Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: (18803 Views)

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Ask A Somali / Dem Somali Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
hey smiley

Did I tell you I found out what eyon means, I know yoruba people oo, cheesy

How you doing?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by fstranger5: 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Whats 'eyon?'Do you mean epon?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
Yeah Epon
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by fstranger5: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, epon = oko

Something I am endowed with, and would love to use it on you

Are you game?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
I too im endowed with both oko and toto

Are you game? cheesy
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by fstranger5: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
kandiikane:

I too im endowed with both oko and toto

Are you game? cheesy

Are you for real?

Do you mean, 'oyan' and 'obo'?

Better not have OkO, please oooooo
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
lol what is wrong with that?

Do me I do you too aye
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
Yeh @ Somaliland I feel u about the AU - Africans can be their own problems sometimes. Anyways I must say I admire u guy's love for ur troubled nation(s) and feel free to come here anytime and share with urselves (and us smiley ) about it
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
Fstranger are you not interested anymore? undecided undecided
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
ragdollz:

Yeh @ Somaliland I feel u about the AU - Africans can be their own problems sometimes. Anyways I must say I admire u guy's love for your troubled nation(s) and feel free to come here anytime and share with urselves (and us smiley ) about it

No problem thank you sis. Even though those problems are with the South Somalia which I have no ties with, they are still my brother Somalis and I feel sad for them 20 years no government, still fighting over the same issues, and even worse the foreign intervention. From the AU, to the UN, to America directly, to Britain, to Kenya and to our biggest enemies Ethiopia. I will never forget in 2007 when the South Somalia president did something that never happened in the history of Somalia. He was paid by the west obviously, but a president a Somali man actually called the Ethiopian army into Somalia. They have never entered our country, but he willingly called the Ethiopian army to intervene in Somalia and "HELP". 10,000 Somali civilians died in just ONE WEEK, let alone in total. Still to this day that is the highest amount of people to die at one point in time even in 20 years of war.

That was a sad day in Somali history, but even though I have nothing to do with them I wish them well. We have peace, we have a democratic government that is run for Somalis and BY Somalis. All we are missing is international recognition.

Maybe I can learn about Nigeria when I come here too, sounds like a interesting country as well  grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
@African1 iyo LadyBella there are a lot of somalis who speak completely different dialects iyo waliba different languages to us. Ok the other somali of course speak other languages: the barwani, bantu, jareerweyne, xamar cad cad,  etc.

Ok I see your point your want to talk about ETHNIC somalis yes even some of them don't speak the same somali as us. Like the eelay, yibir, madhibaan(midgaan) they have there own languages but as well as the standard somali. Laakiin a big qabil the Rahanweyn have there own language inadeero: Af Maay (Maay Maay). I don't understand a word of it.

We have differences walalo laakiin wagooyi is similar, but koonfur have some differences to us.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
That's cool, @ Somaliland. I guess with folks like u n africa1 n ladybella there will always be HOPE for ur people(s). Cheers bro
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
ragdollz:

That's cool, @ Somaliland. I guess with folks like u n africa1 n ladybella there will always be HOPE for your people(s). Cheers bro

Yes I hope so sis, we've had a bad 20 years, who would have thought 30 years ago: Somalia had the biggest and best trained army in Africa trained by the soviets and americans. We had a very strong economy and had 1000's of Italians living in Mogadishu, had British, French etc. We had Nigerians living there, it was a great Cosmopolitan capital. Now its not even safe for Somalis let alone any foreigners, the president only controls 2km of the capital let alone the country. He has to run the country from Ethiopia and Kenya, as it is dangerous for him to live in Somalia. I believe we(them south somalia) are the only country like that lipsrsealed
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^Wow Somaliland, thanks for that bit of history, I never knew Somali used to be a strong vibrant nation, all I knew about them was the wars and suffering. So when Elyas came here with his noise, I dropped some ignorant jibes. Like we say in Naija, abeg no vex cheesy. And peace!
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Somaliland:

Yes I hope so sis, we've had a bad 20 years, who would have thought 30 years ago: Somalia had the biggest and best trained army in Africa trained by the soviets and americans. We had a very strong economy and had 1000's of Italians living in Mogadishu, had British, French etc. We had Nigerians living there, it was a great Cosmopolitan capital. Now its not even safe for Somalis let alone any foreigners, the president only controls 2km of the capital let alone the country. He has to run the country from Ethiopia and Kenya, as it is dangerous for him to live in Somalia. I believe we(them south somalia) are the only country like that lipsrsealed
ragdollz:

^^^Wow Somaliland, thanks for that bit of history, I never knew Somali used to be a strong vibrant nation, all I knew about them was the wars and suffering. So when Elyas came here with his noise, I dropped some ignorant jibes. Like we say in Naija, abeg no vex cheesy. And peace!

ragdollz:

That's cool, @ Somaliland. I guess with folks like u n africa1 n ladybella there will always be HOPE for your people(s). Cheers bro

