highest company (of angels).

And he left his nation upon al-mahajjah al-baydaa (the clear white path) whose night is the same as its day; no one deviates from it except that he is destroyed.

This aayah contains a testimony from Allaah, the Perfect and Most High, that this religion is complete and that it covers everything of benefit to the servants and that it contains a solution for all of their issues and problems until the Establishment of the Hour. And that is suitable for every time and place; they do not need any other legislation after it or any other book to come down or any other messenger to be sent after the Messenger sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam.
I can't Make a thing out of your post. Jesus is the Lord of both dead and the living. Hallelujah

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

I can't Make a thing out of your post. Jesus is the Lord of both dead and the living. Hallelujah

You won't as it was not for you!

Which verse did Jesus claim that?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

You won't as it was not for you!

Which verse did Jesus claim that?
YOU are antibible, a critic of the bible of bible not a scholar, You can't know such a verse as this. check it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
MightySparrow:
YOU are antibible, a critic of the bible of bible not a scholar, You can't know such a verse as this. check it yourself.

Quote where Jesus said that and stop dilly-dallying
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by enilove(m): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Address the meaning of the hadith .

Muhammad was the only one receiving revelations from his angel from which the Quran was written .

Why did they refused to listen to him at his death if actually the surah you quoted above is true .

Hadith

Sahih al-Bukhari 4432
Sahih Bukhari

MUHAMMAD SAID THEY SHOULD BRING SOMETHING FOR HIM TO WRITE ON , FOR MUSLIMS NOT TO GO ASTRAY .

WHY WAS HE PREVENTED ?

You claimed Jesus forgot but you failed to present any evidence from our scriptures .

But I have evidence to prove to you that it is your prophet who was forgetful :

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا رَبِيعُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، حَدَّثَنَا زَائِدَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ قَالَتْ سَمِعَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم رَجُلاً يَقْرَأُ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ فَقَالَ ‏

‏ يَرْحَمُهُ اللَّهُ لَقَدْ أَذْكَرَنِي كَذَا وَكَذَا آيَةً مِنْ سُورَةِ كَذَا ‏"

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet (ﷺ) heard a man reciting the Qur'an in the mosque and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such a Surah."

Sahih al-Bukhari 5037
In-book : Book 66, Hadith 60
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 556  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

Hadith
Narrated `Abdullah:
The Prophet (ﷺ) prayed (and the sub-narrator Ibrahim said, "I do not know whether he prayed more or less than usual"wink, and when he had finished the prayers he was asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Has there been any change in the prayers?" He said, "What is it?' The people said, "You have prayed so much and so much." So the Prophet (ﷺ) bent his legs, faced the Qibla and performed two prostration's (of Sahu) and finished his prayers with Taslim (by turning his face to right and left saying: 'As-Salamu `Alaikum- Warahmat-ullah'). When he turned his face to us he said, "If there had been anything changed in the prayer, surely I would have informed you but I am a human being like you and liable to FORGET like you. So if I forget remind me and if anyone of you is doubtful about his prayer, he should follow what he thinks to be correct and complete his prayer accordingly and finish it and do two prostrations (of Sahu).

Sahih al-Bukhari 401
In-book : Book 8, Hadith 52
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 1, Book 8, Hadith 394  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Quote where Jesus said that and stop dilly-dallying
Antichristian, jesus is the lord of both living and the dead. It is in my bible. are you littie al - dajjal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
MightySparrow:
Antichristian, jesus is the lord of both living and the dead. It is in my bible. are you littie al - dajjal?

Quote the place!

Al-Dajjal = Antichrist is a noun!

Antichristian is an adjective.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Quote the place!

Al-Dajjal = Antichrist is a noun!

Antichristian is an adjective.

Christians don"t believe that one scripture is superior to another like your hadiths.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Tim. 3:16
So,
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. Romans 14:9
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

Christians don"t believe that one scripture is superior to another like your hadiths.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Tim. 3:16
So,
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. Romans 14:9

What happen to the hadith?

Use this your 2Tim 3:16 to explain Genesis 38. Give us the profitable doctrine, reproof, correction and instructions for righteousness in that chapter.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

What happen to the hadith?

Use this your 2Tim 3:16 to explain Genesis 38. Give us the profitable doctrine, reproof, correction and instructions for righteousness in that chapter.

You are a critic not a Bible believe, fulfill Your ministry as an antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by vybzkartel: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

That guy is a foool don't mind him
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by vybzkartel: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2021
Preciousgirl:

Halleluyah

Glory
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

That's your submission not mine.

Just because my moniker is antichristian does that mean i'm antichrist?

As you are a MightySparrow then you must also be a Vulture!

You can't even answer simple questions from your Bible!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by harmargedon: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

who is an Antichrist?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by sonmvayina(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2021
The story of jesus i.e the gospel stories comes from ancient tales about Marduk. Marduk is the son of Enki and the creator of the universew. It was Athanasius at the council of Nicea who said he was both god and man.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2021
harmargedon:
who is an Antichrist?

Antichristian: any opposer of Christians in action, words or doctrines or not seeking the prosperity of the church, and it's enlargement to outright killings with any form of weapons.

Then, the final one will be coming soon towards the end of the age.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. I John 2:18
I think since you fulfill this scripture, you are an antichrist, hence you give yourself the name antichristian. A name well deserved.
Sorry, you are harmageon, let An
Antichristian take note of this.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2021
AntiChristian:

That's your submission not mine.

