Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force (32462 Views)

Norway's $325 Million Shipping Tunnel Gets Go Ahead / Pastor Sunday Edino Arrested With Looted Medical Equipment Worth N1.2bn In Kogi / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by goodnewscliff(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Soon to be in the hands of boko haram

[img]https://media./images/6235bc6da716ee4c940ff8e68122671d/tenor.gif[/img]

Shekau and his men right now....
this one shock me grin grin grin
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
lexy2014:

Can u explain to us how d nigerian govt expends d taxes it collects compared to d govt of d US?

Can u pls explain how d nigerian police spent it's police budget compared to how d NYPD spent it's?

Can u also let us no if d entire budget for d NYPD was enough for it and whether it met all their policing needs?

Is d US richer than Nigeria? How and why is it richer than nigeria?

The thing is, I agree with you that the Nigerian government is a bad manager.

Where we part company is that even with the bad management we have, you cannot compare a police force getting 1 billion dollars to poliuce 200 million people with a police force getting 10 billion to police less than 30 million people.

The way you think, you would expect a child eating once a day to be as tall and healthy as achild eating three times a day.(IMPOSSIBLE)

One problem I have with many fellow Nigerians is that we think that we can buy a car with the budget of a toy tricycle. We can't .

Which is why we need to change the way our economy is run.We need to raise our tax to gdp ratio, and we need to stop depending on oil and on selling raw materials whose prices we don't control, so that we can be as rich as the US, and build stuff for our police to use.

You can call me all sorts of names....but it does not change the fact that we are a poor nation, and saying that does not mean that there is no corruption. There is, and it is making a bad situation worse...which is why I don't even back either APC or PDP , before you go there.

Good evening.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Smh
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by otuodich64: 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:
Joe biden was just elected and he has already ended the travel ban and now he donated equipment to the NPF but yet the stupid people in Nigeria decided to do a prayer march for Trump during the election. When will we learn?
Why do you regard a man who doesn't regard you?Trump has no regard for Africa Why on Earth should African man regard him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
NwaNimo1:

after me na you I love your gif
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by phantom24: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
GamalNasser:

You have small IQ ...this transaction was carried out by the Trump Administration just like the 1000 ventilators he donated to Nigeria ....the fact you are hearing about it today doesn't mean the process started today but well most of u have low IQ
mr big IQ, i hope the suspension of travel ban for Nigerians was also initiated by the Trump administration long before Bidden tookover?
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

The thing is, I agree with you that the Nigerian government is a bad manager.

Where we part company is that even with the bad management we have, you cannot compare a police force getting 1 billion dollars to poliuce 200 million people with a police force getting 10 billion to police less than 30 million people.

The way you think, you would expect a child eating once a day to be as tall and healthy as achild eating three times a day.(IMPOSSIBLE)

One problem I have with many fellow Nigerians is that we think that we can buy a car with the budget of a toy tricycle. We can't .

Which is why we need to change the way our economy is run.We need to raise our tax to gdp ratio, and we need to stop depending on oil and on selling raw materials whose prices we don't control, so that we can be as rich as the US, and build stuff for our police to use.

You can call me all sorts of names....but it does not change the fact that we are a poor nation, and saying that does not mean that there is no corruption. There is, and it is making a bad situation worse...which is why I don't even back either APC or PDP , before you go there.

Good evening.

We haven't parted companies cos I haven't said anything neither did I ask u all u said above. This is what I asked u:

Can u explain to us how d nigerian govt expends d taxes it collects compared to d govt of d US?

Can u pls explain how d nigerian police spent it's police budget compared to how d NYPD spent it's?

Can u also let us no if d entire budget for d NYPD was enough for it and whether it met all their policing needs?

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
lexy2014:

We haven't parted companies cos I haven't said anything neither did I ask u all u said above. This is what I asked u:

[b]Can u explain to us how d nigerian govt expends d taxes it collects compared to d govt of d US?

Can a country whose tax to gdp ratio is 5.8% be as rich as one whose tax to gdp ratio is 24%, and can a country whose gdp per capita is 2250 usd be as rich as a country whose GDP per capita is 532400 dollars?

And note, I did not deny corruption, because corruption makes the matter worse for Nigeria even....

Can someone with a budget of 1 billion dolalrs perform like someone with a budget ten to twenty times that?

