Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering (24111 Views)

US VP: Nigeria As Bastion Of Democracy In West Africa, Matthew Page Disagrees / Matthew Page Criticises America After Meeting With Lai Mohammed / Nigerian Politicians Own Properties Worth $400m In Dubai - Matthew Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by kayjay69(m): 8:12am On Jan 30, 2021
No country is perfect but you can't compare America to Nigeria. It does not come down to PR, they have strong institutions and they have an informed and educated society much greater than ours.
27Pushing30:
Oga Nigeria’s problem is not corruption

It’s a lack of strong and fair government system (Our federalism is Unitarism in disguise) and lack of strong institutions (federal and state)

I’ve observed a lot about America and it’s clear they are a nation filled with corrupt people, na just better PR dem get.

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Richy4(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2021
AlhajiImam:

Abacha did not steal. He saved money for Nigeria at a time like this

HABA!!! This statement has confirmed it all about what they usually complain about you man...You don't even know what the truth is even when it's staring at you in the face smiley...

1 Like

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by mmsen: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2021
They just realized? This has been happening for as long as I've been alive.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by mmsen: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2021
27Pushing30:
Oga Nigeria’s problem is not corruption

It’s a lack of strong and fair government system (Our federalism is Unitarism in disguise) and lack of strong institutions (federal and state)

I’ve observed a lot about America and it’s clear they are a nation filled with corrupt people, na just better PR dem get.

The level of corruption in Nigeria is absurd but the other absurdity is what the corrupt Nigerian elite do with their proceeds - they take that money to parts of the world that have a profound hatred for Africans and enrich those societies instead of their own.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by gunvi: 8:32am On Jan 30, 2021
dre11:
Ms Laing stated that “Tackling illicit corruption in Nigeria is critical to the country’s prosperity and security, and to addressing poverty and inequality."

The truth is that America's patronage on schooling by African students have drastically dropped. Student's traffic movement is now to UK and Canada. So, u'll expect comments like this from US. However, I'm not saying money laundering is not happening via that route but the basic point is that student visa process has reduced bcus of Trump.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/439404-nigerian-elites-using-uk-schools-as-shields-for-money-laundering-report.html
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by ec0malchemist(m): 8:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of the society, there was once a country.

Everything is deteriorating everyday.

Let me teach you how to import gadgets from US and sell here in Nigeria with offer up and letgo accounts for free
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by BlackFlamefromP: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2021
This researcher has done justice to the topic.

Unfortunately, since UK and other western countries are gaining so much economically from the corruption and mismanagement of less developed nations like Nigeria, I don't see them paying any attention to the points raised.

May God save this country!
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Shattuck(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2021
this is a well known fact for ages now, it's really shameful that after all we have been through as a race and as a nation, you still have leaders who would perform such inhumane act, you'll deny everyone their fundamental right to education, health care and let the people perish in penury while you enrich your self and future generations, yet you see corruption as a victimless crime.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by gasparpisciotta: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

Who is this billionaire? Buruji?

Akin Olugbade
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by KosiGee(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

Maine, Magu and Dasuki says hello.

Two of Buhari’s children were at the University of Surrey, Guildford.
How much did he spend on their tuition and living expenses?
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by wellsaid2: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2021
No Peace
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Necksonnel: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
The truth is that UK love how Nigerian elites run Nigeria because they so much gain from it, so, UK stopping money laundering from Nigeria is an Impossible Happening Tense.

UK cannot stop money laundering in nigeria. If UK refuses all nigeria politicians in using an account in UK, they will find another country to deposit the stolen funds. UAE, Switzerland or other European countries

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by bigiyaro(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2021
mp3ree:

like maina
like abacha, babachir (the grass cutter)
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

It is high time Seun hires more people to moderate this forum. Comments like these have no place in civilised conversations because of their divisiveness and inherent primitiveness.
True.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Freezby2020: 9:04am On Jan 30, 2021
You must be a dumb ass, not to know that Northerners are the ones that made it a do or die project to not only spoiled the image of Nigeria but to kill and buried her.

If what the likes of Tinubu, Okorocha, Ibori, Hisppupy or Invictus are doing are the same vices that northerners are doing Nigeria will be a million times better than what it is today.

Let me remind you of how the Northerners have grounded this country since independent, how they have puts this country on ICU(Intensive Care Unit) and just waiting for her death because Nigeria has been in coma.

Northerners refused to get educated despite billions pushed to that region, they would instead embraced almajiri style of education. This is a good ground to harvest/recruit army of Boko Haram.
Giving birth like rabbit and pigs even in face of the fact that they don't any tangible means of feeding not to talk of training those children.
Deliberately refused to embrace known method of rearing cows which is "RANCHING", instead choose to treak from Sokoto to Port Harcourt and from Maiduguri to Lagos in the name of grazing, causing havoc on the route by destroying farm land killing, rapping and maiming anyone that dare question their dastardly acts.

