Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun (1371 Views)

Bandits Are Not Muslims, North Is Undereducated & Underpopulated- Bello El-Rufai / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Why North Is Tolerating Buhari – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
It is a known fact that whenever the Yorubas take a united stand over any issue, they are undefeatable....

Over the years the southwest have watched with keen interest the series of unholy activities of bandits taking place within its borders, several appeal to the federal government to improve the security situation seemed to have either fallen on deaf ears or it has not been taken seriously enough and if at all taken seriously, it is proof that the current security architecture of the country is not suitable for effectively securing the lives and properties of the citizenry.

The last straw that broke the Camel's back was the death of Mrs Olufunke Olakunrin, daughter of Afenifere Elder Statesman, Chief Fasoranti who died at the hands of bandits, this was the uniting factor.

The Southwest appealed again but it seemed like nothing was being done at the federal level.
More so the body language of the centre seemed to be appealing to the bandits rather than taking the fight to them, this furthermore emboldened the faceless bandits.

The Yorubas are known to be an extremely enlightened tribe and history has shown that the Yorubas know how to fight their battles without unnecessary confrontations.

The culturally sophisticated Yoruba have always been the voice of reasoning in the political climate of the country, this has earned them the image of a people who strike a balance between the extremely conservative and lesser-educated north and the progressive west but now the story is gradually changing, the relatively peaceful southwesterners have suddenly woken up to discover their meek nature has been mistaken for weakness.

It wasn't a surprise when the Southwestern Elders and Governors came together regardless of their political parties and ideologies to present a united security front against banditry in form of Operation Amotekun.

I leave you with these words "WHEN THE YORUBAS UNITE OVER ANY ISSUE, THEY ARE UNDEFEATABLE".

-YorubaNation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Tulsaguy: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
ok
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by LuQuLuQu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
Q
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by helinues: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
Toh
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by TheExecutioner: 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
Just one question and I don't mean to be disrespectful:
Why do Yorubas keep voting for the Hausa Fulani?

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Thewrath(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:
For crumbs.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:

What kind of question is this? Are you an Inec commissioner or how do you come to such a conclusion?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by TheExecutioner: 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Buhari wouldn't be in office if he had won less than 50 percent of the vote in the South West in 2015, but you gave him 96% of your votes.
This is not a pro Jonathan issue since I believe Jonathan had his own flaws and shortcomings, but do you think the level of insecurity in the South West would have been this bad if Buhari had lost the 2015 elections?

Ihateniggov:

What kind of question is this? Are you an Inec commissioner or how do you come to such a conclusion?

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:
Buhari wouldn't be in office if he had won less than 50 percent of the vote in the South West in 2015, but you gave him 96% of your votes.
This is not a pro Jonathan issue since I believe Jonathan had his own flaws and shortcomings, but do you think the level of insecurity in the South West would have been this bad if Buhari had lost the 2015 elections?

The answer to your question is this: If Jonathan had done the right thing whilst in office, no sane being would think of voting him out. There should be nobody to be blamed for this, it was the most logical thing to do at that time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Olatomiwami(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Thewrath:

For crumbs.

If I talk now MOD will ban me as he always does @Yebosola on flimsy excuses of this kind person yarning rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:

Go and look at history .

Your premise is untrue

Igbos have voted most consistently for them

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

Go and look at history .

Your premise is untrue

Igbos have voted most consistently for them

Bro, calm down don't let us go too far yet. Don't let us talk about how Zik and the Sarduana merged to spite the Yorubas in the 60s and their escapades with Shagari in the 80s too. Let just keep watching for now.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Sammy07: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:

Kindly check the elections of

Maybe you'll edit your comment and substitute Yorubas for igbos.

By the way, the only election Yorubas align with Fulanis is 2015.

Guess who were those aligning with them since 1959.
Your guess is as good as mine.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sammy07:

Kindly check the elections of

Maybe you'll edit your comment and substitute Yorubas for igbos.

By the way, the only election Yorubas align with Fulanis is 2015.

Guess who were those aligning with them since 1959.
Your guess is as good as mine.

We know the truth and the truth will always reveal itself but that's not the issue now, we don't want to cause an online tribal war here. We want all southerners to unite, that should be the aim.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

We know the truth and the truth will always reveal itself but that's not the issue now, we don't want to cause an online tribal here. We want all southerners to unite, that should be the aim.

