Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP (14042 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by gidgiddy: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
Akaujaa:

You just fooled yourself with this lengthy bullshit. Do your research well before jumping into blind conclusion. To start with, Leo Irabor's full names is Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor. He was born in Aliokpu, Agbor, Ika LGA, Delta State. Your argument holds no water because as Igbo, if my father has a good friend from Akwa-Ibom for instance and decides to name me after that person from Akwa-Ibom as a way of respecting their friendship, does that therefore mean I'm no longer Igbo because I've grown with that name and my children and grandchildren children now bear it as surname? We have many names like that across Igboland. That's even assuming Irabor is a Benin name as you claim. Irabor as a name might also be ancenstral to Benin people with same spelling and pronunciation but it doesn't mean the same thing. The people of Delta North like Agbor, Asaba, Umunede, Igbodo, Obiaruku, Ukwuani, Illah, Onicha Olona, Ibusa etc have a special way of speaking Igbo and bearing Igbo names in a mutilated form. For Instance, they pronunce Onyema as Onyeme, Onyeabuo as Onyeabo, Chinedu as Chiedu etc. So, Irabor in Agbor can't be the same thing with the one the Benin bear, the spelling and pronunciation notwithstanding. Irabor in Agbor, going by the way they speak their Igbo, could be a way of saying Iruabuo(Irabo) or Ibo obo/Ira obo(vengeance). So, Irabo or Irabor as the case may be in the Igbo speaking people of Agbor can't be the same Irabor amongst the Edo or Benin. Let's even assume it's same thing, names can be borrowed and interchanged. That doesn't make you less of the person you really are, regarding your root.

Dont get it twisted. Irabor is a popular Edo surname, everyone knows that. Agbor has boundary with Edo state has an Edo minority. Now when you hear that someone from Agbor has a surname "Irabor", the logical conclusion is that such a person is from the edoid minority in Agbor. Trying the theorise that maybe "Irabor" is Ika version of "Iroabuo" is mere speculation. You have to go with what you know, not what you dont know.

Has Agbor got boundary with Edo? Yes

Has Agbor got an Edo minority? Yes

How do you identify the Edo minority in Agbor? Their surnames

Is Irabor an Edo surname? Yes

Until General Irabor says he is an Igbo man with his own mouth, the logical conclusion is that he is an Edo man.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Etrusen(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
gidgiddy:

Dont get it twisted. Irabor is a popular Edo surname, everyone knows that. Agbor has boundary with Edo state has an Edo minority. Now when you hear that someone from Agbor has a surname "Irabor", the logical conclusion is that such a person is from the edoid minority in Agbor. Trying the theorise that maybe "Irabor" is Ika version of "Iroabuo" is mere speculation. You have to go with what you know, not what you dont know.

Until General Irabor says he is an Igbo man with his own mouth, the logical conclusion is that he is an Edo man.

the attach by force syndrome of most Igbos is disgusting

even non Edo people know say the name na Edo name( even his surname name for matter ) but they will always want to claim it even when they know innerly that the name is not theirs

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Sammy07: 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Tekrify:
In ur dream..

Go and check it
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Banmeallday: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Stupid Ohaneze always begging
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Adrian98(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
tribalism is one thing that is killing this country. i dont think he should consider anyone from the east west north or south rather he should consider the best person for the job and not an igbo man or hausa man or yoruba. just THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB!
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by AlexBells(m): 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
gidgiddy:

Anywhere there is boundary between one one ethnic group and another that speak different languages, there is bound to be a bit of ethnic confusion. Agbor where Irabor comes from is one such place, it has boundary with Edo state. Over a span of many many years, many Edo's have settled in Agbor and started calling themselves Ika. So not all Ika's are Igboids, there is a minority that are edoids. One example is Osunbor, a popular actor on Ika tv. His grandfather settled in Agbor, his father was born there same as him. But in an Interview, he said he is Ika with Edoid ancestry as he can never deny his surname Osunbor which is well known Bini name. Is it this kind of person you will say is Igbo because he is Ika?

The point Im trying to make is that not all Ika's are Igboid, there is a minority that is Edoid and that is where Irabor falls into. Your surname tells your ancestry.

You may be surprised to know that Idoko, depending on the intonation used, means something in Igbo. I know someone who has that as a traditional title from Okoh in Anambra. However, Irabor means nothing in Igbo, it is an Edo/Bini surname.
It a lie, Idoko has no meaning in Igbo, some muslim Igbo Answer Abu, Musa, etc, does that make them Hausa/Fulani, name means nothing, someone can ne Seun and still be Igbo,
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Tekrify(m): 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
This from the official NSCDC site..
The DG is from the north... Mohammadu abdulahi
I don't know where u got ur fake news from...

No Igbo man heads any security position at the federal level since bubu took over
Sammy07:

Go and check it

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by naptu2: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
Tekrify:
This from the official NSCDC site..
The DG is from the north... Mohammadu abdulahi
I don't know where u got ur fake news from...

No Igbo man heads any security position at the federal level since bubu took over

Muhammadu Abdulahi stepped down a week or two ago. His tenure had elapsed last year but the minister extended it. It elapsed for a second time a week or two ago and he retired.