Answer that, and perhaps you will find the answers you seek.

Good evening to you too. Your problem is that you think we are a rich nation. We aren't, and the looitng makes it worse.

If you don't get that, then I am really sorry for you....
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
[/color][color=#000099]
Kudejo:
Joe biden was just elected and he has already ended the travel ban and now he donated equipment to the NPF but yet the stupid people in Nigeria decided to do a prayer march for Trump during the election. When will we learn?

Get ready for the real exchange
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by lexy2014: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

Can a country whose tax to gdp ratio is 5.8% be as rich as one whose tax to gdp ratio is 24%, and can a country whose gdp per capita is 2250 usd be as rich as a country whose GDP per capita is 532400 dollars?

And note, I did not deny corruption, because corruption makes the matter worse for Nigeria even....

Can someone with a budget of 1 billion dolalrs perform like someone with a budget ten to twenty times that?

Answer that, and perhaps you will find the answers you seek.

Good evening to you too. Your problem is that you think we are a rich nation. We aren't, and the looitng makes it worse.

If you don't get that, then I am really sorry for you....

My questions are really really straightforward & unambiguous but u are yet to answer them. U are just saying what u weren't asked:

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
lexy2014:

My questions are really really straightforward & unambiguous but u are yet to answer them. U are just saying what u weren't asked:

So are mine., as well as the answers you refuse to face.

Good evening

By the way, there is no such thing as a money tree. wink

Go on, quote me again, and repeat your questions....
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Dollanaira: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
Really
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by lexy2014: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

So are mine., as well as the answers you refuse to face.

Good evening

By the way, there is no such thing as a money tree. wink

Go on, quote me again, and repeat your questions....

I don't remember asking u about money tree. This is what I asked u:

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't remember asking u about money tree. This is what I asked u:

I have already answered you and i am also expecting answers to my questions.

But you don't like my answers

So go ahead and repeat your questions.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

I have already answered you and i am also expecting answers to my questions.

But you don't like my answers

So go ahead and repeat your questions.

U haven't answered anything. D things u said don't have any correlation with d questions asked including d question u asked. Let me make easier by enumerating them for u:

1. Can u explain to us how d nigerian govt expends d taxes it collects compared to d govt of d US?

2. Can u pls explain how d nigerian police spent it's police budget compared to how d NYPD spent it's?

3. Can u also let us no if d entire budget for d NYPD was enough for it and whether it met all their policing needs?

4. Is d US richer than Nigeria? How and why is it richer than nigeria?
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

It makes a bad situation worse, naturally, because they are looting from a poor treasury.

Plus, this is the budget of the Nigeria police...before looting...1.2 billion doollars for 200million people to be policed. The UK spends 24 billion dollars to police 60 million poeple....

Look, even before looting, we are not rich. And even if the billions looted comes back, we have a lot of other things to spend it on...educaiton, health, defence, etc...before it reaches police.
Absolutely! You mentioned raising taxations earlier, I also agree on that but the people who are in the positions to be taxed are the same rich folks and politicians who are fantastically corrupt. How many market women/men traders who runs tomatoes, fish, satchet water or pepper stalls would be able to pay high taxes or even minimum taxes in Nigeria? That is if the accumulated taxes would not be looted. Nigeria is a failed nation QED!
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by nku5: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Thank God for President Donald Trump. I hope Biden does not try to steal the glory like Buhari tried to do from Goodluck Jonathan.

I am sure APC zombies will believe that Joe Biden is the one that approved this donation of equipment to the Nigerian police grin
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
gypsey:
Absolutely! You mentioned raising taxations earlier, I also agree on that but the people who are in the positions to be taxed are the same rich folks and politicians who are fantastically corrupt. How many market women/men traders who runs tomatoes, fish, satchet water or pepper stalls would be able to pay high taxes or even minimum taxes in Nigeria? That is if the accumulated taxes would not be looted. Nigeria is a failed nation QED!

Yes, I agree the rich need to pay more taxes.

But so do the poor as well, because, let's face it, our police force is in a bad state because of lack of funds.

But for me, the solution long term is that we become an industrial nation, and by extension, triple our gdp so that we have the funds for a good budget really. Not this one where we rely on raw materials whose prices 1) WE DON'T CONTROL 2) when the prices fall below a certain point, we don't earn enough to sustain us, and then we have to take loans, to be paid when the prices go up again!