Just because my moniker is antichristian does that mean i'm antichrist?

As you are a MightySparrow then you must also be a Vulture!

You can't even answer simple questions from your Bible!
Check my posts you have been answered, the answer may not meet your expectations. We Christians don't rate any scriptures better than the other or remove to replace with a better ones.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by harmargedon: 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Antichristian: any opposer of Christians in action, words or doctrines or not seeking the prosperity of the church, and it's enlargement to outright killings with any form of weapons.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. I John 2:18
I think since you fulfill this scripture, you are an antichrist, hence you give yourself the name antichristian. A name well deserved.
ok. But if we look deeply into this verses we would realize the following.
The name Christ is a Greek word and Jesus and his desciples spoke Aramaic not Greek. so it therefore means that the concept of the Antichrist rose up few centuries after the death of Jesus. So the desciples never spoke of an Antichrist it was added to the book of John by the desciples of john centuries after.
your belief in the Antichrist is therefore false and would not in any way become a reality.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
harmargedon:
ok. But if we look deeply into this verses we would realize the following.
The name Christ is a Greek word and Jesus and his desciples spoke Aramaic not Greek. so it therefore means that the concept of the Antichrist rose up few centuries after the death of Jesus. So the desciples never spoke of an Antichrist it was added to the book of John by the desciples of john centuries after.
your belief in the Antichrist is therefore false and would not in any way become a reality.

Agreed, so no antichrist coming? What do think the purpose of adding the verse?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by sonmvayina(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Look like God is also antichrist, everything the christian hold as true are all condemned by God in the old testament..whats your take in it?

Dont attack me, address my comment.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by harmargedon: 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Agreed, so no antichrist coming? What do think the purpose of adding the verse?
the writer sees it as a way to keep the Christian faith in check. it's a normal thing for every religion should fade off as time goes by. Before Christianity people worshipped other gods, and if I were a writer before the existence of Christianity, then I would have predicted that a time will come when the worship of our gods will go extinct. same also with Christianity, another religion will come up which I believe in two to four centuries from now, although I don't know what the religion will be. Make your research you'll find out that the Christian faith is gradually fading off, that rising religion is what the writer called the Antichrist. Because it will surely speak against all exiting religion Christianity, Islam, Hindu, etc. whichever means by which it comes, it wouldn't favour our present believes.
Change is constant, and weather we like it or not it will come and we must partake in it. wether it's BVN, Vaccine, One world order etc. The only thing that shouldn't change is love, but it's sad that every religion preaches it but no one actually practice it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
harmargedon:
the writer sees it as a way to keep the Christian faith in check. it's a normal thing for every religion should fade off as time goes by. Before Christianity people worshipped other gods, and if I were a writer before the existence of Christianity, then I would have predicted that a time will come when the worship of our gods will go extinct. same also with Christianity, another religion will come up which I believe in two to four centuries from now, although I don't know what the religion will be. Make your research you'll find out that the Christian faith is gradually fading off, that rising religion is what the writer called the Antichrist. Because it will surely speak against all exiting religion Christianity, Islam, Hindu, etc. whichever means by which it comes, it wouldn't favour our present believes.
Change is constant, and weather we like it or not it will come and we must partake in it. wether it's BVN, Vaccine, One world order etc. The only thing that shouldn't change is love, but it's sad that every religion preaches it but no one actually practice it.

Could you please provide some scholarly evidence?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
sonmvayina:

Look like God is also antichrist, everything the christian hold as true are all condemned by God in the old testament..whats your take in it?

Dont attack me, address my comment.
Like I have been pointing out in this blog, are you a Bible scholar or a critic? There are so many things in your Quran that are historically not verifiable. If I may ask, why was there going to be a New Testament as prophesied by Jeremiah'? Who was Jeremiah tell us a little story about him, you could use scholarly write- ups, didn't use the Bible. (Because you believe it is corruped).How is New Testament different from Old?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by sonmvayina(m): 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Like I have been pointing out in this blog, are you a Bible scholar or a critic? There are so many things in your Quran that are historically not verifiable. If I may ask, why was there going to be a New Testament as prophesied by Jeremiah'? Who was Jeremiah tell us a little story about him, you could use scholarly write- ups, didn't use the Bible. (Because you believe it is corruped).How is New Testament different from Old?

I am not a muslim, i am not a christian...

So please attempt my question..

I just obey the 10 commandments and the other customs and tradition approved by God..
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2021
Agents of Satan the devil disguising as Christians (men of God) to deceive unsuspected audience! smiley

harmargedon:
who is an Antichrist?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by MightySparrow: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
sonmvayina:
The story of jesus i.e the gospel stories comes from ancient tales about Marduk. Marduk is the son of Enki and the creator of the universew. It was Athanasius at the council of Nicea who said he was both god and man.

Sorry for mistaken you for Antichristian. I don't see how this is related to the topic. The Bible says
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pet. 1:16.
About Madrruk and the rest, I don't see such in any scriptures I read.
The council of Nicea issue, the discourse took decades with many discussants before finally agreeing on the creed. You may please teach more on it.
So, if your own denomination does not believe in the Lordship of Jesus, as I do by the authority of the scriptures, no problems. I believe.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Lord Of Both The Dead And The Living! by harmargedon: 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Could you please provide some scholarly evidence?
make a research on evolution of religion. That's a better way to start.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drama As Deeper Life Church Pastor Dumps Ministry. / Prophet Jesus / Do Christians And Muslims Have The Same Heaven : Frankly No! They Don't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.