Thanks! Thats much appreciated, There are things that are just there, and I can't explain, and one of them is my undying hope and love for a country that never gave me a chance, cuz I was born in the states after the war broke down.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
Lol @ african1, "the country never gave u a chance", awwwww cheesy. I respect the fact that somehow, even without being there, you still feel connected to your homeland. I can imagine how you must have been raised: with total love for ur African heritage, which some of those who actually live in Africa don't even feel (they always want to run off to the "white man's land", Lol)
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol @ african1, "the country never gave u a chance", awwwww cheesy. I respect the fact that somehow, even without being there, you still feel connected to your homeland. I can imagine how you must have been raised: with total love for your African heritage, which some of those who actually live in Africa don't even feel (they always want to run off to the "white man's land", Lol)

Thanks!!!! My parents always made sure we knew our origins and where we came from. Don't get me wrong, I love America, but Somalia/ Africa is where my home is. I traveled to Kenya and Somalia a while back and just fell in love with Africa, I hope to go back one day inshallah.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
*big fat YAWN*
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 12:14am On Apr 18, 2011
african1:

Thanks!!!! My parents always made sure we knew our origins and where we came from. Don't get me wrong, I love America, but Somalia/ Africa is where my home is. I traveled to Kenya and Somalia a while back and just fell in love with Africa,  I hope to go back one day inshallah.

Aww, bless them! (your folks  smiley). The way you've been relating and talking about the country, you really come across as someone with a true depth of feeling for her motherland. I have Nigerian friends here in the UK who've never even seen Africa, but their folks taught them their home language and they speak it like pro's, love all the Nigerian musicians, and keep loads of African/Nigerian friends! They love everything Nigerian though they sound very westernised and look it too. It's great to be proud of one's heritage, cos in the end, that's all we've got.

kandiikane:

*big fat YAWN*

Na wetin do you now?? (big frown!!!) looks like you only like it when there's ruckus and a fight going on!! Bad, bad girl!! If it's so boring why you keep coming  back heh?? Lmaoo
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2011
lool to see if there is fight now
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 12:31am On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^I knew it!! @ kandii but u acted like u wanted peace? It's bc of u I turned a new leaf o so watch it girl!! LolZ
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 12:37am On Apr 18, 2011
lol nah, im just kidding no more fighting smiley keep the new leaf turned
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2011
@ ragdollz : I have bunch of Nigerian friends and they really love Nigeria. Most of them were born there though. My cousin Married a Nigerian man, and he loves his culture and people too. He tries so hard to teach my cousin how to cook the food, but has the worst luck, that girl cooks worse than anybody. it always gives me the chuckle to see them argue though. Lol
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 2:09am On Apr 18, 2011
african1:

@ ragdollz : I have bunch of Nigerian friends and they really love Nigeria. Most of them were born there though. My cousin Married a Nigerian man, and he loves his culture and people too. He tries so hard to teach my cousin how to cook the food, but has the worst luck, that girl cooks worse than anybody. it always gives me the chuckle to see them argue though. Lol

grin grin grin grin grin Nigerian men and their precious food, so typical!!

kandiikane:

lol nah, im just kidding no more fighting smiley keep the new leaf turned

that's better wink grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by OWOLAYEMO: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Elya, hw come you are not staying in refugee camp today? You just break the camp rule, Out of here, you snitch!!!!!!!
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Abrahammm: 12:44am On Apr 23, 2011
Somaliland:

@African1 iyo LadyBella there are a lot of somalis who speak completely different dialects iyo waliba different languages to us. Ok the other somali of course speak other languages: the barwani, bantu, jareerweyne, xamar cad cad,  etc.

Ok I see your point your want to talk about ETHNIC somalis yes even some of them don't speak the same somali as us. Like the eelay, yibir, madhibaan(midgaan) they have there own languages but as well as the standard somali. Laakiin a big qabil the Rahanweyn have there own language inadeero: Af Maay (Maay Maay). I don't understand a word of it.

We have differences walalo laakiin wagooyi is similar, but koonfur have some differences to us.
@ somaliland or what ever you call your name is. it is shame on u to come other pple forum and to shit.
i tell u one thing here is not the united nation if you r desperate on recognition why don't you go on the united nation.
coz the last time i checked niralanders where not giving recognition to the new countries. as long as i hv seen from this nigerian pple are very open minded and tolerant let me say even more tolerant than so many africans i hv personally met with. and i guess what why don't you just go to ur somali or somaliland forum to talk about ur tribalism, fight, respectfulness to other pple. if you post on other threads you are only two either u r subhuman being or you r mentally sick, and we done here no more talk i am representing Horn africans my naja brothers and sisters and i life with morethan 100 nigerians and i know alot about naja pple very generous and when it comes to fight with other races in times of defending african they are on front that is all i know
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Abrahammm: 1:42am On Apr 23, 2011
@ somaliland i am sick of this guy he is spreading disease.
man shut up we don't need ur lecturer
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by InkedNerd(f): 6:35am On Apr 23, 2011
^^^ Oh my lipsrsealed
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Scooby1(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
interesting thread grin grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Odunnu: 1:23am On Apr 26, 2011
AWOL master! Where have you been?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Scooby1(m): 1:38am On Apr 26, 2011
hmmm took a break from this place, am back now. How r u?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Odunnu: 1:50am On Apr 26, 2011
You left without a trace. Tiggy and I got worried because you were not even replying emails again.
Hope you are good?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Is Light In Your Area? / Okorocha’s Aide Arrested For Stockpiling Arms / Baby Soup In China [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.