Hilary Kelechi Madu was appointed as the acting commandant general. We don't know whether he will be made the substantive commandant general or whether he will only serve in an acting capacity, but for now he is the head of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp.

https://www.nairaland.com/6370492/hilary-kelechi-madu-appointed-nscdc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Tekrify(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ok..my apologies
Just confirmed...
Still shocked how a security agency don't update it site...the NSCDC site still carries the previous boss name ...
Anyways it Nigeria
naptu2:

Muhammadu Abdulahi stepped down a week or two ago. His tenure had elapsed last year but the minister extended it. It elapsed for a second time a week or two ago and he retired.

Hilary Kelechi Madu was appointed as the acting commandant general. We don't know whether he will be made the substantive commandant general or whether he will only serve in an acting capacity, but for now he is the head of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp.

https://www.nairaland.com/6370492/hilary-kelechi-madu-appointed-nscdc
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by texas1990(m): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
so the fools want to become the IG of police of a country they refer to as zoo?
it can't work go and hold such post in ur zoobiafra republic. shikena!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Sissyisy(f): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
Etrusen:

the attach by force syndrome of most Igbos is disgusting

even non Edo people know say the name na Edo name( even his surname name for matter ) but they will always want to claim it even when they know innerly that the name is not theirs

Lol...my mum's maiden name is Igbenedion, from agbor-nta..she is full blooded ika woman.... when I hear names like isibor,owabor,irabor,osain,olumu,Adaigbe and the rest..you are either from edo or ika... Irabor is common name in agbor

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Etrusen(m): 12:22am On Jan 29, 2021
Sissyisy:

Lol...my mum's maiden name is Igbenedion, from agbor-nta..she is full blooded ika woman.... when I hear names like isibor,owabor,irabor,osain,olumu,Adaigbe and the rest..you are either from edo or ika... Irabor is common name in agbor

I lived in boji boji owa for period before left being that am originally from orhionmwon LGA

you see those names you mention?

they are typical edo names which means exactly the same thing in both tribes just like the original name of God in agbor ( osolobue) which is a perfect replica of osanobua in Benin

the people arguing are people who depend on what they read online

the affinity shared between Benin and agbor is undeniable. this is why we have this name similarities

the only way I could have overlooked this, is maybe Irabor is his middle name not when it is his surname and some unlettered persons will want to argue Irabor ancestry
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Akaujaa(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2021
gidgiddy:

You are doing well just to try and prove a point that Luck Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor is not an Igbo man but an Edo man. Well, let me just tell you that if a man's name is what really determines where he comes from, then most people who claim Igbo, are not Igbos. Do you know that Edo people also bear Obaze which is a popular name in Anambra state? Oseloka is also a name among the Benin people but is also a name among the Anambra people. Udofia is an Akwa-Ibom name but most Igbos especially from Abia state bear same name. Idoko is a name amongst the Idoma people of Benue state but is also popular amongst the Nsukka people of Enugu state. Ada is a name amongst the Igbos but is also a very popular name among the Idoma people of Benue state. I can go on and on to give you examples. If I should ask you to tell me the meaning of Obaze in Igbo, you can't same way you don't know the meaning of the Benin version. Therefore, saying that Leo Irabor from Agbor is an Edo man because he bears the name Irabor is same as saying Oseloka Obaze from Anambra is also an Edo man going by the name he bears. My point therefore is that these names may sound alike or have same spelling but meanings could differ depending on dialects.
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by Etrusen(m): 9:56am On Jan 29, 2021
Akaujaa:

You are doing well just to try and prove a point that Luck Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor is not an Igbo man but an Edo man. Well, let me just tell you that if a man's name is what really determines where he comes from, then most people who claim Igbo, are not Igbos. Do you know that Edo people also bear Obaze which is a popular name in Anambra state? Oseloka is also a name among the Benin people but is also a name among the Anambra people. Udofia is an Akwa-Ibom name but most Igbos especially from Abia state bear same name. Idoko is a name amongst the Idoma people of Benue state but is also popular amongst the Nsukka people of Enugu state. Ada is a name amongst the Igbos but is also a very popular name among the Idoma people of Benue state. I can go on and on to give you examples. If I should ask you to tell me the meaning of Obaze in Igbo, you can't same way you don't know the meaning of the Benin version. Therefore, saying that Leo Irabor from Agbor is an Edo man because he bears the name Irabor is same as saying Oseloka Obaze from Anambra is also an Edo man going by the name he bears. My point therefore is that these names may sound alike or have same spelling but meanings could differ depending on dialects.

Oga u don't get this thing right !!!

am telling that the name Irabor/erabor means the same thing in Benin ,Esan ,agbor,Urhobo

do your research and come back to me

talking about obaze in Anambra is just funny for you not to acknowledge the influence of Benin in that state especially when the name is the person surname.

or is it not surname that shows one origin?

you self funny I swear
Re: Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP by oyebanji44: 8:13am On Jan 30, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
You are right, he is from Edo State. Irabor is Esan while Erhabor is Benin
OK,thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South-West Zonal Congress: Who Triumphs Between Makinde, Fayose? / Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! / Osun Emerges With Lowest Unemployment Rate In Nigeria – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.