Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun (1382 Views)

Bandits Are Not Muslims, North Is Undereducated & Underpopulated- Bello El-Rufai / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Why North Is Tolerating Buhari – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

Not the same as in there is no history in JAMB or WAEC

Read my previous post na. I said all government schools in the 60s and 70s were taught history studies. The question is how many government schools are teaching history now? It is not about history been in Waec or Jamb.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
capitalzero:

No government can do right thing. They can only do bad things or do nothing . Did GEJ dis bad things?
I would have replied you but the bolded has said it all about you.
Peace!
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

Read my previous post na. I said all government schools in the 60s and 70s were taught history studies. The question is how many government schools are teaching history now? It is not about history been in Waec or Jamb.

It is about being in WAEC and JAMB. If no one is talking the exams they won't be offered
e.g Latin was stopped because interest faded
People still do history in JAMB ........ a lot
You are making a claim do you have data to back it up?
How can you say all schools in the 60s and 70s did X or Y.

No one knows what ALL schools did

I did history and I read books we had teachers but their role is negligible .

I still remember a book called Onwubiko which was the standard text
You do not need to be taught history
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

It is about being in WAEC and JAMB. If no one is talking the exams they won't be offered
e.g Latin was stopped because interest faded
People still do history in JAMB ........ a lot
You are making a claim do you have data to back it up?
How can you say all schools in the 60s and 70s did X or Y.

No one knows what ALL schools did

I did history and I read books we had teachers but their role is negligible .

I still remember a book called Onwubiko which was the standard text
You do not need to be taught history

You still haven't answered my question, how many government schools are offering history studies. Ask people who studied in the 60s and 70s especially in the South West, they will tell you history studies was like a compulsory subject then.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

You still haven't answered my question, how many government schools are offering history studies. Ask people who studied in the 60s and 70s especially in the South West, they will tell you history studies was like a compulsory subject then.

With respect sir your question is daft
How many schools have toilets or fans>

History was never compulsory in the 60s or 70s that is a lie

History was always an alternative to Government . You could not do both. You had to choose one
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:
With respect sir your question is daft
How many schools have toilets or fans>

History was never compulsory in the 60s or 70s that is a lie

History was always an alternative to Government . You could not do both. You had to choose one

Yes, you had to choose between government or history, I am not disputing that. That brings us back to the fact that history studies was been studied well in the 60s and 70s so why are you arguing with me? History studies is not been studied in our government schools like it was in the 60s and 70s, that's the fact, stop this unnecessary arguments.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

Yes, you had to choose between government or history, I am not disputing that. That brings us back to the fact that history studies was been studied well in the 60s and 70s so why are you arguing with me? History studies is not been studied in our government schools like it was in the 60s and 70s, that's the fact, stop this unnecessary arguments.

What evidence do ypu have for the claim that History is not being studied in our government schools like it was in the 60s and 70s?? That is your opinion based on NOTHING you can show
How exactly was it studied in the 60s and 70s ?

I can get up and say people don't eat suya like they did in the 60s and 70s . Where is the evidence??
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

What evidence do ypu have for the claim that History is not being studied in our government schools like it was in the 60s and 70s?? That is your opinion based on NOTHING you can show
How exactly was it studied in the 60s and 70s ?

I can get up and say people don't eat suya like they did in the 60s and 70s . Where is the evidence??

You don't need to tell me to bring evidence, it is glaring even to the blind man that our government schools don't offer history studies like they do in the 60s/70s either you accept it or not, the fact will always remain the fact.

Tomorrow morning, go around to various government schools in your area and ask them if they are offering history studies then you will get the evidence you want.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 11:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihateniggov:

You don't need to tell me to bring evidence, it is glaring even to the blind man that our government schools don't offer history studies like they do in the 60s/70s either you accept it or not, the fact will always remain the fact.

Tomorrow morning, go around to various government schools in your area and ask them if they are offering history studies then you will get the evidence you want.
Did you go around schools in the 60s and 70s to ask schools if they offer history?
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:

Did you go around schools in the 60s and 70s to ask schools if they offer history?

Lol you don't know me, don't know my age and my background so there is no need answering that.
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Ihateniggov:

Lol you don't know me, don't know my age and my background so there is no need answering that.
Do you like history as a subject?
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by aribisala0(m): 8:46am On Jan 29, 2021
Ihateniggov:

The question was not about you or your background read it again and comprehend

Do you know me?
Do you know my age

When you went to school in the 50s did you go to schools to ask them if they offer history/

You have no evidence to make any compartative claims between the 60s and now

That you believe something does not make it true.

Evidence my friend

Evidence not assertions
Re: Opinion: Why The North Is Afraid Of The Mystical Leopard Of Yoruba Land Amotekun by Ihateniggov: 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
aribisala0:

The question was not about you or your background read it again and comprehend

Do you know me?
Do you know my age

When you went to school in the 50s did you go to schools to ask them if they offer history/

You have no evidence to make any compartative claims between the 60s and now

That you believe something does not make it true.

Evidence my friend

Evidence not assertions

Deep down in your mind, you know what I said is the fact but it either you just love arguing for the fun of it or you just don't want to accept the fact that you are wrong, I think it is the latter. The fact is glaring but for the sake of peace let agree to disagree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Military Option To Biafra Will Be A Misadventure / Biafra:igbos,kanu,uwazurike,uche Mefor Don't Be Like Palestine[pics] / Buhari Begged Me To Defend His Right To Protest-falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.