Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (58551 Views)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Fraudster Who Lures Ladies To Hotels For Sex, Robbery Arrested In Katsina (Photo / Lady Loses N50k To Fraudster Who Promised Her Double (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by typicalgamer(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
charlesucheh:
The guy no wise!

wetin happen to body work??

our security system are not that sharp!

he only made those bunch of fish brains look like they knew their jobs.

NB: not encouraging illegality, just pointing out the possible loopholes to both the police and the tiff.

This man you enter class finish,

If na some men when I know there will be no way on Earth anybody can find that car except hidden tracker they inside.

Pack am for one compound change body work chisel serial number comot from engine forge paperwork and you're golden
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Classickj(m): 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
IMO01:
I sell cars
is your estate in iyana paja
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by DukeJoe17: 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
Draslo:
The only reason this guy got caught is because the victim greased the hands of he police. If you no get money, no case for where police dey.

The second paragraph is baseless and shouldn't be written by a bloody Nigerian that loves money more than human life.

Tell me your occupation and I will enumerate your illicit and dubious frauding activities going on under your nose as we speak.
Police are not saints likewise you.
You will do worst if you have the opportunity.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by mailemy(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingosytex:
Flash funds is very common now.

Most sellers in Onitsha no longer accept payments via bank transfers except he or she knows the buyer too well.

You either pay in cash or make use of a POS.
How does this work.
I want to know more to not fall a victim. Will the alert be received on the bank registered number or the person will just show a debit?
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Herbephe1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
kenzysmith:
how they take dey do this fake alert abeg

I heard about it yesterday, and I downloaded the app to confirm, sir the thing worked like magic, but only few people can fall for it,but the funniest thing is that it's only the recipient (sender) that receives the debit alart, which I think they show to their " victims" to deceive them

Someone has suggested the best solution as at now" by transferring the money into another account" for confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Kingosytex(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
beehivedata:
Can't a credit be confirmed if it's a flash funds or not by the recipient checking with his bank app? Please respond.

In most cases it can be confirmed but the credit vanishes after 24 hours.

Also note that the credit can't also be withdrawn.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Kingosytex(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
goshen26:

I'm confused!

Does it mean that the fake alert is added to the previous balance of the beneficiary?

Or how do they do it?

Yes of course, the fake alert is added to the previous balance of the beneficiary.

NB: The amount can't be withdrawn and in most cases it vanishes after 24hours.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by charlesucheh(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
typicalgamer:

This man you enter class finish,

If na some men when I know there will be no way on Earth anybody can find that car except hidden tracker they inside.

Pack am for one compound change body work chisel serial number comot from engine forge paperwork and you're golden
Even tracker get him medicine.

you dey even talk of serial number for engine! na how many Lexus them go embarrass for road before them get serial number?

by then, one lawful citizen go don carry dem go claim damages for court wey go pass the Lexus money. body work and paper work. case closed walahi....No be Nigeria police
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by beehivedata(m): 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingosytex:

In most cases it can be confirmed but the credit vanishes after 24 hours.

Also note that the credit can't also be withdrawn.
Ha, so no way one can confirm if a received amount is legit or flash?
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Kingosytex(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
beehivedata:
Ha, so no way one can confirm if a received amount is legit or flash?

No way.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by beehivedata(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingosytex:

No way.
This is scary...
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by typicalgamer(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
charlesucheh:
Even tracker get him medicine.

you dey even talk of serial number for engine! na how many Lexus them go embarrass for road before them get serial number?

by then, one lawful citizen go don carry dem go claim damages for court wey go pass the Lexus money. body work and paper work. case closed walahi....No be Nigeria police

No to endorse thievery or fraudulent activity but those guy's na clear amateur

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by SaintUlot: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
This fake alert doesn't make sense. I'm not giving anyone any goods or service until I see my new account balance on my online banking platform on my own system. Plus I never give out the phone number connected to my financials to anyone. I have other, separate phone numbers for calling the different groups of people I need to call.

That should be obvious.

They have upgraded, you will see your account balance increased when you check your app, you ll receive email alert with your new balance showing, you will get sms alert too. But the fake transfer ll disappear with no trace after some time. It is called flash transfer.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
SaintUlot:

They have upgraded, you will see your account balance increased when you check your app, you ll receive email alert with your new balance showing, you will get sms alert too. But the fake transfer ll disappear with no trace after some time. It is called flash transfer.

How can they do that without hacking into the bank system at the very least?

Edit: I researched it, they actually do it through the bank servers. It is only reversed when the bank servers are unable to detect a source, when it will be reversed. I believe this can easily be countered by waiting for a confirmation period of at least 24 hours after receiving the alert before supplying the goods or service.
The onus is on the banks to stop this flash transfer method by conforming the source before crediting an account.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Adukpe19(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
IMO01:
I sell cars
. Do u accept transfer?

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by fid3fid: 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingosytex:

Yes of course, the fake alert is added to the previous balance of the beneficiary.

Hang on, bro. This thing just dey sound like magic but I don't believe in Magic.

You mean when they do fake alert. The money go enter my account? I go see am for my balance when I log in into my banking app? That means NIPS process the payment from te sender to my own account?

How the money go come vanish? He recalled the transfer? But recall transfer no dey work na for this country. If you do transfer by mistake enter another person account the only thing the other beneficiary bank fit do na to PND that account, you no go fit withdraw the money. Many times, them go call you to beg you.