We have a tax to gdp ratio of 5.8 percent, yet we want the benefits of a country that has a tax to gdp ratio above 20% and is industrial and productive to boot.

Plus we can't over tax them rich. Once upon a time , communist nations heavily taxed the rich, and also siezed all their property. For a while, communist naitons were very proseprous, till the money they had expropiated ran out, and then state controlled economies aren't as produictive as capitalist economies. At the end of the day, most communist regimes collapsed. The few that stand are either communist in name only , capitalist in practice...or cult-like covens.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Never4getU: 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Way to go! It's a good start to reassure old allied of a new dawn
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by bigiyaro(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kudejo:
you are so so small minded, US travel ban would have meant a lot of stolen money remaining in Nigeria, you think Joe meant well by lifting the ban? Keep a tab on how much your thieving country men will spent on frivolities in the US this year alone.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Babapyro: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
LoveJesus87:
thank you jare for letting them know. They don't do their research, just swallow everything been fed to them hook, line and sinker . That's why it's easy to enslave them
What proof do you fools have that this was done by the trump administration, last time I checked biden is the current president of USA and he has the right to cancel any goddamn arrangements the former regime has made
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Franktom247(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Did i just see mosquito net lmfao USA ma pa mi now
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Kudejo: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
bigiyaro:
you are so so small minded, US travel ban would have meant a lot of stolen money remaining in Nigeria, you think Joe meant well by lifting the ban? Keep a tab on how much your thieving country men will spent on frivolities in the US this year alone.

If you think any top politician/Government official was affected by the travel ban then you are in for a shock
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Olabs2020(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
NwaNimo1:

Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by JuanDeDios: 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
GamalNasser:

You have small IQ ...this transaction was carried out by the Trump Administration just like the 1000 ventilators he donated to Nigeria ....the fact you are hearing about it today doesn't mean the process started today but well most of u have low IQ
It doesn't follow that he/she has a small IQ. It was Biden that ended the travel ban - Trump didn't start it; he imposed it. The equipment donation process may have started while Trump was in office but the Biden administration could have stopped it - it didn't.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Sailorsoldier1: 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
GamalNasser:

u must insult ppl...Mr very very high IQ....congrats!
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by ZooOga: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Aieboocaar:
Omooor!!!

Seun abeg next time try dey conduct interview before you hire your Mods
grin grin grin

I've been thinking big oga has sold his majority interest in the website and is now only a silent partner.
The ignorance displayed, and tribalism wahala hitting the FP is at an all time high.
And he used to brilliantly update this site regularly with the latest technology and apps like @jack does on Twitter.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
Vardanes2:

Yes, I agree the rich need to pay more taxes.

But so do the poor as well, because, let's face it, our police force is in a bad state because of lack of funds.

But for me, the solution long term is that we become an industrial nation, and by extension, triple our gdp so that we have the funds for a good budget really. Not this one where we rely on raw materials whose prices 1) WE DON'T CONTROL 2) when the prices fall below a certain point, we don't earn enough to sustain us, and then we have to take loans, to be paid when the prices go up again!

We have a tax to gdp ratio of 5.8 percent, yet we want the benefits of a country that has a tax to gdp ratio above 20% and is industrial and productive to boot.

Plus we can't over tax them rich. Once upon a time , communist nations heavily taxed the rich, and also siezed all their property. For a while, communist naitons were very proseprous, till the money they had expropiated ran out, and then state controlled economies aren't as produictive as capitalist economies. At the end of the day, most communist regimes collapsed. The few that stand are either communist in name only , capitalist in practice...or cult-like covens.
Makes alot of sense.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Lastmankc(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
GamalNasser:

The people that liked his comment is even worst
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Jungleluv5: 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
NwaNimo1:

police no be soldier wey compromise ooooo
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by TruthinAction: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Equipment has no name and no pix? Well, the donation is a waste. They should have offered to train our policemen first.
Re: US Doantes Equipment Worth $325,000 To Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Its good, no more cash donations if not dem go chop am.

Holla at me your banana island plug

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uno State Of Cameroon: Foreign Affairs Ministry, UN Office In Nigeria Deny It / Labour Party Zonal Rally In Nsukka (pictures) / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.