Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed (688 Views)

What Guys Need To Fix Before Wooing A Lady / 8 Things Guys Need To Fix Before Approaching A Lady / I Think Life Is Unfair To Women & Guys Need To Be Realistic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Lacrissa: 6:22am On Apr 05, 2011
Ok I met this guy on facebook through mutual friends and we began sending casual messages like family, school etc, then we exchanged skype info and we began talking. I appeared a lil shy but he laughed it off and when we hung up, he sent a good night message with a smiling smiley.

Then we spoke another day on skype and this was much longer and a lil detailed. we talked about our tribes, cooking, which he jokingly said, if he comes down my area, he would eat my food. We teased, he even said i should stand up so he could see me, then i jokingly told i was shy,

After we finished, we both said good night and even to hang up, I was fidgeting which made him smile/laugh.

My question for you guys is being a guy, what would or could you be thinking. Me acting all shy, showing eagerness to talk to you in a way, is it wrong? Should I act differently? Or there's nothing absolutely wrong? Please would love your opinions,
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Lacrissa: 6:38am On Apr 05, 2011
Come on guys sad
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 05, 2011
pending. . . cheesy

*ready!  cheesy cheesy

Let me tell you Lala (do you mind if I call you that?  smiley)
Guys for the most part love shy women. I am a talker and a loud mouth
once I get to know someone but upon meeting I am terribly shy!
Only a few members on here know me and can vouch for that.
The thing is men like shy girls because it gives a hint of innocence and is
in a way, ironic as it sounds, inviting. It says "come, chase me"  grin grin
but don't OVER do the shyness no matter how uncomfortable you feel
because it can be a sign of weakness and vulnerability and some men
are not attracted to it and others will take advantage. It will wear off
through time I am sure but you cannot make him see you sweat too much  smiley
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by MsPotato(f): 6:41am On Apr 05, 2011
Your story is the same Ive heard from hundreds of other girls when they are in an E relationship with a guy online. The guys all act the same like you guy and the girls all behave the same like you so I guess its normal.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by jaybee3(m): 6:42am On Apr 05, 2011
In my world, you had be classified as a child that needs nurturing instead of dated.
BTW, being shy is attractive but excessiveness can become irritating.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 05, 2011
^^SPOT ON!  smiley

"can become irritating"

i learned the hard way.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Lacrissa: 6:51am On Apr 05, 2011
jay bee:

In my world, you had be classified as a child that needs nurturing instead of dated.
BTW, being shy is attractive but excessiveness can become irritating.

Why the sentence in bold?

MzDarkSkin:

pending. . . cheesy

*ready!  cheesy cheesy

Let me tell you Lala (do you mind if I call you that?  smiley)
Guys for the most part love shy women. I am a talker and a loud mouth
once I get to know someone but upon meeting I am terribly shy!
Only a few members on here know me and can vouch for that.
The thing is men like shy girls because it gives a hint of innocence and is
in a way, ironic as it sounds, inviting. It says "come, chase me"  grin grin
but don't OVER do the shyness no matter how uncomfortable you feel
because it can be a sign of weakness and vulnerability and some men
are not attracted to it and others will take advantage. It will wear off
through time I am sure but you cannot make him see you sweat too much  smiley

Yeah feel free to call me that cheesy
I wasn't excessively shy but somewhat, i think 'cos I like him. At the same time, I'm thinking I hope I'm not appearing that I like him like that too fast, It could be a turn off, so I think

Ms. Potato:

Your story is the same Ive heard from hundreds of other girls when they are in an E relationship with a guy online. The guys all act the same like you guy and the girls all behave the same like you so I guess its normal.

Alrite just don't want to appear desperate especially when we are just skyping.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by MsPotato(f): 6:54am On Apr 05, 2011
Poster,

just be yourself and dont try to be too good to be true for him cause eventually if you two are serious, he is bounfd to know your true colours. Whatever he doesnt like about you now, let him have that than at least you will know if he is the guy for u or not.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Lacrissa: 6:55am On Apr 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Poster,

just be yourself and dont try to be good for him cause eventually if you two are serious, he is bounfd to know your true colours. Whatever he doesnt like about you know, let him have that than at least you will know if he is the guy for u or not.

Thanks Ms Potato smiley
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by jaybee3(m): 6:55am On Apr 05, 2011
Lacrissa:

Why the sentence in bold?
Emphasis is on "In my world", and that was what happened when i experienced something like that. Stopped taking her seriously cos frankly how was she going to be able to overcome that shyness when we meet in person? (my thoughts at the time)
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Lacrissa: 7:01am On Apr 05, 2011
jay bee:

Emphasis is on "In my world", and that was what happened when i experienced something like that. Stopped taking her seriously cos frankly how was she going to be able to overcome that shyness when we meet in person? (my thoughts at the time)

Noooo lol the type of shyness isn't the irritating one, Maybe you tell me stand, I say no, not yet, not now, but we still had our convo
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 05, 2011
@Lala  smiley

I understand you 100 percent.
Do not be unsure of yourself sis,
but if you find yourself having doubts
then you should probably take it at a
much slower pace. This might potentially
blossom into something real so you want
to be ready in all aspects: emotionally
especially!  smiley Nothing wrong with being
shy or having a crush but just be moderate
and be wise.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 05, 2011
grin grin

AMAZING!

anyway, Lala take heed to my advice and have a blessed night.
Stay sweet. smiley
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by jaybee3(m): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2011
Lacrissa:

Noooo lol the type of shyness isn't the irritating one, Maybe you tell me stand, I say no, not yet, not now, but we still had our convo
Oh i ceeeeee but still though, why are you shy about hving to stand or what not? Do you know it can be termed wrongly, You should have just commented along the line off "I don't wanna be showing you my whole self just yet" instead of acting all shy.
Re: Guys Need Your Thoughts On This Please Lots Of Opinions Welcomed by vaLasce(m): 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2011
shyless!,

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreaks. And The Unknown Cause And Remedy / New Romance Section Decree / Am I Too Picky For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.