Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force (32292 Views)

Norway's $325 Million Shipping Tunnel Gets Go Ahead / Pastor Sunday Edino Arrested With Looted Medical Equipment Worth N1.2bn In Kogi / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Irukkanews: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
The United states has donated equipment valued at over $325,000 to the Nigerian Police Force.

The donation was made by the office of the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) of the United States Embassy, to help the country in it’s fight against terrorism.

The United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria, in a statement issued in Abuja by its Public Affairs Section, said the equipment help in areas affected by the Boko Haram insurgency.

“INL Director James Jewett presented the equipment to the Commissioner of Police Akeera Yunuss Mohammed, who represented the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu at the function. The equipment will be transferred to the Mobile Patrol Division of the Nigeria Police Force officers assigned to Borno State.

“For the 500 officers of the Mobile Police Force currently serving in the state, INL provided bulletproof protective vests and bulletproof helmets, goggles, and 20 ballistic shields. A tent, mosquito nets, first aid boxes, heavy-duty flashlights, foldable mattresses, and other hygiene products were also provided. By providing these supplies and equipment, INL is complimenting prior USAID investments in Borno State through the Office of Transition Initiatives,” the United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria said.

Jewett added; “We are proud to stand with Nigerian law enforcement on the front line of maintaining peace and security. This donation will improve the health and security of those brave men and women committed to providing law and order.”
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/1/us-donates-over-325000-worth-of-equipment-to-nigeria-police-to-combat-boko-haram.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Kudejo: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Joe biden was just elected and he has already ended the travel ban and now he donated equipment to the NPF but yet the stupid people in Nigeria decided to do a prayer march for Trump during the election. When will we learn?

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by NwaNimo1(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Soon to be in the hands of boko haram

[img]https://media./images/6235bc6da716ee4c940ff8e68122671d/tenor.gif[/img]

Shekau and his men right now....

224 Likes 16 Shares

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by GamalNasser: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:
Joe biden was just elected and he has already ended the travel ban and now he donated equipment to the NPF but yet the stupid people in Nigeria decided to do a prayer march for Trump during the election. When will we learn?

You have small IQ ...this transaction was carried out by the Trump Administration just like the 1000 ventilators he donated to Nigeria ....the fact you are hearing about it today doesn't mean the process started today but well most of u have low IQ

292 Likes 23 Shares

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Aieboocaar(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Omooor!!!

Seun abeg next time try dey conduct interview before you hire your Mods
grin grin grin

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Equipments that they will end up selling

Nigeria police are evil and corrupt minded. They re only good at killing and extorting innocent people

22 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by LoveJesus87(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
cheesy
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Asura: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
I hope it gets to those it was intended for.

Nigeria my country!

2 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by BigDawsNet: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
God bless the United States of America

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by carbony4red(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Alhaji Joe Abideen, weldone we don de see ur hand alrdy, keep it up

Op, am I d only one that notice the typo error, "doante" instead of "donate"

3 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Fulani herdmen and boko haram : biden thank you o

7 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Henryokono: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Contact me
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by ENGINEERG(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
I HOPE THEY WONT RESELL IT

2 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by KingRabota: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Let me not hear that they have sell am
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by shogosco: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bait

1 Like

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:

Politics...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by sammyj: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
grin The impression in the picture between both President shows the hatred Buhari has for the US president!! grin
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Handsomecole(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Thanks but we shall never accept Homosexuality...

1 Like

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by DontCough: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
The United States of America have stylishly donated those equipments to buhari's brothers, the killer herdsmen.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by helinues: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nice one
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oozz2:
Equipments that they will sell

Nigeria police are evil and corrupt minded. They re only good at killing and extorting innocent people

Because when you people give them a budget that is less than what one city can spend on its police force in the USA, and you people refuse to increase taxes to proivde the funds for the police to work well, and insist on paying them salaries that can't take them home...what do you expect.

The budget for the Police is 449 billion naira...or to be serious , less than 1 billion dollars. Meanwhile New York city spends ten times that for its police.

You cannot feed a child of yours one slice of bread in the morning, and one bottle of coke at night and expect that child to score 100% in his or her school exams.

Modified....

For the info of anyone quoting me

NYPD budget: 10.2 billion dollars to police less than 30 million people.
USA tax to gdp ratio: 24.3%
USA: INDUSTRIAL nation

NPF budget 2020: 1.14 billion dollars to police 200 million people
Nigeria tax to gdp ratio 5.8 %
Nigeria: Resource dependent, dutch diseased nation.

Modifed two

I won't be responding to any quotes on this thread. I think I have made myself clear.

For more information why we are poor...read this. Yes, it is about a different country, but it applies to Naija too. Also, read about dutch disease and Nigeria too.

And for the last time, my saying Nigeria is not rich does not mean I excuse looting or beleive that BUHARI is an angel, or whatever. It is a statement of fact. What we do with that fact is up to us as a people...but pretending it does not exist....sigh.

9 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by oluwasegun007(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Pls give them bullet proof, van, bus, helmet, walking talkie...but not rifles undecided
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
angry
Bastardization and diversion loading ...
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by espn(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Make I no talk
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:
boys scout equipment?
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by LoveJesus87(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
GamalNasser:

You have small IQ ...this transaction was carried out by the Trump Administration just like the 1000 ventilators he donated to Nigeria ....the fact you are hearing about it today doesn't mean the process started today but well most of u have low IQ
thank you jare for letting them know. They don't do their research, just swallow everything been fed to them hook, line and sinker . That's why it's easy to enslave them

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by FreezedIced: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
To be sold to arms robbers or misused. I still believe in this country though but after I've finally leave the country to secure the future of my children.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Kettlecorn: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Soon to be in the hands of boko haram

That's part of the plan to keep tabs on them. All the equipment loaded with tracking devices
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by SEGLIZ: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
so interesting, good one for us.
the united states should please train them on usage and proper handling of such equipment.
they would need to help us train them to be up to date and how a civil police act, react and respond to situation.
another thing is those equipment shouldn't find there ways into individual possession.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by GRACEGLORY: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:

We'd soon find out his ulterior motives

2 Likes

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Believe me NPF will sale it or use it for our useless politicians who has no value for ordinary Nigeria
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
God bless America
Now it all depends how the Nigerian army make use of the money...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Is Nothing New In This Fabricated Bribery Claim, Jonathan Tells FG / Oluwatosin Ojaomo Sues Hanan Buhari For Using Presidential Aircraft / Buhari Says Obasanjo’s Letter Is Abusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.