So how the money take dey vanish.? Voodoo no dey work for algorithm o!
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by fid3fid: 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

How can they do that without hacking into the bank system at the very least?

Edit: I researched it, they actually do it through the bank servers. It is only reversed when the bank servers are unable to detect a source, when it will be reversed. I believe this can easily be countered by waiting for a confirmation period of at least 24 hours after receiving the alert before supplying the goods or service.
The onus is on the banks to stop this flash transfer method by conforming the source before crediting an account.

You mean they actually hack into the bank server to credit the account?

Since reversal is 24hrs, why them no fit credit their own account then rush enter bank to withdraw it before reversal?
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
fid3fid:

You mean they actually hack into the bank server to credit the account?

Since reversal is 24hrs, why them no fit credit their own account then rush enter bank to withdraw it before reversal?

No. They fake a transfer using the proper protocols but without originating from a source. The receiving bank credits the account, assuming that it originates from another bank. However, when it fails to discover a source, since there is no actual originating bank, it reverses the credited transaction within 24 hours. By then, the good would have been collected and the scammer disappeared.

They could potentially, but using their own bank account will identify them as fraudsters, and their BVN will be used to ID them. If a bank is defrauded in this manner, it will go to any length to get the culprit, not exactly a good outcome for the scammer. But by flash crediting someone else's account instead, they cannot be identified since there was no actual originating source.

It is very innovative. I'm really impressed. I just wish that people would put such brilliant minds to more productive use.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by alexola20(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by charlesucheh(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
typicalgamer:

No to endorse thievery or fraudulent activity but those guy's na clear amateur
sure....

them need reaaaaal nigarrrrz like us for the catching job. but no! tribalism, favouritism and nepotism don't chop dem brainz
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by cvarinzechukwu: 2:10am On Jan 29, 2021
Someone should help me with 20k to complete my school fees
Diamond bank
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by fid3fid: 7:15am On Jan 29, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

No. They fake a transfer using the proper protocols but without originating from a source. The receiving bank credits the account, assuming that it originates from another bank. However, when it fails to discover a source, since there is no actual originating bank, it reverses the credited transaction within 24 hours. By then, the good would have been collected and the scammer disappeared.

They could potentially, but using their own bank account will identify them as fraudsters, and their BVN will be used to ID them. If a bank is defrauded in this manner, it will go to any length to get the culprit, not exactly a good outcome for the scammer. But by flash crediting someone else's account instead, they cannot be identified since there was no actual originating source.

It is very innovative. I'm really impressed. I just wish that people would put such brilliant minds to more productive use.

Good morning Phoenix,

Let's probe this a little further. You know must interbank transfer protocols go through NIP or NIBBS; and NIP settles these banks.

For intra-bank, it's within the bank's Finacle or other framework.

The Finacle algorithm will debit a source and credit another.

How can the hacker fool the algorithm to credit when there is no debit source?

You mean the banking algorithm has bugs in it? Well, this is quite a big big at the core of banking.

I really doubt they can spoof a credit in bank internal system.

Fake alert yes... But balance is a guess work.

Please bro... Educate me more on this. I don't wanna fall victim
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2021
Some people are too wicked, what if they car dealer took loans to sustain the business... Abeg they should be thrown into prison.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2021
PastorandMentor:
If you must accept transfer, walk into the bank with the customer and let the teller guys do it.
Long story. As if you have all the time, and apps are not meant for you. Even on a weekend.

Kingosytex:
Most sellers in Onitsha no longer accept payments via bank transfers except he or she knows the buyer too well.
I prefer transfers to cash payments. Only an uninformed person could be deceived with fake alerts.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by JustMakeMoney(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2021
Tulsaguy:
Honest advice to everyone.

If a customer proposes a bank transfer. Don't turn them down, you are into business.

Accept the transfer offer, but as soon as you receive the alert....transfer it to another bank of yours and get alert as well before the customer leaves.

It's better to even have a special account to receive alerts like me!

Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by goshen26: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2021
Kingosytex:

Wow!!!
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Abilitysunday(m): 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=charlesucheh post=98530887]Even tracker get him medicine.

by then, one lawful citizen go don carry dem go claim damages for court wey go pass the
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by SaintUlot: 5:55am On Jan 30, 2021
cvarinzechukwu:
Someone should help me with 20k to complete my school fees
Diamond bank

What's the account name?
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by cvarinzechukwu: 6:03am On Jan 30, 2021
SaintUlot:

What's the account name?
Victor arinze sir
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by cvarinzechukwu: 6:05am On Jan 30, 2021
SaintUlot:

What's the account name?
Victor arinze chukwuemeka
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 6:16am On Jan 30, 2021
through the instrument of intelligence-driven policing of Anti-Cultism unit.

Stop deceiving your self

They arrested him because the car might has tracker

How can you buy a car of 1m plus and can’t install 40k tracker
Re: Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Besto(m): 2:09am On Feb 01, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
This fake alert doesn't make sense. I'm not giving anyone any goods or service until I see my new account balance on my online banking platform on my own system. Plus I never give out the phone number connected to my financials to anyone. I have other, separate phone numbers for calling the different groups of people I need to call.

That should be obvious.

They actually don't need all that, the app dey use uproots all your information including your acct passport self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Boy Steals School Bus, Crashes It During Chase By Police In US / Mother Stabs Daughter, Bites Off Her Ear After Catching Her Having Sex With Bf. / Young Girl Takes A Gun To School To Shoot Teacher Who Asked Her To Get A Haircut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.