Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This (51852 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by Ynix(m): 4:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Teleprompter:
In the Nigerian website for driver's license application, there is a place where they said you should "safe a number" instead of "SAVE a number"

Your boss might be one who has OCD to poor grammar or spelling mistakes. It is his company and can do as he pleases.

I might not disqualify a person for this mistake but I would surely address it and make sure it does not repeat itself.

This is not to say there are not numerous areas that I also need to improve but it is to say that we all see things differently.
This is exactly what I am driving at, it unfortunate we have this type of people as heads of businesses, weak in leadership development
Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by bestmutiu2019(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
soliufiljannah:
I remember my essay competition in high school. I was almost dropped because I wrote letter "i" in small letter instead of capital letter. "Whenever it stands alone, it should always be written in Capital" Says my english teacher.
my Boss,Salam aleikum
Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by soliufiljannah(m): 3:59am On Nov 04, 2021
bestmutiu2019:
my Boss,Salam aleikum
wa'alaykumussalaam
Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by bestmutiu2019(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
soliufiljannah:
wa'alaykumussalaam
please I need your help concerning Domain work
Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by soliufiljannah(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
bestmutiu2019:
please I need your help concerning Domain work
Pm
Re: My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This by naptu2: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
naptu2:

What about the use of "of" instead of "have" by some British people?

Octopusssy:

In what context?

naptu2:

"I wish I could have gone"
"I wish I could of gone"

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/43256/is-of-instead-of-have-correct

https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/156661/why-do-native-english-speakers-often-use-of-instead-of-have

pocohantas:

This is new to me. cheesy

naptu2:

I've heard people say it, but I usually just assumed that I didn't hear them properly, but the social media age has made it very clear. People write of instead of have quite often on Twitter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. / Meet Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer In Adamawa State / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.