Having SENCE of FALSE ENTITLEMENT, they think the country and everything in it belongs to them infact including the people. So refused self development but carried on in ignorance.

All these and so many more, are recipes for a Country with bright future to be in COMA and ICU anytime and anyday

AlhajiImam:
Southerners are hell bent on spoiling the image of this nation through financial crimes and money laundry. Like Invictus, like Tinubu, like Okorocha, like Ibori and Hishpuppy.

But in the midst of all these evil, Buhari have never been involved. He's a man of integrity
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by PDJT: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

It is high time Seun hires more people to moderate this forum. Comments like these have no place in civilised conversations because of their divisiveness and inherent primitiveness.

-I thought you’re one of those he hired? Did you abandon ship?
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Ebenezar2O2I(f): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

Babachir nkor?
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by bigiyaro(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
Don't know why God hand picked the most stupid strain of blacks and assembled them in Nigeria. Metcheww
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Ebenezar2O2I(f): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
[s]
helinues:

I can see our ATM ancestor, Abacha is also a Southerner.

Eish
[/s] shatap you're indirectly supporting that dumb fellow you quoted.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by CodeTemplar: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Unfortunately UK tax system charges 50% tax on their idle funds....

Our elites are so wicked, self centered and callous. Most of them are destined for hell.

That so called billionaire from Ogun state that died early this year when he contracted Covid could not get an hospital bed in the UK despite being a millionaire pounds sterling.

He came back to die in Nigeria, without leaving a tangible legacy.

I doubt if he built a single hospital despite being worth 500mil dollars.

Lesson: the white man will take a poor fellow white man over a rich black man

Stop making illogical conclusions. In UK they have a health insurance system that uses the funds of the people to secure their health and it is closely integrated with their public healthcare
system. Do you really expect them to push a taxpayer out of theirvhealth centre built with their money and admit a wealthy Nigerian or Blackman instead?
It will be wrong that way.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by PDJT: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
-UK to fight money laundering from Africa, especially from Nigeria and Ghana is like asking Buhari to show you his O’level certificate. Even police and military officials now send their children abroad for their education and healthcare.

-If you’re one of the PEP zombies in Nigeria and they don’t pay you enough to afford oversea education and health tourism for yourself and family, then you’re a 21st century slave and destine for bottomless hellfire.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by PDJT: 9:16am On Jan 30, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Stop making illogical conclusions. In UK they have a health insurance system that uses the funds of the people to secure their health and it is closely integrated with their public healthcare
system. Do you really expect them to push a taxpayer out of theirvhealth centre built with their money and admit a wealthy Nigerian or Blackman instead?
It will be wrong that way.

-There are several private healthcare providers in the UK, such as Bupa and Nuffield, that your elites use whilst in the UK. Nothing to do with the NHS. The person you quoted maybe right, that the black “billionaire” couldn’t be accepted for healthcare service in the UK during this pandemic.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by privaldo: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:

Include Abacha, Buhari, the grass cutter, Buruntashi, yari,

I certainly didn't include the many looters from the North. Abacha is the god father to all looters in the country though.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by privaldo: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2021
KosiGee:

Two of Buhari’s children were at the University of Surrey, Guildford.
How much did spend on their tuition and living expenses?

I certainly can't tell how much was their living expenses, I only listed those I am certain of.
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by privaldo: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Ebenezar2O2I:
Babachir nkor?

I wonder how he even skipped my memory. Babachair Lawal needs to have a place on my list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Every Nigerian is corrupt including all the people commenting above and below me.
Corrupt calling people corrupt.
Even your PMB is corrupt
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by emmaitive(m): 10:05am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

buhari nah their chief self, all him children go school for UK, awon Mr integrity, oloriburuku
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
The truth is that UK love how Nigerian elites run Nigeria because they so much gain from it, so, UK stopping money laundering from Nigeria is an Impossible Happening Tense.

You dey mind Mathew Page
Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by privaldo: 10:07am On Jan 30, 2021
emmaitive:
buhari nah their chief self, all him children go school for UK, awon Mr integrity, oloriburuku

grin Buhari's fight against corruption has always been a diversion tactics to loot the nation dry. I can't wait for when the next government will tell us, how much was looted.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering by nnamdi640: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2021
AlhajiImam:
Southerners are hell bent on spoiling the image of this nation through financial crimes and money laundry. Like Invictus, like Tinubu, like Okorocha, like Ibori and Hishpuppy.

But in the midst of all these evil, Buhari have never been involved. He's a man of integrity
The looting done during Abacha and Ibb your so called brothers are one of the major set back of this country. They nearly looted this country dry. Am sure others are looting secretly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdul'aziz Yari, Flown To United Kingdom In Wheelchair For Medical Care / Speak Up On Tinubu’s Certificate Saga – Soyinka Told / Clifford Orji Alleged Cannibal Dies In Kirikiri Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.