We cannot unite around lies

The claim was
Yoruba keep voting for Hausa/Fulani

Is it true?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Sammy07: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

We know the truth and the truth will always reveal itself but that's not the issue now, we don't want to cause an online tribal here. We want all southerners to unite, that should be the aim.

He who lives in glass house shouldn't throw the first stone.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

We cannot unite around lies

The claim was
Yoruba keep voting for Hausa/Fulani

Is it true?

We Omoluabis know the claim is untrue, the facts are there.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

Bro, calm down don't let us go too far yet. Don't let us talk about how Zik and the Sarduana merged to spite the Yorubas in the 60s and their escapades with Shagari in the 80s too. Let just keep watching for now.
No problem with marching on

But lies should be corrected immediately and repeatedly

Lies repeated often enough become "truth"

How can people who have always done something turn round and accuse someone else of it

Did Igbos vote Abiola?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

We Omoluabis know the claim is untrue, the facts are there.
Well many young "omoluabis" do not . They need to be educated or reminded.

The reality is that Igbos have ALWAYS voted for HAUSA FULANI except with GEJ /Buhari
With the Yoruba the exact opposite is the case

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sai Mama
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sammy07:

Ti aba so oko si oja, ara Ile eni ni n ba.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:
Well many young "omoluabis" do not . They need to be educated or reminded.

The reality is that Igbos have ALWAYS voted for HAUSA FULANI except with GEJ /Buhari
With the Yoruba the exact opposite is the case

This is true and a question has always been on my mind Why did the Nigerian Government stop history studies in our secondary schools. It wasn't so in the 60s and 70s. What happened? Is it what I am thinking?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Sammy07: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

Ti aba so oko si oja, ara Ile eni ni n ba.

Ko si ile eni kan kan ni ibi yi undecided

We don't share the same language, culture, borders.
So, ta ni "ile eni"?

Abeq, ki onikuluku ja ija re.
If not, Arinfin lo ma muwa

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sammy07:

Ko si ile eni kan kan ni ibi yi undecided

We don't share the same language, culture, borders.
So, ta ni "ile eni"?

Abeq, ki onikuluku ja ija re.
If not, Arinfin lo ma muwa
You got me wrong, I was only elaborating more on your proverbs.

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Sammy07: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

You got me wrong, I was only elaborating more on your proverbs.

Okay, I thought you were referring to our brothers across the Niger
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sammy07:

Okay, I thought you were referring to our brothers across the Niger
No bro.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by triple996(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
Noooo
D north views Yoruba as their peaceful neighbor it's not fear.if it would have been east, na Spartacus reactions go follow
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

This is true and a question has always been on my mind Why did the Nigerian Government stop history studies in our secondary school. It wasn't so in the 60s and 70s. What happened? Is it what I am thinking?

I do not think that is true . Indeed it is another example of an untruth repeated often enough becoming "true"

History was available in JAMB and WAEC when I was in school and I believe that is still the case today

WAEC syllabus and past questions for history are still online.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

I do not think that is true . Indeed it is another example of an untruth repeated often enough becoming "true"

History was available in JAMB and WAEC when I was in school and I believe that is still the case today

WAEC syllabus and past questions for history are still online.

It is quite different now. Every school especially the government owned schools studied history in the 60s and 70s but it is not the same now.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
TheExecutioner:

Lol. Why are you guys so hell bent on tarnishing the image of the Yorubas to the extent you have no shame lying absurdly and pulling totally outrageous statistics out of your ass?

Where did you get 96% SW Buhari votes from or you think Yorubas are clannish and hateful voters like Igbos? In 2015 GEJ won Ekiti comfortably. Lagos was close and so was the other SW States. Only God can cure the hate, vindictiveness and envy you guys host in your heart for Yorubas and the SW.

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

It is quite different now. Every school especially the government owned schools studied history in the 60s and 70s but it is not the same now.
Not the same as in there is no history in JAMB or WAEC
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by capitalzero: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

The answer to your question is this: If Jonathan had done the right thing whilst in office, no sane being would think of voting him out. There should be nobody to be blamed for this, it was the most logical thing to do at that time.

No government can do right thing. They can only do bad things or do nothing . Did GEJ dis bad things?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cattle Rearing: Lagos Butchers Seek 50,000 Hectares Of Land For Ranching / Herdsmen Abduct Travellers In Abuja, Kill Many / Only Land Owners And Business Class Should Be Allowed To Vote In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.